Part 2 Bunker Locations

hozz1235

Interesting - I'd already found the same ML bunker last night. Things are clearly pretty random, then, because the shape of my bunker was a standard rectangle. Also very reasonably stocked on voyager - not "wow" like in the video above, but certainly well worth a visit. 😁

7 hours ago, hozz1235 said:

If you found yours in the same spot as mine, when you climbed into the bunker, did you appear at the other end of the room (vs at the bottom of the ladder)?  I did.

I do vaguely remember thinking 'what the heck ,how did that happen!!'..😁 

Found a stocked one in PV.   Looked like it'd been hit by a bomb....kind of defeats the purpose of a shelter😄 some very good loot too!

Edited by Leeanda

1 hour ago, Leeanda said:

I do vaguely remember thinking 'what the heck ,how did that happen!!'..😁 

Found a stocked one in PV.   Looked like it'd been hit by a bomb....kind of defeats the purpose of a shelter😄 some very good loot too!

Not the one by the Transition to TWM?

If not where exactly- I have a Pilgrim player doing a Prepper Hatch search in PV right now.

33 minutes ago, RossBondReturns said:

Not the one by the Transition to TWM?

If not where exactly- I have a Pilgrim player doing a Prepper Hatch search in PV right now.

Tucked in round the back of the crash site cave area.   . Literally!   It took a lot of scaling steep hills from the three strikes and I nearly missed it. I had to pretty much hug the cliff edge .      Hope hat helps.

15 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Tucked in round the back of the crash site cave area.   . Literally!   It took a lot of scaling steep hills from the three strikes and I nearly missed it. I had to pretty much hug the cliff edge .      Hope hat helps.

Hah...that's exactly where I thought they would put it. I'll head that way in the morning.
From the hatch near TWM...I'll head towards 3 Strikes and...wait do you mean literally right behind the PV plane crash....because there's a way to mountain goat right outta there.

No it's behind that cave.. if you follow the right side from the cache it brings you out next to the large fallen tree,from there the cave is on the left. 

It might be possible to glitch or shimmy up those rocks from the cave side ,but I didn't try long enough to see if you can. 

4 hours ago, Leeanda said:

Spoiler tags, please!

11 hours ago, RossBondReturns said:

Editing together a video for my youtube channel of getting to the ML Bunker without a rope...and finding it empty on Pilgrim and Voyageur....but on Stalker.

Just remember, each run, the bunkers (and which ones are full/empty) are randomized so I'm guessing it's not based upon your difficulty.

1 hour ago, hozz1235 said:

Just remember, each run, the bunkers (and which ones are full/empty) are randomized so I'm guessing it's not based upon your difficulty.

The bunker positions do not change though.
No more 9 possible bunker spots in a region....only one.

So the ones found in this thread...that's the only position for that regions bunker.

Which is not as dynamic, but the randomness of location had to be removed due to the randomness of the shape of the Prepper Caches.

I've noticed something about potential Potential Prepper hatch locations base on those we have already found.

• First, all the hatches found seem to be close to a cave.
  • Second, prepper hatches we have found that are in regions that had caches before, seem to be within a few hundred yards of the least liked/visited prepper hatch in the region before the update.
  • Thirdly, all have been in parts of the map that are both difficult to get to...AND have potential Bear Spawns nearby.

I have no idea if that was intentional on Hinterland's part but so far...each Hatch we have found including those in brand new regions tick at least two of those boxes.

• Upvote 1

okay, so let me get this straight.

all bunkers interiors can be randomized but their locations in the regions are static.    
randomization of the interior is not contingent on difficulty level.
caches are also found relatively nearby a cave. 

so has anyone yet identified the 9 regions?  I really don't wanna waste time looking for something that's not there.  you know?

I did watch @RossBondReturns video and I gotta say the well stocked bunker looks pretty damn well stocked!

7 minutes ago, RossBondReturns said:

I know that's sarcasm...but I'll answer anyway.

Also, I'm British so I think everything is intentional. Oh and I'm sarcastic.

I really do think it's intentional.

Seriously.

I mean it.

Not so much sarcastic as mischievous...  😊.    I did notice the same as you, even though I've only found two so far.  . 

I never mean to insult or upset anyone..  apologies if I did. 

I take it you found the pv one?

Edited by Leeanda

Just now, piddy3825 said:

okay, so let me get this straight.

all bunkers interiors can be randomized but their locations in the regions are static.    
randomization of the interior is not contingent on difficulty level.
caches are also found relatively nearby a cave. 

so has anyone yet identified the 9 regions?  I really don't wanna waste time looking for something that's not there.  you know?

I did watch @RossBondReturns video and I gotta say the well stocked bunker looks pretty damn well stocked!

Pretty much seems to be the case.

I'm planning to lock in on two more that have been mentioned in spoiler warning in this thread and they both fit being near a cave...and a couple of my other things of note.

If that 3 part list holds true it's a matter of going to other regions and finding similar potential locations and seeing if there's a hatch there.

13 minutes ago, RossBondReturns said:

Pretty much seems to be the case.

I'm planning to lock in on two more that have been mentioned in spoiler warning in this thread and they both fit being near a cave...and a couple of my other things of note.

If that 3 part list holds true it's a matter of going to other regions and finding similar potential locations and seeing if there's a hatch there.

thanks for the heads up.  I enjoyed your video by the way!

one more question, 

does mapping an area reveal a prepper cache if it is in the area that I sketch?  or does it only show up on the map after I find it?

and btw, if you want to see all the locations but not the interiors check out L95pj2aVy1Amf3qJvFE2FaZmfFz_QjouzY-SZRiW b1g f1s4 on youtube

Edited by piddy3825
spelling

14 minutes ago, piddy3825 said:

one more question, 

does mapping an area reveal a prepper cache if it is in the area that I sketch?  or does it only show up on the map after I find it?

and btw, if you want to see all the locations but not the interiors check out L95pj2aVy1Amf3qJvFE2FaZmfFz_QjouzY-SZRiW b1g f1s4 on youtube

Mapping does generally reveal Prepper Caches...I just prefer climbing and goating etc.