The I’m Actually Happy With My DLC TFTFT Purchase and Can’t Wait to Play the Updates as They Come Out Thread

@Leeanda And anyone else that’s interested

This thread is mostly a joke, but really with the intention of inviting positive experiences with the evolving DLC update.  
Looking forward to hearing any upbuilding gameplay from part 2, to include new items found, new music noticed, and so on.  

How’s the Xbox working??  

• Upvote 7
  • Like 1

Haven’t had a chance to play much but the updated loot location gives the game some freshness and I’m looking forward to hunting down bunkers.   
found a few memento notes and keys, don’t know what they are yet.

• Upvote 3

I'm also very pleased with Part 2.  I'm blowing through the Tale much quicker than I thought, so I'm trying to slow my pace a bit and drag it out.  I'm doing this by searching for the elusive bunkers while I'm in the zone with the transmitter.

I've found some acorns but don't have much use for them.  Stumbled upon the bomber jacket and the technical balaclava. I left off yesterday in CH waiting for a blizzard so I could beachcomb and hopefully find that washed-up boat.

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, cullam said:

The new bomber jackets are pretty damn sweet! Great against wind, while also being decently warm. (but quite heavy)

It's my jam right now along with the Aviator hat.
I have since found a Wool Toque...Insulated Boots...and a 2nd pair of Wool Longjohns.

25 Warmth
11 Windproof with this getup.

Started in Transfer Pass...and have survived less than 2 weeks.

screen_0a635d82-bc22-42bf-9f58-5790110748e0.png

• Upvote 4

43 minutes ago, SuperStriker16 said:

You have unlocked ‘Sniper’ ability.

With my eyesight anything is  a bonus.   It's a pity they don't have long range  scopes .😁 

Just found Vaughn's too but that's stowed away.

Edited by Leeanda
  • Upvote 1

I love the DLC and anything Hinterland has added over the years to the game. This game is a labour of love by HL and they keep delivering more exceptional content for free until now. I was happy to pay a small token for the thousands of hours of enjoyment. I feel very disappointed with the few highly vocal complainers that proliferate on Steam such that I can't even read that forum anymore. I am happy to upvote anything positive about this game and the devs. Finding all the gun variants and now playing the signal void has given new incentive to do another run. Barb's rifle is my current friend as I can instakill a deer or wolf or bear 90% of the time. Gonna try snipe a moose with curators.

• Upvote 7

Just now, SuperStriker16 said:

You might’ve just revealed my next idea for things they can add to the game😂.

Scopes have been mentioned before.😁.   Not sure they'd be strong enough for me anyway.  Maybe a telescope would.

• Upvote 2

23 hours ago, RossBondReturns said:

It's my jam right now along with the Aviator hat.
I have since found a Wool Toque...Insulated Boots...and a 2nd pair of Wool Longjohns.

25 Warmth
11 Windproof with this getup.

Started in Transfer Pass...and have survived less than 2 weeks.

screen_0a635d82-bc22-42bf-9f58-5790110748e0.png

Currently JEALOUS.  But only for a short time hopefully :) I'm still in AC, working back towards FA.

• Upvote 2

Just stumbled across my first random plane crash in Mystery Lake (near the fire lookout).  It wasn't easy to get to and the loot was pretty lack luster, but it was cool searching around it, perched on the side of that mountain as it was... it felt more grim... more emotional somehow picking through the wreckage than just searching old buildings.  Great job, HL.

• Upvote 4