Warning since v2.20 update - losing stuff from lockers

xanna

Just wanted to let people know that there's a lot of folks on Twitch and some on Steam saying they've had a locker full of loot replaced with an empty locker. Happened in different locations all over the map.

I kinda don't want to load my save now, I have stuff in containers all over.

Anyone had this happen to them?

Open a support ticket at the support portal

Edited by xanna
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, conanjaguar said:

Just lockers, or other containers too?

I don't know. I've only heard about lockers so far, and when it happened on WonzAndOnly's twitch stream, the locker first spawned as a broken locker without a door, and then as an empty locker, which makes me feel it could be locker-specific. I'm not taking any chances, though!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, xanna said:

I don't know. I've only heard about lockers so far, and when it happened on WonzAndOnly's twitch stream, the locker first spawned as a broken locker without a door, and then as an empty locker, which makes me feel it could be locker-specific. I'm not taking any chances, though!

Ouch.

My current Deadman run has 3000 calories worth of cattails and acorns in one of the file cabinets in the Camp Office… maybe best not to update until that’s fixed…

I’ve seen photos and reports on Facebook it’s affecting cabinets, containers and lockers im on a mad dash to empty all my containers on the island before the update hits consoles im hype to have recipe and momentos fixed and birdies in the custom 

Two steps forward, two steps back...  Prior to this update I'd finally gotten back to the bunker in HRV and discovered that all of the searchable containers had reset. That base was damn well stocked, and it was nearly reset, except for the items I'd left placed out into the world as "trophies".

I guess I'm about to lose more, and who knows what all that is. This is very strange, but I suppose it does kind of push me towards a more endgame scenario. Once all the DLC content is released and sufficient time has passed to stabilize the content and fix all the bugs, maybe then I'll start a new run. As it is, if I die in the meantime, I'm not starting a new character until after all content is done and fully patched. I'm seriously not a pessimist, I'm just a realist, and the trends have shown that bugs with each release (including fixes for bugs that introduce further bugs) are becoming more numerous, and more frequent.

Edit: At least my main base at Paradise Meadows appears to be unaffected. As long as I've got that, I can probably eke it out until after the last of the new story stuff is finished, then start a fresh run that is hopefully bug free.

Edit 2: So far so good! I finally found some ptarmigans who are going to be fun to finally experience. So far so good.... Since my main base is OK I'm actually kind of looking forward to seeing how ransacked my other bases are by other survivors.... I couldn't have justified my primary base being completely sacked while I was actively living in it, in that region. Everything else, eh, fair game I guess. If the place is abandoned for 2 months, take it. Go ahead.

Edited by ajb1978
  • Upvote 2

I just started experiencing this as well. I had about 14 L of water disappear out of the freezer in the Community Hall in Pleasant Valley. I thought it was water-specific because I put .5 L of water into a cabinet next to the stove to test the issue and it vanished from there, too. All other containers in the Community Hall seem fine. I haven't gone to check other stash locations yet. I submitted a bug report as well.

Bbeacuse I made backup regulraly before start _updated games_, I reloaded it, and I know why my stuff lost:

I lost the door, and samething (wolf maybe, because I killed the bear 2 das ago) stolen my stuffs:

image.png.614f7960ea4e47b871eb9edeaaee0710.png

Now at least I find the "Lost and found" box, but the big question where I should put them? I go out and back, the fridge door  get repaired, but the lost and found box disappeared!

I think it's a new mystery game inside the game by hinterland!

I went to thomson crossing community house, the same things happend with Trunk. Lost and box exist, but after a reload it disappear, the empty trunk appear.

I didn't emptied the lost  "the lost and found" containers, as I know it should remain until any items in it! And I still didn't find the Thomson family stew recipe!

image.png.cf0f31789270fdb56cf33a466b78d897.png

I'm actually still having the exact same problem with vanishing water since the hotfix. It's only affecting water as far as I can tell so far. I'm playing on Pilgrim so I wonder if this might be a different bug entirely. Should I submit a second bug report?

49 minutes ago, MudFlap33 said:

I'm actually still having the exact same problem with vanishing water since the hotfix. It's only affecting water as far as I can tell so far. I'm playing on Pilgrim so I wonder if this might be a different bug entirely. Should I submit a second bug report?

Always err on the side of submitting too many reports. Even if you know for a fact the issue has already been reported, the number of reports they receive about any one issue is going affect how much of a priority it is. A bug that hundreds of people are reporting is clearly more important than a one-off.

• Like 1

Lmao I just realized why I'm suddenly so overburdened when I only harvested like 10 ptarmigans. It's because of some weird glitch where when I cooked all the little itty bitty pieces of ptarmigan to eat them up quick, while saving the .5kg pieces for recipes....suddenly every single little 0.1kg piece I cooked up, became a full 1kg Cooked Ptarmigan.

Edit: Oops wrong thread. But I'm leaving it here in case it helps anyone.

Edited by ajb1978
  • Upvote 1

Just now, TwoFatCatz said:

@ajb1978 lol you saw my post about the rabbits on the other thread and gave it a go didnt ya 🤣 it’s a wonderful bug at the moment 😊

Honestly no! I didn't even remember it until well after the fact. Like several in-game hours, then it hit me hah!

Edited by ajb1978
I literally mistook "real life" for "in game" oy vey I'm done, stick a fork in me
  • Upvote 1