Part 2 Bunker Locations

hozz1235

So the sandbox is called Bunker Hunter now.

There was nothing in the PV Bunker...

But the TWM and Ash Canyon Bunkers were fully stocked!

That leaves one fully stocked one to go...and I quit my recording in the Blackrock Prepper Cache with no light....going back into it soon.

I love making user challenges and I have tons in my head involving the Prepper Caches.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Moosemaster said:

So can I find the bunkers before I pick up their signal? If I was to waltz onto where the bunkers are supposed to be before repairing the nearby station will I find it?

Keep in mind there are SV (Signal Void) bunkers (which are static) and non-SV bunkers, which are somewhat randomized.

I did find the SV PV bunker without the shortwave.  Got lucky, I guess.

1 hour ago, RossBondReturns said:

So the sandbox is called Bunker Hunter now.

There was nothing in the PV Bunker...

But the TWM and Ash Canyon Bunkers were fully stocked!

That leaves one fully stocked one to go...and I quit my recording in the Blackrock Prepper Cache with no light....going back into it soon.

I love making user challenges and I have tons in my head involving the Prepper Caches.

I found the bunker in HRV and it looked fairly well stocked to me.  Randomization gods working overtime, eh?

So correct me if I'm wrong, but only 9 regional bunkers can be found.  So far the list of available bunkers looks like the following locations, in no particular order:

Mystery Lake
Forlorn Muskeg
Timberwolf Mountain
Mountain Town
Bleak Inlet
Hushed River Valley
Ash Canyon
Pleasent Valley
BlackRock Region

not including the bunkers from the Signal Void quest

Just now, piddy3825 said:

So correct me if I'm wrong, but only 9 regional bunkers can be found.  So far the list of available bunkers looks like the following locations, in no particular order:

Mystery Lake
Forlorn Muskeg
Timberwolf Mountain
Mountain Town
Bleak Inlet
Hushed River Valley
Ash Canyon
Pleasent Valley
BlackRock Region

not including the bunkers from the Signal Void quest

That list is accurate.

It's just a matter of finding them now. I have only 3 that I haven't found...haven't made it to them in my current searching sandbox.

I've found others outside of this sandbox (ML,FM,MT)

So far in this sandbox: (PV,TWM,AC,Blackrock) so far.

So I only technically have to find HRV,B.I. And the mystery will be gone and I'll know them all.

I'd like to modify your specifications : those non-SV hatches are not always close to a bear spawn BUT if it's not the case then you have to pass by a bear spawn!
HRV might be the exception to this point as...

you can walk to the cave by first goating down next to the rope up to the Southern Mysterious Fire Signal. But if you don't, then you have 2 ways to go there and both pass in front of the southern bear spawn.

In MT, you have to pass in front of its den, but the hatch direct surroundings are very safe ;)

On 4/2/2023 at 1:24 AM, hozz1235 said:

MT

Hide contents

-wP8b4U6n-bG65eWKD8Itr2ISAtPKe4UlrfVAmDgikY9wD4xYkYMtICGH5OSm1VRkPJclQyfrYV8BXFp6SUQce_mOwwDtyNyB8vPNKkHvYw6kJZczMoySFGZBLpD3AbNgAaQoyfBRDNISzfWDYttyO8

Empty [\spoiler]

Where exactly did you find the cache?  I looked all over the bridge area and later found it somewhere else.   Yes I did cheat a bit but that's because I don't like Milton.

4 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Where exactly did you find the cache?  I looked all over the bridge area and later found it somewhere else.   Yes I did cheat a bit but that's because I don't like Milton.

If you continue walking across the bridge towards the landslide, just before you get there, on the right side of the roadway you'll notice a nice little inclined that looks like a pathway.  Continue up that pathway and you'll eventually run into a cave which is actually a transition tunnel which basically leads to the higher ground near the airplane crash site.  there you will find the hatch.  It's easy then to just walk down the side, not so easy to get up there, but easy to walk down and you'll basically end up near the transmitter tower.

4 minutes ago, piddy3825 said:

If you continue walking across the bridge towards the landslide, just before you get there, on the right side of the roadway you'll notice a nice little inclined that looks like a pathway.  Continue up that pathway and you'll eventually run into a cave which is actually a transition tunnel which basically leads to the higher ground near the airplane crash site.  there you will find the hatch.  It's easy then to just walk down the side, not so easy to get up there, but easy to walk down and you'll basically end up near the transmitter tower.

Thanks... I did find it at the other end of the cave. So much loot!!!! Everything and the kitchen sink😁

I thought looking at hozzs map it was near the bridge itself though.. spent an hour scaring the bear from one side to the other😊

8 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Thanks... I did find it at the other end of the cave. So much loot!!!! Everything and the kitchen sink😁

I thought looking at hozzs map it was near the bridge itself though.. spent an hour scaring the bear from one side to the other😊

Glad you found it.  Had you ever been to the plane crash?

9 minutes ago, hozz1235 said:

Glad you found it.  Had you ever been to the plane crash?

Thanks.. I always go up there to check for the Polaroid and (was) possible revolver spawn .

I'm not a fan of Milton so usually just do one very thorough search and don't go back unless I really have to.. 

4 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Thanks.. I always go up there to check for the Polaroid and (was) possible revolver spawn .

I'm not a fan of Milton so usually just do one very thorough search and don't go back unless I really have to.. 

I actually found the Flight Jacket at the plane crash ravine.

4 hours ago, RossBondReturns said:

I have found every cache now.

Also some folks who know how to do stuff might be making something to make Bunker Spawns random again.

random in what way?   are you able to elaborate on that?  hypothetically speaking of course.

1 minute ago, piddy3825 said:

random in what way?   are you able to elaborate on that?  hypothetically speaking of course.

random in where they would spawn...like the original bunkers.

For instance, the old ML Bunker could spawn in one 0f 8-9 places. So you had to look all over the map because you'd never know which bunker had spawned.

The bunkers were themed: The best ones were the Clothing and Weapons Bunkers.

The worst were the Firewood and Medical Bunkers.

So when I went looking for the New Bunker in ML I chose to look first at the Loathed Medical Bunker spot (but I did it without using the rope to save time) There are two on foot paths up to the bunker even today. And of course Hinterland being Hinterland I was right and they had chosen to place it near to where the Medical Bunker would use to spawn.

So some fine folks are looking to add multiple spawn points in each region for each bunker since right now they're static and if you've found one or more well you know where they'll be in your next run.

Currently the only things random about these bunkers....is which 3 of the 9 will be fully stocked.

12 hours ago, RossBondReturns said:

random in where they would spawn...like the original bunkers.

For instance, the old ML Bunker could spawn in one 0f 8-9 places. So you had to look all over the map because you'd never know which bunker had spawned.

The bunkers were themed: The best ones were the Clothing and Weapons Bunkers.

The worst were the Firewood and Medical Bunkers.

So when I went looking for the New Bunker in ML I chose to look first at the Loathed Medical Bunker spot (but I did it without using the rope to save time) There are two on foot paths up to the bunker even today. And of course Hinterland being Hinterland I was right and they had chosen to place it near to where the Medical Bunker would use to spawn.

So some fine folks are looking to add multiple spawn points in each region for each bunker since right now they're static and if you've found one or more well you know where they'll be in your next run.

Currently the only things random about these bunkers....is which 3 of the 9 will be fully stocked.

oh heck yeah!  I'd be down for that!

Frankly, I have mixed feelings about the whole bunker redux thing.  On the one hand, I love the signal void bunker quest, but I hate the fact that there are now bunkers to be found in HRV and TWM.  Then there is the relative all or nothing feel to the these new bunkers.  either you get the nicely stocked one or you get nothing more than a hole in the ground with an old mattress and some cardboard boxes.  I can see that there should be a significant difference between the "government built" signal void bunkers and the "prepper caches," but I was hoping Hinterland would have retained the old formula ie. medical/weapons/clothing/food and tool bunkers.  At least that's what made it fun for me to go look for them.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, piddy3825 said:

oh heck yeah!  I'd be down for that!

Frankly, I have mixed feelings about the whole bunker redux thing.  On the one hand, I love the signal void bunker quest, but I hate the fact that there are now bunkers to be found in HRV and TWM.  Then there is the relative all or nothing feel to the these new bunkers.  either you get the nicely stocked one or you get nothing more than a hole in the ground with an old mattress and some cardboard boxes.  I can see that there should be a significant difference between the "government built" signal void bunkers and the "prepper caches," but I was hoping Hinterland would have retained the old formula ie. medical/weapons/clothing/food and tool bunkers.  At least that's what made it fun for me to go look for them.  

Well, on the one hand, there used to be 3 bunkers (ML, PV, BR) and there are still 3 full ones and 6 empty ones.  So, if you want to find the 3 full ones, you may have to find all 9, but...the locations are static now so you're no longer having to search for them like we used to.  So, I see some give and take, but for the most part, equal to old way.

Now, just imagine all 9 being randomized in 8-9 possible locations in 9 zones!!  That would take longer, but would also encourage you to explore the zone...

Edited by hozz1235