Bunker Spawns Disabled

Found this on Reddit...

Hinterland Support 5 (Hinterland Studio)

Dec 7, 2022, 18:16 PST

Hi there Pavel,

Thanks for reaching out to us. At this time almost all Prepper Caches are disabled in game by design. We'll be re-enabling them once again in the near future. I hope this clarifies why they're missing!

Kind regards,

Hinterland Support

I'm just curious why this was necessary?  Something to do with loot rebalancing?  Shoulda been in the release notes if you ask me.

oh well, here's to hoping they get re-enabled sooner than later, am I right?  I'm kinda miffed about reading this news...  

• Upvote 1

I'm getting more "miffed" by the day Piddy... but thank you for highlighting this 

Edit - this is typical of how Hinterland have become, they never answer a question properly or provide proper information.

"I hope this clarifies why they're missing".... err well no actually, you haven't told us the *actual reason* for them being disabled!

Edited by Sgt Socks
  • Upvote 4

Glad I haven't spent any "wasted" time looking for them yet.  <sigh>, why aren't these things announced?

In a way, I think console players are fortunate here - hopefully most of these things will be worked out by the time they get the update.

Edited by hozz1235

24 minutes ago, Sgt Socks said:

I'm getting more "miffed" by the day Piddy... but thank you for highlighting this 

Edit - this is typical of how Hinterland have become, they never answer a question properly or provide proper information.

"I hope this clarifies why they're missing".... err well no actually, you haven't told us the *actual reason* for them being disabled!

lol, the face on your avatar seems to sum up your feelings!  got that look of slow smoldering resentment...  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, hozz1235 said:

Glad I haven't spent any "wasted" time looking for them yet.  <sigh>, why aren't these things announced?

In a way, I think console players are fortunate here - hopefully most of these things will be worked out by the time they get the update.

trust me, I "wasted" all that time for you so you didn't have too.  you know I like finding a bunker, felt kinda betrayed that they would take a staple item like that outta the game without telling the players.  I'd really like to know the reasoning behind that decision.  I'm guessing it had something to with the loot table re-balancing and they couldn't work the kinks out, at least not yet.

• Upvote 2

Oh my dears. Why be worked up about missing bunkers? Run along to the new region. You will not be disappointed. Well, you will be cold. Very cold. Extremely cold! Probably you will die. But it's all good. The bunkers will come back in a hotfix that are coming very fast like the old days. Hinterland has changed gears and maybe causing FUD among users. Do you know what FUD is?

Fear, Uncertainty, Doubt. It occurs when any change happens. Humans don't like change unless they are in control of it. Like going on vacation as opposed to a sudden interest rate hike. I am sure that HL is well aware of the FUD effect that only lasts a few days, so they don't spend much effort to accommodate it. 

I am not a fanboy but I have learned to trust HL that they have a desire to deliver the finest quality experience to their players. This is 4400+ hours talking.

• Upvote 1

Why be worked up about missing bunkers? Because some people just wasted hours looking for one. It's a simple thing that should have been in the release notes.

That said, I wouldn't say I'm "worked up" over it. Not any more than anyone else would be worked up over other people being worked up, I guess.

Anywhoo, thanks for the heads-up, piddy. Didn't want to die again in another futile search. Glad I checked in.

Edited by Kranium
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Sgt Socks said:

We apologize for the confusion. 

Sometimes, decisions are made to support overall development goals. At this point, we do plan to bring them back soon, but we don't have an exact date at this time.

48 minutes ago, Kranium said:

Why be worked up about missing bunkers? Because some people just wasted hours looking for one. It's a simple thing that should have been in the release notes.

That said, I wouldn't say I'm "worked up" over it. Not any more than anyone else would be worked up over other people being worked up, I guess.

Anywhoo, thanks for the heads-up, piddy. Didn't want to die again in another futile search. Glad I checked in.

appreciate the sentiment.  I'm not "worked" up over it either, just a bit irritated, cause like you said,  

"It's a simple thing that should have been in the release notes."   I guess Sito fails to see that...

3 hours ago, Admin said:

Sometimes, decisions are made to support overall development goals. At this point, we do plan to bring them back soon, but we don't have an exact date at this time.

There should have been a list of patch notes at launch. Period. SO many complaints across social media, forums, and Steam reviews have stemmed from the complete lack of written communication over 1) what is included in the first drop of the expansion pass; 2) what changes have been made to Survival mode. It's a real shame because usually the studio is so so excellent at communicating!

Raph said on Twitter that there were over a 1,000 small tweaks made during the restructure and therefore it was impossible to have a change list, but I disagree. Hinterland should have found a way to summarise the major changes, list the expansion contents, and hint at the smaller changes. Releasing a video on TFTF is not enough.

• Upvote 9

5 hours ago, piddy3825 said:

appreciate the sentiment.  I'm not "worked" up over it either, just a bit irritated, cause like you said,  

"It's a simple thing that should have been in the release notes."   I guess Sito fails to see that...

Sito is a software developer that has to release major updates to clients who are never happy with the 99 new features but focus on the 1 that does not meet their expectations.

From Hinterland...

Sorry that I did not mention that I had to disable that function to make the other 99 work. I  was too busy trying to get the release out that I failed to mention it. Some employee didn't add it to the release notes.  He is fired!  

Is that what you want? Grow up Piddy. I respect you but this is not right.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Admin said:

Some of us understand. some dont and never will. Keep doing what you do Raph and Katie. You have made an awesome work of art. I suppose even the complainers complain because they love the game otherwise they would just leave and we would not hear from them ever again.

2 hours ago, Sito said:

Sito is a software developer that has to release major updates to clients who are never happy with the 99 new features but focus on the 1 that does not meet their expectations.

From Hinterland...

Sorry that I did not mention that I had to disable that function to make the other 99 work. I  was too busy trying to get the release out that I failed to mention it. Some employee didn't add it to the release notes.  He is fired!  

Is that what you want? Grow up Piddy. I respect you but this is not right.

I believe the point Piddy and others were trying to make is the apparent lack of transparency which has been increasingly consistant. You can't just say that something is disabled after the fact and blame it on a "update list being too long". What else are they going to hide in this way? This has me worry a lot for a company I used to trust a fair bit. For a team that says they don't have a 'time crunch' it certainly sounds and looks like that was the case here, especially by the way you worded it.

Piddy doesn't need to grow up. You do.

• Upvote 1

Well, this saved me from starting a new post, asking if the bunkers are missing :D

It's not a big deal though, I have already a hard time keeping myself below 40kg on my current Stalker run and I desperately need the technical backpack to be able to carry 45kg up a rope while well fed. So in a sense, also because bunkers were never a thing on Interloper, I am glad I don't have to go searching for them. I'd been nice though if this would've been communicated properly.

• Upvote 2

Can we get some idea about whether the bunkers will spawn into an existing world once they're reintroduced, or whether a world created in the time while bunker spawns are disabled will then be forever without those bunkers? I understand if this cannot be definitively answered at this time, but if it can, that would be much appreciated.

Guys, please relax a little. Everyone here is able to provide criticism as much as people are able to provide praise. We all love or at least feel patinate about Hinterland and TLD, otherwise we wouldn't be here. Criticism is important for a game, and any sort of work of art really. If people have problems with TLD, or Hinterland, this is the most ideal place to do so. If people wish to send kind words, and praise towards TLD and Hinterland, yet again, this is the ideal place to do so. There's no need for both sides to step on each others toes, because at the end of the day, both sides want the same thing, the best game possible, and the best game company possible.

My personal view on the whole bunker situation is I find it a bit disappointing that they needed to be disabled, but I'm not losing sleep over it. There could be a perfectly valid reason as to why they needed, or at least be better off being disabled for the time being. I'm also a bit disappointed that no mention of them being disabled was made in patch notes or elsewhere. I'm not a game dev, I'm a baker, so I'm not going to be able to provide any concert reasoning as to why they needed to be disabled, all I can do is make wild guesses, which my first post here was, a wild guess. If Hinterlands ever decides to start selling bread, and pastries, then you better believe that I will be here to provide able feedback, but until then, wild guesses is all I have.

Okay that's it, please no more hostility. You're all better than that.

• Upvote 4

Just now, stapeliad said:

I like the bunkers and hope they come back soo,, but they have never been a guaranteed spawn. It's a happy surprise to find one but they aren't essential for survival.
Aren't they only in ML and PV anyhow?

And BlackRock. Not that I can ever find that one.🙂

2 hours ago, stapeliad said:

I like the bunkers and hope they come back soon, but they have never been a guaranteed spawn. It's a happy surprise to find one but they aren't essential for survival.
Aren't they only in ML and PV anyhow?

Well, actually the prepper cache spawns in ML, PV and the recently added cache in BlackRock were all guaranteed bunker spawns.  Random location, yes but also guaranteed and without failure.  The ML and PV bunkers have been in the game since inception and have been an intregal part of the survival sandbox experience for thousands of players over the years and many players applauded the addition of the third bunker when BlackRock region was added to the game.  The ML bunker also holds a place in story mode in the quests in Episode 2, so yeah, just dropping them without notice is kinda a big deal.  

I think Hinterland could use a passionate player or two with a background in public relations working closely with the dev team when it comes to communicating fundamental changes and revisions to the players/customers who buy their products...

• Upvote 3

34 minutes ago, piddy3825 said:

Well, actually the prepper cache spawns in ML, PV and the recently added cache in BlackRock were all guaranteed bunker spawns.  Random location, yes but also guaranteed and without failure.  The ML and PV bunkers have been in the game since inception and have been an intregal part of the survival sandbox experience for thousands of players over the years and many players applauded the addition of the third bunker when BlackRock region was added to the game.  The ML bunker also holds a place in story mode in the quests in Episode 2, so yeah, just dropping them without notice is kinda a big deal.  

I think Hinterland could use a passionate player or two with a background in public relations working closely with the dev team when it comes to communicating fundamental changes and revisions to the players/customers who buy their products...

You spring to mind😊.  

I like spraining everything looking for the caches...  I hope they bring them back soon.

• Like 2