The I’m Actually Happy With My DLC TFTFT Purchase and Can’t Wait to Play the Updates as They Come Out Thread

2 minutes ago, Semple Fi said:

So true! Great comment. 
I’m currently outfitted and waiting for the next drop.  I have the satchel and backpack, new clothing and such.  Raided all the bunkers and am heading to CH to look for new planes and such in the meantime.  
The update has added quite a bit to refresh.  
Now on to the whale watching!!

Whale watching?    I'd pay lots of money just to  do that

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Whale watching?    I'd pay lots of money just to  do that

That’ll be the next soundtrack dlc… 1 hour loop of white noise/whale songs from CH 🤩🤣

Sidebar, what does the red hand mean??

BD63DBBF-AD32-4A81-A88E-A972B47B8BEE.jpeg.03e43ff3cdd44452fb2ec92b04aea789.jpeg

• Upvote 1

Just now, Semple Fi said:

That’ll be the next soundtrack dlc… 1 hour loop of white noise/whale songs from CH 🤩🤣

Sidebar, what does the red hand mean??

BD63DBBF-AD32-4A81-A88E-A972B47B8BEE.jpeg.03e43ff3cdd44452fb2ec92b04aea789.jpeg

That'd be awesome😊🌞 

I don't know about that hand thing...I noticed it on a video yesterday , it went white when he was climbing a rope with a sprain ,using a stim of course, so maybe a new sprain sign🤔

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

That'd be awesome😊🌞 

I don't know about that hand thing...I noticed it on a video yesterday , it went white when he was climbing a rope with a sprain ,using a stim of course, so maybe a new sprain sign🤔

Ahhh no I mean the red palm icon on the avatar in the photo.  
I’ve seen it on some peoples avatars recently

I think you may be referring to the headache icon?

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Semple Fi said:

Ahhh no I mean the red palm icon on the avatar in the photo.  
I’ve seen it on some peoples avatars recently

I think you may be referring to the headache icon?

Oh sorry...  The eyes are not so good today..   

Umm.. I don't know. Not seen them before.   Maybe @Admin can tell us. 

oh is that the headache icon?   Can't say I remember seeing that before either. 

• Upvote 1

The Signal Void quest on Interloper was much appreciated by me. After one false (fatal) start I have since finished it and did enjoy it greatly. I'm looking forward to more content.

Now I'm working towards my 100 days per region and just realised that Transfer Pass is included. That is going to be interesting. 😅

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, bladerunner900 said:

The Signal Void quest on Interloper was much appreciated by me. After one false (fatal) start I have since finished it and did enjoy it greatly. I'm looking forward to more content.

Now I'm working towards my 100 days per region and just realised that Transfer Pass is included. That is going to be interesting. 😅

I feel like you’ll have to haul a large inventory in with you into the transfer pass, and eat EVERY ACORN AVAILABLE.  

Does it have to be 100 days straight? or just a total of 100 days in each region?

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Semple Fi said:

I feel like you’ll have to haul a large inventory in with you into the transfer pass, and eat EVERY ACORN AVAILABLE.  

Does it have to be 100 days straight? or just a total of 100 days in each region?

It gets boring if I camp for too long so I tend to do about 25 at a time. it doesn't have to be done all in one go. I'll probably wander between regions because as you say, resources are limited in TP.

I see FA is on the list so that will help.

Edited by bladerunner900
More info.
  • Upvote 1

20 hours ago, FreshYoMama said:

ooh this sounds like a very intereting challenge! i hope it doesn't go wrong

I've done it a few times in the past., so I tend to fall into a pattern after a while. It's then that I find myself cutting corners, or taking chances. Usually, something not to serious happens that brings me back to awareness. So new regions are good, I look forward to those. It means a new adventure on top of the old.

9 hours ago, bladerunner900 said:

It gets boring if I camp for too long so I tend to do about 25 at a time. it doesn't have to be done all in one go. I'll probably wander between regions because as you say, resources are limited in TP.

I see FA is on the list so that will help.

I was thinking that’s got to be rough to try and do 100 days in one shot.  

They would have to add a crossword puzzle book into the game…. For killing time

Side bar: Have we always been able to open the mailboxes?? Or is that new? 
Has there always been a digital pump at the Quincys Quonset??

and finally, I found Barb’s rifle today! I don’t know if I’m going to give up the Curators rifle for it though….

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

@Admin

I have to say…..

I’m pretty happy with the updates so far.  
There’s been a good spread of new content that ranges from QOL to updated equipment and a wider selection of craft able components to a new “mission driven” achievement.  
With the eventual release of Wintermute part 5, the prospect of additional narrative driven achievements is something I have a lot of interest in.  What is this “Machine” and the experiments from Signal Void?? I hope that story continues…. Perhaps additional support driven content from the forest talkers as well!

And it appears that making recipes from the frontier cooking system increases cooking ability even faster?? 

All of these little tweaks and additions have been a lot of fun to play and have breathed new life into the game.  

Excited for the remaining updates!

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Semple Fi said:

@Admin

I have to say…..

I’m pretty happy with the updates so far.  
There’s been a good spread of new content that ranges from QOL to updated equipment and a wider selection of craft able components to a new “mission driven” achievement.  
With the eventual release of Wintermute part 5, the prospect of additional narrative driven achievements is something I have a lot of interest in.  What is this “Machine” and the experiments from Signal Void?? I hope that story continues…. Perhaps additional support driven content from the forest talkers as well!

And it appears that making recipes from the frontier cooking system increases cooking ability even faster?? 

All of these little tweaks and additions have been a lot of fun to play and have breathed new life into the game.  

Excited for the remaining updates!

Couldn't agree more...

I know I keep saying I can't find things but I m not complaining,just making a statement.

I've said before I loved it three years ago and I still do..    

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

I'm late to this discussion but just wanted to chime in with my experience -

When I first played this game back in 2018 I had such an amazing experience that I committed to buying whatever the studio released. I have pretty severe ADD and can't imagine what it's like to try to focus a development team on one game for six plus years, no matter how awesome the game is.

I have bought the game several times on different platforms and as gifts for a couple folks, and will continue to buy anything the studio offers. I admire their stated goals in how they treat their employees and appreciate even the iterative changes that the team makes to fine-tune things. I check back in every once in a while to re-experience the game and never fail to get lost in its wonderful environments. As far as I'm concerned, I have gotten every bit of my money's worth and then some. In our lives, we often pay for experiences of one type or another. The Long Dark has been an incredible experience, and I'll keep forking over money to support the feels it gives me every time I step into that world.

I wish there was a better way to support the team and keep them enthused and let them know how much I appreciate the world they've created...

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, MindFog2287 said:

I'm late to this discussion but just wanted to chime in with my experience -

When I first played this game back in 2018 I had such an amazing experience that I committed to buying whatever the studio released. I have pretty severe ADD and can't imagine what it's like to try to focus a development team on one game for six plus years, no matter how awesome the game is.

I have bought the game several times on different platforms and as gifts for a couple folks, and will continue to buy anything the studio offers. I admire their stated goals in how they treat their employees and appreciate even the iterative changes that the team makes to fine-tune things. I check back in every once in a while to re-experience the game and never fail to get lost in its wonderful environments. As far as I'm concerned, I have gotten every bit of my money's worth and then some. In our lives, we often pay for experiences of one type or another. The Long Dark has been an incredible experience, and I'll keep forking over money to support the feels it gives me every time I step into that world.

I wish there was a better way to support the team and keep them enthused and let them know how much I appreciate the world they've created...

Well said...   I've bought it several times too and I still feel like it's not enough..  whatever they come up with in the future I'll be more than happy to pay for it.. it's a beautiful game.