The I’m Actually Happy With My DLC TFTFT Purchase and Can’t Wait to Play the Updates as They Come Out Thread

I'm pretty sure the yellow shortwave signal doesn't lead to crashed planes. Instead, it leads to the new caches introduced with part2 of TFTFT that look like some time capsules. Wether it fell down from a plane or not is not really relevant even though I truly think it's quite a good idea.

My point is : once you've looted the capsule, the signal ends, even if you've not touched the plane at all. So, for me, the yellow signal leads only to capsules.

By the way, I really love the DLC so far ;)

Edited by DaGnome91
  • Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, SuperStriker16 said:

Whale song? Like a bunch of whales singing while in Coastal highway, is this a new feature, because it sounds pretty crazy ngl for TLD. I will keep my ears out just in case.

More like a solitary whale I think.... 

I appreciate the fact that it might have been something else but it sounded like it to me. Maybe wishful thinking cos I'd like to see/hear them  anyway. 

I have in the past heard airplanes,sniper shots and a few other things like voices in the mines.  

• Upvote 2

For how many more hours I've poured into the game since I bought the DLC, I can say that I'm quite happy with it right now. They've added quite a few things to make the game a lot more interesting. I hope to find a boat along the shore during one of my beachcombing trips soon.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Leeanda said:

Loving finding the random crashed planes.🙂

Still looking.... Found the Bunker Gamma today though and I love the new story addition/plot twist.  Looking forward to the story unfolding!!

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Semple Fi said:

Still looking.... Found the Bunker Gamma today though and I love the new story addition/plot twist.  Looking forward to the story unfolding!!

I get the feeling there's one in most of the maps ,possible exception of desolation  given its size. 

I've only found two so far  but I know there's more out there.😊.    

Congrats on finding the first bunker ..  I'm curious where it's going too.   Sadly I can't continue searching because of the glimmer fog but I hope you have fun with the tales😊

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, PilgrimReaper said:

In all honesty: I’m Actually Happy With My DLC TFTFT Purchase and Can’t Wait to Play the Updates as They Come Out.

Now that I’ve found both bunkers, I’m really excited to get more into the story!

I also found out the hard way that the transmitters burn out after one use.  So find the bunker ASAP or you’ll be hauling a battery from one map away! 😂😂

• Upvote 1

On 5/5/2023 at 8:56 AM, Semple Fi said:

Now that I’ve found both bunkers, I’m really excited to get more into the story!

I also found out the hard way that the transmitters burn out after one use.  So find the bunker ASAP or you’ll be hauling a battery from one map away! 😂😂

WHAT??

Tell me you're joking.

It's taking me weeks & weeks of in-game time just to repair all 6 towers ONCE. 😭

And I thought there were 3 bunkers. 

... EDIT...

Or maybe it's this from the wiki:  "...some users have noted that if you repair transmitters before getting the radio, once you have the radio you will need to repair them again..." This is a bug that was fixed.

Edited by Sherri

4 hours ago, Sherri said:

WHAT??

Tell me you're joking.

It's taking me weeks & weeks of in-game time just to repair all 6 towers ONCE. 😭

And I thought there were 3 bunkers. 

... EDIT...

Or maybe it's this from the wiki:  "...some users have noted that if you repair transmitters before getting the radio, once you have the radio you will need to repair them again..." This is a bug that was fixed.

I noticed it when I was looking for Alpha bunker in BI.  I had repaired the transmitter in FM (after getting the radio) but went to ML and repaired that transmitter/went to HR for Gamma bunker THEN headed back to BI.  Spent multiple nights wondering why I wasn’t getting a signal…. Then finally figured out the FM transmitter had burned out from my original fix.  

THERE’S THREE BUNKERS???!!

Awesome

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Raphael van Lierop and the Hinterland team have done an amazing job in my opinion.  For a small studio you put in so much hard work, and I love the ethics you bring to the gaming world.  Im a long-time Long Dark player, but also a very long time gamer, having started my gaming journey on a Commodore 64 when I was 6 years old.  I dont think Ive ever put more time into a game than The Long Dark.  The still feels unique to me.  The expansion has been fantastic for me personally, and cant wait to play more as the parts eventually release.  I for one, have no problem with the wait between parts, the best things in life are worth the wait.

Chin up @Raphael van Lierop and the team, you guys are doing awesome!!

• Upvote 2

just found this thread, and i have to say i really did enjoy tales and signal void, despite that being the only new content so far, i REALLY enjoyed it as it added to the total experience of just exploring new places, finding new things, doing cool stuff.

The last time i played TLD was on xbox last year, and in my survival run then i had gotten both the moose hide satchel and the technical backpack, and felt like despite there being more to do, i just didn't want to have to walk around everywhere i had already been. But by buying tales, it brought me back to the game i love, so thank you hinterland, for despite all the problems with tales, still bringing me, and others an experience we love!

Edited by FreshYoMama
  • Upvote 1
  • Like 2

On 4/17/2023 at 2:39 PM, Leeanda said:

Third run and half an hour in I get a free bear roll.   😊

Actually wondering if the bear coat in ash has moved or just been removed altogether.?

I haven’t found the coat in Ash on two separate runs…

speaking of randomness, I’ve also started seeing different corpses around as well.  

And I finally came across the Splunkers lantern and the Curators rifle.  

awesome!

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Semple Fi said:

I haven’t found the coat in Ash on two separate runs…

speaking of randomness, I’ve also started seeing different corpses around as well.  

And I finally came across the Splunkers lantern and the Curators rifle.  

awesome!

I wonder if it's moved, but I haven't found it anywhere .I haven't been to hrv though,aside from directly to the bunker,so it could be there🤔

Me too..some in military outfits. 

And yay.  Congrats!!😊.   Both great additions.. I love the curators rifle and the lanterns a real fuel saver. 

• Upvote 2

On 5/30/2023 at 12:16 AM, FreshYoMama said:

just found this thread, and i have to say i really did enjoy tales and signal void, despite that being the only new content so far, i REALLY enjoyed it as it added to the total experience of just exploring new places, finding new things, doing cool stuff.

The last time i played TLD was on xbox last year, and in my survival run then i had gotten both the moose hide satchel and the technical backpack, and felt like despite there being more to do, i just didn't want to have to walk around everywhere i had already been. But by buying tales, it brought me back to the game i love, so thank you hinterland, for despite all the problems with tales, still bringing me, and others an experience we love!

So true! Great comment. 
I’m currently outfitted and waiting for the next drop.  I have the satchel and backpack, new clothing and such.  Raided all the bunkers and am heading to CH to look for new planes and such in the meantime.  
The update has added quite a bit to refresh.  
Now on to the whale watching!!

• Upvote 1