Part 2 Bunker Locations

hozz1235

1 hour ago, Bearimpaler101 said:

I may not have found any of them yet but don't blame me. I have 2 kids to look after.

??  You shouldn't feel embarrassed/insulted - we each have our own lives and choose how to use the time we have.  I admire you for spending time with your family!  My kids are both grown.

• Upvote 3

The bunker near spence it's actually a great addition to the game. It doesn't matter if it's empty, it's a safe and warm place with a bed and you can cure stuff here. Also 12 scrap metal pieces to loot in safety, for the forge.

It's very near the forge/workbench so if someone wants to live long term on FM, now it's more doable. Before the only reasonable 'base' was one of the transition caves.

Im pretty sure the same applies to HRV but ten times better, acting as the only base for the region.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Glacia said:

The bunker near spence it's actually a great addition to the game. It doesn't matter if it's empty, it's a safe and warm place with a bed and you can cure stuff here. Also 12 scrap metal pieces to loot in safety, for the forge.

It's very near the forge/workbench so if someone wants to live long term on FM, now it's more doable. Before the only reasonable 'base' was one of the transition caves.

Im pretty sure the same applies to HRV but ten times better, acting as the only base for the region.

Have you found the bunker in HRV yet?  because the placement of it makes it almost useless for what it offers.  
I suspect the location of this bunker is an inside joke among the developers!  

28 minutes ago, piddy3825 said:

Have you found the bunker in HRV yet?

Not really, but i don't expect it to be in an easy place.

29 minutes ago, piddy3825 said:

because the placement of it makes it almost useless for what it offers.  

If it's not that hard to reach (Being easier to reach than milton trailer), it have a workbench so can serve as a temporary base for certain tasks. You don't need to live in the bunker, just travel to use the workbench sometimes.

Something similar happens with the cannery worker residences, you don't go to the cannery everyday, just one time every various weeks to craft and then go back.

9 minutes ago, Glacia said:

Not really, but i don't expect it to be in an easy place.

If it's not that hard to reach (Being easier to reach than milton trailer), it have a workbench so can serve as a temporary base for certain tasks. You don't need to live in the bunker, just travel to use the workbench sometimes.

Something similar happens with the cannery worker residences, you don't go to the cannery everyday, just one time every various weeks to craft and then go back.

like I said, the location is probably an inside joke amongst the dev team.  It does require some effort to get to it and considering its location, maybe hoofing it to the trailer in MT isn't such a burden after all...

Let me know your thoughts on it once you've had a chance to find it.  I'm curious to your thoughts and reaction when you do.

• Like 1

I have a question, im on a new run and i have found 6 prepper bunkers around the world, all abandoned/empty.

The wiki says 6 bunkers will always be abandoned and the other 3 always fully stocked, ¿But how this work exactly?

It's pure random at world generation or you need to first enter 6 bunkers and then the other 3 could be fully stocked? If it the first case, im just having an atrocious luck.

11 hours ago, Glacia said:

I have a question, im on a new run and i have found 6 prepper bunkers around the world, all abandoned/empty.

The wiki says 6 bunkers will always be abandoned and the other 3 always fully stocked, ¿But how this work exactly?

It's pure random at world generation or you need to first enter 6 bunkers and then the other 3 could be fully stocked? If it the first case, im just having an atrocious luck.

Pure random, you're having quite a strike of bad luck...

For me, Milton's (food & clothings), BI's (tools and food), and FM's (hunting and medics) were stocked, and I didn't even visit CH's, DP's, BlackRock's, TWM's or AC's. The only empty one I visited was PV's, I had quite some luck ^^

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Glacia said:

there's no particular order in which you need to discover the bunkers in order to find a stocked one.   On the other hand, I'm not so sure they are randomly generated as I found the stocked bunkers in the same location on three separate launches making it feel that the locations are in fact static and not random.  I guess it could be the luck of the rng gods to have the same locations on three different games?  I dunno...  

anyways, sounds like you're gonna be golden on the next three bunker finds!

3 hours ago, piddy3825 said:

there's no particular order in which you need to discover the bunkers in order to find a stocked one.   On the other hand, I'm not so sure they are randomly generated as I found the stocked bunkers in the same location on three separate launches making it feel that the locations are in fact static and not random.  I guess it could be the luck of the rng gods to have the same locations on three different games?  I dunno...  

anyways, sounds like you're gonna be golden on the next three bunker finds!

Which 3 were stocked on your 3 runs?

14 hours ago, piddy3825 said:

lemme see, Mystery Lake and Hushed River Valley for sure.  I'm drawing a blank on the third to be honest but I think it might have been in Bleak Inlet?  

Thanks.  I'll check out those 2 on my existing run.  Can you check your 3rd?  

Because it hasn't been addressed yet in this thread (that I saw, I skimmed through it pretty quick) and because I haven't seen another thread discussing it:

If the shortwave radio, when active, is not picking up any signals, is that indicative that I've found all the things in a region? Or could I possibly have to get close to one for it to become active again?

I ask because I'm currently still in the Forsaken Airfield, and I found a cache near the airport. Once I did, the radio could not find any more signals when scanning from that location. I would like to believe that means there's nothing left to find, but I remember watching the video on the update and distinctly seeing how the radio would alert the player that it's picked up a signal and they could then begin homing in on it, while they were in motion. The Forsaken airfield is a HUGE place, with a hell of a lot of ground to cover, and it's dangerous at night. So far I've hung out at the Island Cottage on Drift Island and another cottage at the end of the road, waiting for the Lights to come back so I could power my radio, but even from those locations there was no indication of another signal.

The in-game tooltips explain that each transmitter tower will cover it's home region in entirety and even potentially bleed over into neighbouring regions, so I need to know if my radio is not picking up anything at all, does that mean with absolute certainty that there's nothing left to find? Otherwise if that's not the case, I'm going to go mad with Perfectionists Dedication combing over every inch of a region.

33 minutes ago, GothSkunk said:

Because it hasn't been addressed yet in this thread (that I saw, I skimmed through it pretty quick) and because I haven't seen another thread discussing it:

If the shortwave radio, when active, is not picking up any signals, is that indicative that I've found all the things in a region? Or could I possibly have to get close to one for it to become active again?

I ask because I'm currently still in the Forsaken Airfield, and I found a cache near the airport. Once I did, the radio could not find any more signals when scanning from that location. I would like to believe that means there's nothing left to find, but I remember watching the video on the update and distinctly seeing how the radio would alert the player that it's picked up a signal and they could then begin homing in on it, while they were in motion. The Forsaken airfield is a HUGE place, with a hell of a lot of ground to cover, and it's dangerous at night. So far I've hung out at the Island Cottage on Drift Island and another cottage at the end of the road, waiting for the Lights to come back so I could power my radio, but even from those locations there was no indication of another signal.

The in-game tooltips explain that each transmitter tower will cover it's home region in entirety and even potentially bleed over into neighbouring regions, so I need to know if my radio is not picking up anything at all, does that mean with absolute certainty that there's nothing left to find? Otherwise if that's not the case, I'm going to go mad with Perfectionists Dedication combing over every inch of a region.

I did pick up on the buried cache at the airport (like you) as well as one other location so far.  That location was close to the SE shore of Shoulder Lake (a chopper).  Not sure if the radio would activate if, by chance, you have already cleared it.  From video's titles I've seen (Lithar on YouTube), I believe there should be 4 locations in Forsaken Airfield (at least he has 4 videos with an appropriate title).  I haven't watched them all (just the first one since I was having trouble getting the hit box on that buried cache to show up); so I cannot say where the other 2 signals are audible.  For the chopper one, I did not start picking up the signal until I was off the runway and east of it a little ways.

Edited by UpUpAway95

I’ve currently completed all signal void tasks except for finding the Bleak Inlet SV bunker.  For whatever reason, I get no bunker signal at all in this region.  Haven’t seen any cache signal either.  Seriously wondering if it’s bugged.  Anyone find this one? 

@GothSkunk, I started this thread with non-SV bunkers in mind, but I'm happy to answer your question about SV Caches. 

Yes, the SW will "beep" when in proximity to an unfound cache during an aurora even if you don't have it in your hand.

Here is the number of caches I've found in each region:

•    FA - 4
•    FM - 3
•    MT - 2
•    ML - 3
•    BI - 2
•    PV - 3
•    HRV - 3
•    BRR - 1 (found with blue signal)