Has anyone found any Polaroids?

ajb1978

So I'm starting to suspect that Polaroids don't show up in pre-existing saves.  As of right now, I've re-explored the mountaineer's hut, molly's house, barn, signal hill, carter dam, every interior location in Mystery Lake, the truck there plus behind both visors, and about half of the buildings and vehicles in Milton.  I have found 11 cans of spray paint, and exactly ZERO polaroids.  This strikes me as disproportionate considering that there are supposed to be 11 polaroids in the world.  Statistically speaking I should have found at least one by now.

fresh voyager run, gone on a (by no means exhaustive) trip from desolation point to waterfront cottages in CH so far.  found 8-9 spray cans, and a polaroid at Hibernia.

I suspect the amount of spray cans may be hot fixed to a lower spawn rate, as we saw with the revolver ammo after the initial release.  also, has anyone built a cairn yet?  50 stones means it'll be quite a project.  Curious as to storage capacity, whether you can use it to cure, meat degradation rates etc.

34 minutes ago, Valuable Hunting Knife said:

fresh voyager run, gone on a (by no means exhaustive) trip from desolation point to waterfront cottages in CH so far.  found 8-9 spray cans, and a polaroid at Hibernia.

I suspect the amount of spray cans may be hot fixed to a lower spawn rate, as we saw with the revolver ammo after the initial release.  also, has anyone built a cairn yet?  50 stones means it'll be quite a project.  Curious as to storage capacity, whether you can use it to cure, meat degradation rates etc.

I went to the Hibernia too, but didn't find any photo.

Where exactly is it hidden?

47 minutes ago, dissonance said:

I went to the Hibernia too, but didn't find any photo.

Where exactly is it hidden?

Sorry dude, long couple of days and I'm having a complete brain melt here... I think it may have been on one of the tables in the main area where the whale skeleton is, but I honestly cannot recall.  There's even a slight chance it may have actually been in the Riken.  I definitely had it by the time I made it to the Lighthouse, so it will have been Riken or Hibernia.  Sorry, that's not very helpful!  'Something is making me feel... tired...'

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Valuable Hunting Knife said:

Sorry dude, long couple of days and I'm having a complete brain melt here... I think it may have been on one of the tables in the main area where the whale skeleton is, but I honestly cannot recall.  There's even a slight chance it may have actually been in the Riken.  I definitely had it by the time I made it to the Lighthouse, so it will have been Riken or Hibernia.  Sorry, that's not very helpful!  'Something is making me feel... tired...'

Thank you bro!

I find it in the Riken.

20200520235007.thumb.png.7f95c96c8d901b50b61956dd6e0b2782.png

• Upvote 1

Finally found a Polaroid!  This confirms they do show in pre-existing games.  Mine was in Hushed River Valley, extreme southeast corner of the map.  East by southeast of the ice cave entrance, roughly halfway (on foot, not as the crow flies, so it's a curved path) between Lonely Cave and the southeast Mysterous Signal Fire spawn, in an elevated area past a log bridge.  It was inside a suitcase that had appeared next to a previously-searched corpse.

Edit: I nearly died getting this thing.  My hubris nearly was the end of me.  I figured hey, let's go during an aurora, free flashlight passage through the caves.  Except I forgot there's a bear on the way to my HRV base camp.  He heard me long before I heard him, and came bounding over a hilltop so fast I barely had time to register, let alone draw a weapon.  After regaining consciousness, I decided to abort mission and retreat to Milton to regroup.  He nailed me a second time.  Clothes in tatters, below 10%, I patched myself up again and went the other way, to my HRV base.  Using the supplies I had left behind I got a roaring fire going, and just collapsed into my bedroll.  Retreated to Milton the following day to repair and refit.

I'm going to shoot that bear, mark my words.  I will have my revenge.

Edited by ajb1978
  • Like 2

It was the second trip up to the Summit and was just after the update.  There was a plastic container that was unsearched.  No way did I miss a container was what I remembered thinking.  Inside was where I found a polariod at the Summit.

I found 1 so far. In a backpack / Hushed River Valley. Took me to the "Vista" location. it unlocked A LOT of that region. I was pretty stoked to have an objective. That map has a lot of elevation, so getting to the spot took a few (in-game) days. (including a blizzard). 

56 minutes ago, Ice Hole said:

No way did I miss a container was what I remembered thinking.  Inside was where I found a polariod at the Summit.

That was my thought as well when finding the suitcase, although while spray-painting navigation markers in the ice caves of HRV I did discover a previously undiscovered Hidden Cache.  So you never know!

Just found #2.

In a backpack that spawned on the ground next to a previously searched corpse, slightly northeast of the Paradise Meadows farm house.  Judging from the photo, this is quite obviously the radio tower.[/spawn]

I've found several so far:

Coastal Highway - one in Quonset Garage behind the counter with the cash register, pointed me toward a location in Bleak Inlet

Forlorn Muskeg - one in a box next to a corpse in the little dilapidated wood shed on the island near Old Spence, pointed me toward the radio tower at Muskeg Overlook

Forlorn Muskeg - two identical polaroids, both pointing toward the northernmost radio tower, in a backpack and a metal container right next to one another in the little cavelet on Marsh Ridge where you can find a campfire and sometimes a bedroll

Timberwolf Mountain - one on Echo Peak East, pointed me to the summit

Timberwolf Mountain - one in the cave on the summit, pointed me toward Andre's Peak

Edited by Swales