The I’m Actually Happy With My DLC TFTFT Purchase and Can’t Wait to Play the Updates as They Come Out Thread

13 hours ago, Semple Fi said:

I have as of yet to find any of the rifle variations except Vaughns... Still looking... A scope would be GREAT.  And so would a crossbow. LOVING the input!

@Sito

@SuperStriker16

@Leeanda

In multiple starts in various regions and on various custom and standard difficulties, I've only found 1 rifle and no Vaughns.  I have found a couple of revolvers.  I have also confirmed that, for me at least, the memento keys are not spawning in custom modes.  I've found them only in my standard starts (even when using guides to them that are popping up on Youtube.  (I have sent in a ticket on this, but would mind it if other players on Xbox might confirm this as well).  I have found one heavy hammer in one of the red toolboxes in Broken Railroad Maintenance Shed (so there is still a chance one will spawn there, but on interloper it may be blocked from spawning there if the player themselves spawns within that region (don't know yet).  I've encountered a few other bugs, but nothing major (other than my startup issues - which HL have looked into and are unable to replicate).  That they went to work on it so quickly is absolutely commendable...  all in all I have no real complaints.  For now, I'm continuing to run short "tests" in various regions and on various difficulties and probably won't start seriously playing the DLC Tales for awhile yet.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, UpUpAway95 said:

In multiple starts in various regions and on various custom and standard difficulties, I've only found 1 rifle and no Vaughns.  I have found a couple of revolvers.  I have also confirmed that, for me at least, the memento keys are not spawning in custom modes.  I've found them only in my standard starts (even when using guides to them that are popping up on Youtube.  (I have sent in a ticket on this, but would mind it if other players on Xbox might confirm this as well).  I have found one heavy hammer in one of the red toolboxes in Broken Railroad Maintenance Shed (so there is still a chance one will spawn there, but on interloper it may be blocked from spawning there if the player themselves spawns within that region (don't know yet).  I've encountered a few other bugs, but nothing major (other than my startup issues - which HL have looked into and are unable to replicate).  That they went to work on it so quickly is absolutely commendable...  all in all I have no real complaints.  For now, I'm continuing to run short "tests" in various regions and on various difficulties and probably won't start seriously playing the DLC Tales for awhile yet.

I'm on custom pilgrim and although I've hardly searched any visors I have found one note and key with it.  If I have any problems with any others I'll let you know.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

I'm on custom pilgrim and although I've hardly searched any visors I have found one note and key with it.  If I have any problems with any others I'll let you know.

Not sure where my previous response to this went... This is interesting and probably means that I probably need to uninstall and reinstall the game.  With my crappy internet, that's going to take at least 8 hours to complete... and maybe as long as 3 days, depending on how large the actually game file is compared with the update one (which took 8 hours).  I'm doing it, now... reluctantly.  Hopefully, it will clear up some of the bugs I'm seeing.  Getting my book out and shutting down everything else that's online.  We'll talk to you again when it's complete.  Thanks.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, UpUpAway95 said:

Not sure where my previous response to this went... This is interesting and probably means that I probably need to uninstall and reinstall the game.  With my crappy internet, that's going to take at least 8 hours to complete... and maybe as long as 3 days, depending on how large the actually game file is compared with the update one (which took 8 hours).  I'm doing it, now... reluctantly.  Hopefully, it will clear up some of the bugs I'm seeing.  Getting my book out and shutting down everything else that's online.  We'll talk to you again when it's complete.  Thanks.

8 hours is ridiculous no matter how big a game gbs are.   .  My sympathies.. maybe another provider might be worth considering? 

I hope it works for you properly after all that wait. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Leeanda said:

8 hours is ridiculous no matter how big a game gbs are.   .  My sympathies.. maybe another provider might be worth considering? 

I hope it works for you properly after all that wait. 

Rural internet sucks.  There really aren't any other providers available.  There's a couple in the area and we''ve switched between them; but in the end they actually use the same equipment (cell towers) and our neighbor's big trees intermittently block the line of sight... so, until the city grows towards us (something I don't want), we're stuck with crappy internet.  It is what it is... beats not having any internet at all though (looking on the positivity side).

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, UpUpAway95 said:

Rural internet sucks.  There really aren't any other providers available.  There's a couple in the area and we''ve switched between them; but in the end they actually use the same equipment (cell towers) and our neighbor's big trees intermittently block the line of sight... so, until the city grows towards us (something I don't want), we're stuck with crappy internet.  It is what it is... beats not having any internet at all though (looking on the positivity side).

I’m curious if it’s an issue with the random generator at the start of the game? It seems these problems are inconsistently inconsistent.  Just like A-fib. LOL

I live out in the rural areas too… So my tactic is plan on finding free high speed Internet when I’m in town getting groceries, etc.  Unless you are on a desk top…. In which case, welcome back to 1996!! I remember how patient I was back then… 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Semple Fi
Stuff
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Semple Fi said:

But were the acorns Actually Pointless?? 😅

image.jpeg.7dbbd9ca036cd6cd9d277ad08958f4c0.jpeg

Lol.    Well they do literally have points on them.  But at the moment I have enough moose kicks to last several hundred days . And I don't need a hammer for them😁

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Leeanda said:

Well, 9 hours or so after starting the reinstall... It's  been worth it... found a memento key under the visor of the first vehicle I checked.  Thank you, Leeanda, for your immense help in determining the problem was with my initial download.

Edited by UpUpAway95
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Semple Fi said:

I’m curious if it’s an issue with the random generator at the start of the game? It seems these problems are inconsistently inconsistent.  Just like A-fib. LOL

I live out in the rural areas too… So my tactic is plan on finding free high speed Internet when I’m in town getting groceries, etc.  Unless you are on a desk top…. In which case, welcome back to 1996!! I remember how patient I was back then… 🤣🤣🤣

Well, I'm on an Xbox Series X, so I could take it in for downloads.  It's a thought.  At any rate... waiting for the reinstall hasn't been a total loss... I did some reading, got some housework done and saw one heck of a great movie on regular, old fashioned TV.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, UpUpAway95 said:

Well, 9 hours or so after starting the reinstall... It's  been worth it... found a memento key under the visor of the first vehicle I checked.  Thank you, Leeanda, for your immense help in determining the problem was with my initial download.

I'm glad you got it sorted and I really hope you never need to reinstall it again!  

1 hour ago, Leeanda said:

I'm glad you got it sorted and I really hope you never need to reinstall it again!  

I'm still seeing some inconsistent minor issues with different reloads of my save file.  For example, I'm currently doing a short "test" in Coastal Highway (familiarizing myself with the new beachcombing feature) and I haven't yet found a prybar.  Several of the lockers in the quonset, therefore, are still locked.  The red locked symbol, however, appears and disappears and then reappears on different launches of the save file.  Being positive (or not 😀), the lockers are remaining consistently locked whether or not the lock symbol is there to see it or not.

I also found a cache note under a visor that did not have a key with it.  I'm hoping that's the way this note should be and that I'm not still having a problem with keys not spawning when they should.

ETA:  Just a thought - are you playing on an Xbox One or Xbox One X or are you on an Xbox Series X?  Just trying to eliminate the possibility that it's be some sort of compatibility issue with the Series X (which is what I've upgraded to).

Edited by UpUpAway95

1 minute ago, UpUpAway95 said:

I'm still seeing some inconsistent minor issues with different reloads of my save file.  For example, I'm currently doing a short "test" in Coastal Highway (familiarizing myself with the new beachcombing feature) and I haven't yet found a prybar.  Several of the lockers in the quonset, therefore, are still locked.  The red locked symbol, however, appears and disappears and then reappears on different launches of the save file.  Being positive (or not 😀), the lockers are remaining consistently locked whether or not the lock symbol is there to see it or not.

There are a few small things I'm getting too. Invisible gunpowder in a locker,weighing nothing. Took it out ,still invisible .put it on the floor for it to vanish permanently .  Tools are very rare so I'm not surprised you haven't found a pry bar. I've only just found a hammer and that was in a cache not out in the world. .

The only consistent bug I've found is the diary and journal don't work.  The keyboard won't appear .

It's still worth reporting ,but I hope you can get into the lockers when you find a pry bar..  

• Upvote 1

On 4/1/2023 at 6:10 PM, UpUpAway95 said:

Just stumbled across my first random plane crash in Mystery Lake (near the fire lookout).  It wasn't easy to get to and the loot was pretty lack luster, but it was cool searching around it, perched on the side of that mountain as it was... it felt more grim... more emotional somehow picking through the wreckage than just searching old buildings.  Great job, HL.

That one, like the one in HRV, are identified by the handheld shortwave as well.

35 minutes ago, hozz1235 said:

Hide contents

That one, like the one in HRV, are identified by the handheld shortwave as well.

I haven't gone into the Far Territory yet, so I'm not carrying the shortwave... so, one can stumble into them without starting the actual Tale.  I just stumbled into my second one - in Coastal Highway (looks like the pilot overshot his landing), and I'm really enjoying just exploring individual zones in the main game areas and finding "random" new things.  I'm not really in too big of a rush to start the official DLC at this point. 😀

Edited by UpUpAway95

6 hours ago, Leeanda said:

There are a few small things I'm getting too. Invisible gunpowder in a locker,weighing nothing. Took it out ,still invisible .put it on the floor for it to vanish permanently .  Tools are very rare so I'm not surprised you haven't found a pry bar. I've only just found a hammer and that was in a cache not out in the world. .

The only consistent bug I've found is the diary and journal don't work.  The keyboard won't appear .

It's still worth reporting ,but I hope you can get into the lockers when you find a pry bar..  

Well, I finally found a prybar - embarassed to say it was laying in the snow near a truck right beside the Quonset (lol).  Agree though - tools are rare or at least seem to be rarer than they were.  I haven't yet found a hatchet and I just found my first actual knife (did find an improvised one fairly quickly).  On the other side of the coin, I have a shoe/boot collection that would probably rival Imelda Marcos' at this point and 4 lanterns.  Of course, with things being more randomized in general, I wouldn't expect them to be as balanced run to run or as consistent.

Beachcombing - which was the point of this run with no blizzards - continues to be non-existent so far...  I found a tin can, cattail stalk, and a book of cardboard matches on my first pass and nothing has washed up since that I can see.  (I'm not the most fearless beachcomber though, so I could be missing some small stuff farther out onto the ice... doubt I'm so bad at it that I would miss a trunk or a boat though.  😃

Edited by UpUpAway95

5 minutes ago, UpUpAway95 said:

Well, I finally found a prybar - embarassed to say it was laying in the snow near a truck right beside the Quonset (lol).  Agree though - tools are rare or at least seem to be rarer than they were.  I haven't yet found a hatchet and I just found my first actual knife (did find an improvised one fairly quickly).  On the other side of the coin, I have a shoe/boot collection that would probably rival Imelda Marcos' at this point and 4 lanterns.  Of course, with things being more randomized in general, I wouldn't expect them to be as balanced run to run or as consistent.

Beachcombing - which was the point of this run with no blizzards continues to be non-existent so far...  I found a tin can, cattail stalk, and a book of cardboard matches on my first pass and nothing has washed up since that I can see.  (I'm not the most fearless beachcomber though, so I could be missing some small stuff farther out onto the ice... doubt I'm so bad at it that I would miss a trunk or a boat though.  😃

Glad you found one.   I had to practically walk into an oak tree to notice it this morning so I wouldn't feel bad about the crowbar or the beachcombing.  😀 

I've just arrived in coastal myself so I'll check out what's on the beach.  I did just leave bleak but after the blizzard I only found a trunk  but I'm not familiar with traipsing around on that patch of ice so didn't push my luck.