Screenshot for Screenshot Saturday

9 hours ago, rastheberry said:

88A18C24-6014-4724-8431-701D25F99FFA.jpeg

Outstanding!  You got quite a bloodbath going on here, got that dead deer in the background, and looks like your just about to meet your maker with wolf number two.  Is that your own puddle of blood here in the foreground...  From that angle it looks like this has got to be your last glimpse before you wandered off into the LD.  

3 hours ago, codfish107 said:

You were able to shoot through the planks?

My first ever moose was right there and got lucky with it being a one shot.

20180923010336_1.thumb.jpg.8653872138acea792b3d7b57f0a12943.jpg20180923020634_1.thumb.jpg.0f84427f8c85f5e59e0f2ea2def1d077.jpg

Congrats but don't start fires near a big carcass (bear or moose) because everything will rot before you can get it back

22 minutes ago, DarKube said:

Congrats but don't start fires near a big carcass (bear or moose) because everything will rot before you can get it back

No, if the fire lasts just enough to shred it to bits AND DROP THEM. When the fire dies you'll have a pile of steaks on the ground so they'll last long in the cold outdoors.

3 hours ago, codfish107 said:

You were able to shoot through the planks?

My first ever moose was right there and got lucky with it being a one shot.

20180923010336_1.thumb.jpg.8653872138acea792b3d7b57f0a12943.jpg

That's how I killed my first moose. Funny story, and not as easy as I thought. Search for "carpenter moose".

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Doc Feral said:

No, if the fire lasts just enough to shred it to bits AND DROP THEM. When the fire dies you'll have a pile of steaks on the ground so they'll last long in the cold outdoors.

If it's appropriate for my situation, that's what i do every time for harvesting bears and moose, though i rarely do complete harvests. That time because it was a relatively safe trip to my base at the camp office, i did completely harvest the moose.

I'm pretty sure i read that story B|

@greatwhitegameroh okay, that would have been great if you could.

Edited by codfish107