AS INTERLOPER PLAYER I FEEL LEFT OUT!

As person who plays interloper becuse I find other difficultys too easy or not challenging enough I feel left out, yes I will give you that we can visit bunkers now but,leaving out the tale for those who payed for DLC just because they play interloper? I dont agree wtih that at all I think better options should be to leace it because nobody can force you to do it.I still hope for change with feats and custom runs because I think its unfair for someone who playes voyager or piligrim to make progress but someone who plays gunloper dont! I I hate lack of veriety on Interloper and yes your guys are doing great job but honestly, not many people play interloper but as one of them I feel left out, you dont have to add spulonkers lanter or new bow we get with dlc but at least you could give us an option to turn it on or off in interloper, we are seeing many updates but we are still stuck at the same place game didnt change for us at all...Please consider listening even a little minority of us that it is there becuse we care for this game as much as you.

• Upvote 9
  • Like 4

I agree with everything you've said here. We are a minority and we feel left out.

Some additional options for Custom mode or better communication about what parts of the roadmap would be available to which game mode could have gone a long way. I understand that not all content will be available to us. But to exclude us from the transponder and Tales feels like a slap in the face.

Very disappointed.

• Upvote 3

100+ days prepping for this after having to abandon my previous 500+ day run, only to be rug-pulled. I won't be playing now, I guess, unless that changes. I hope my money helps, at least, Hinterland's a good crew, despite this. Cheers.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Kranium said:

Well I hope you figure something out.

In the meantime, I suppose this is the "safe space" for dissenting opinions, eh? Or is that not allowed?

We welcome constructive criticism. We simply ask that all posts remain respectful toward our team and other members of the community. 

• Upvote 2

Some people act like Interloper is all about surviving with scarce resources. But that ship sailed long ago. Finding stuff is a challenge at the beginning, but overall there is still a lot. And any new region adds so much more. Look at how many cat tails there are in Ash Canyon. Or consider that all possible sapling locations there actually spawn instead of being semi-random like on other maps. Craftable crampons or crampon repair not needing the milling machine are also things that make the game easier. And that's just going to continue.

Tools like hammers or hacksaws probably shouldn't be in bunkers. There are already enough of them. But adding a handful of cans of corn and ham wouldn't affect the overall balance at all.

If it's about the atmosphere, then making the Tale content toggeable (maybe in Custom mode) is a good solution. And with that I don't see how the new notes are much different from the written ones. There are no people around, but you're surrounded by their remnants almost everywhere.

Edited by Serenity
  • Upvote 5

On 4/4/2023 at 3:48 PM, Admin said:

We welcome constructive criticism. We simply ask that all posts remain respectful toward our team and other members of the community. 

I see more disrespect towards the Interloper players than coming from them. No biggie, there's better places to have open discussions. This bubble is safe.

Hinterland is great, no worries there.

On 3/30/2023 at 2:10 PM, phobiac said:

As person who plays interloper becuse I find other difficultys too easy or not challenging enough I feel left out, yes I will give you that we can visit bunkers now but,leaving out the tale for those who payed for DLC just because they play interloper? I dont agree wtih that at all I think better options should be to leace it because nobody can force you to do it.I still hope for change with feats and custom runs because I think its unfair for someone who playes voyager or piligrim to make progress but someone who plays gunloper dont! I I hate lack of veriety on Interloper and yes your guys are doing great job but honestly, not many people play interloper but as one of them I feel left out, you dont have to add spulonkers lanter or new bow we get with dlc but at least you could give us an option to turn it on or off in interloper, we are seeing many updates but we are still stuck at the same place game didnt change for us at all...Please consider listening even a little minority of us that it is there becuse we care for this game as much as you.

1) It's not just people who play loper who are unable to play this Tale... it's anyone who wants to play with Baseline Resources set to low (this means that there are a number of custom runs that won't be able to play this Tale as well).  That does not mean that the player cannot play the Tale, they just have to increase the Baseline Resources setting (either by using a Stalker standard run or a Custom rum with Baseline Resources set to medium.  This does not mean that I don't think HL should change this.  I do...I think, in custom, they need a separate toggle to turn the Tales on or off that is separate from the baseline resources setting.  As a custom only player, I personally am not concerned with whether or not they decide to change their standard difficulty settings.  That's up to Loper players to advocate for themselves (please - without shouting, without accusing the devs of "sucker punching them, or using profanities like "assloads.")

2) I've long advocated to HL for allowing the progression of feats in custom for the exact reason you've stated.  Often, however, I've met resistance, principally from Loper players, claiming that this would make feat progression too easy.  It seems to me to be unfair to say it's OK to lock Custom players out of feats, but not OK to lock Loper players out of Tales.  Custom players have paid for the game just like Lopers have paid for the DLC; therefore, the same reasoning should hold for both arguments.  In short, all features should be available in some form for all players to access in a difficulty mode they enjoy playing.  That's the great idea behind Custom menus to start with... one I wholeheartedly enjoy and support... the more flexibility HL can offer the player in selecting the sort of run they want to play, the better.

3) ... and in case it is somethiing the devs were considering regarding the cougar... To HL:  If you do decide to not make a passive version of this predator (which I'd understand), please provide an option so that Pilgrim players can decide for themselves whether or not they want to introduce a non-passive animal into their games and, if a Tale is involved, please don't lock them out of it.  They will be similarly disappointed as Loper players are today about being locked out of this Tale.

Edited by UpUpAway95
  • Upvote 3

Could someone please tell me if I can do tales on a custom difficulty? I usually play Interloper but what if I take loper settings and change the first setting "resource availability" from low to medium, like on Stalker? Would I get tales then?

28 minutes ago, bysinda said:

Could someone please tell me if I can do tales on a custom difficulty? I usually play Interloper but what if I take loper settings and change the first setting "resource availability" from low to medium, like on Stalker? Would I get tales then?

Yes. I did this, definitely worked for me.

I think it'd be fun to have the short hand radio in interloper and be able to experience that gameplay. It encourages exploration--maybe just nerf the loot found in the cache and bring it to interloper levels? We should be able to access the tale and play it on interloper, once again just nerf the loot. Same with the bunkers, just nerf the loot in them a lot bring them way down to the pits of interloper; it doesn't have to be stocked full of stuff, but, if I find a can of beans and maybe a thin wool sweater I wouldn't be mad. 

Same with the alternative items--aren't these suppose to be trade offs, what's the harm of bringing a different kind if lantern to interloper?

58 minutes ago, Kain said:

but, if I find a can of beans and maybe a thin wool sweater I wouldn't be mad. 

I'd definitely like a can or two of corn and ham in the bunkers. No reason to take it out entirely. It wouldn't affect the balance at all. The corn doesn't even have that many calories.

• Upvote 1

So I ended up installing everything on my niece's computer, in order to use a custom settings tweak mod to see if that would work. It didn't. But my niece has high code fu, and did some playing around with a copy of my save file. Basically converted it to Interloper + medium BRA. That made the scanner spawn in the tower, but there was still no note nor did the Tale trigger. Then I tried a dev command to manually add the note to my inventory, and it triggered. I'm now back home, steam updated my save file here, and I'm comfortably playing Tales on my previous 100+ day Interloper run. I'm just settling into Forlorn Muskeg now. Enjoyable task thus far (other than the hacking).

If my 25 year old niece can make it work, surely Hinterland can, too. 😛

Edited by Kranium

On 4/6/2023 at 1:55 PM, bysinda said:

Yes, this works. 
-t

This is quite unexpected. I too started a Tales run on interloper yesterday after buying the DLC. Starting in Ash Canyon I didn't realize I wasn't playing the DLC til I accessed the forum just now. So what does this mean in terms of map access? Can interlopers still play the new maps without the Tales story or do no Tales mean no new maps?

On 4/6/2023 at 8:23 PM, xanna said:

Yes. I did this, definitely worked for me.

Just so I understand correctly. Do we know if it is possible to play Tales on interlopish custom settings or only on certain settings and can I (know if I) choose settings that will disable the DLC content?

Edited by manolitode

41 minutes ago, manolitode said:

Can interlopers still play the new maps without the Tales story or do no Tales mean no new maps?

What? Of course the maps are there. They were there before Signal Void was released. Weirdly Interloper even includes the radio transmitters themselves and the items to repair them. It's just that the radio receiver, quest and notes associated with it aren't included. So it's kind of a half-assed solution anyways.

Do we know if it is possible to play Tales on interlopish custom settings

There is a mod for it. It's still recommended to use a custom game to get the UI working correctly. Unity is weird like that

https://github.com/Fuar11/SignalVoidInterloper

With vanilla custom mode you can get Interloper weather, but you have to set the base loot to Stalker levels

Edited by Serenity
  • Upvote 1

Maybe someone who's played through this can comment: is part of the reason for the Tales content not being in interloper the fact that the bunkers introduce perfect, warm shelters in a way that makes interloper not as hard?  It seems like it would have been pretty easy to nerf the loot.  Maybe not as easy to make the bunkers themselves less survival-friendly.

I haven't played it yet as I'm (still) hoping the content will be made officially available for interloper players.

13 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Take the loot out and I see no reason why lopers can't play tales. 

Can we please get over this "Interloper = no loot" mindset? It's not true. There is plenty of loot in Interloper. It's just not all in one place. And at the point where you are doing the transmitters and hunt for the bunkers loot isn't an issue anymore. You won't do this is in the first days where you're actually struggling.

The bunkers shouldn't be full of tools and clothing. But adding a bit of food (especially the new corn or ham) wouldn't upset balance at all. Some pieces of firewood would also be thematic.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Serenity said:

Can we please get over this "Interloper = no loot" mindset? It's not true. There is plenty of loot in Interloper. It's just not all in one place. And at the point where you are doing the transmitters and hunt for the bunkers loot isn't an issue anymore. You won't do this is in the first days where you're actually struggling.

The bunkers shouldn't be full of tools and clothing. But adding a bit of food (especially the new corn or ham) wouldn't upset balance at all. Some pieces of firewood would also be thematic.

I was just trying to answer the previous question...    Yes I'm aware there is some loot in loper and even a piece of wood would be appreciated. 

I'm not in any mindset at all!!   

I was just referring to using it as a shelter ,same as the abandoned cache in PV.

Edited by Leeanda
  • Upvote 2