Paradise Meadow's key missing?

Old Hermit

On 2/9/2022 at 6:59 AM, Hawk said:

The mention of the Unity update does help explain why it's taking so long on this latest hotfix.

It would be nice if they would also announce this stuff in their own, official forums.

On 2/9/2022 at 7:44 AM, Polynomial-C said:

Indeed. I wonder why they neglect their own communication infrastructure that much.

Thanks for reaching out. We originally responded to this thread on January 19th, and also cross-posted the Twitter announcement to the Technical Discussions section on the forum: 

As mentioned on Twitter, Unity updates require us to retest the whole game to ensure that fixing one thing doesn't break something else. Furthermore, the Paradise Meadows key bug is only in Survival Mode, and only appears in specific circumstances. It is certainly a priority, but thankfully not a significant blocker. We are hoping to have a fix to share in the coming weeks.

We do our best to read every post on the forums, socials, and other communications channels, and we absolutely value the input of our community, though not every post requires a response. Our community also does an excellent job helping one another, though we are always happy to investigate technical issues or address answers to more complex questions.  If you find you aren't getting a response to an urgent inquiry, you are welcome to send us a quick message, or @ mention us for a speedier response in appropriate circumstances. 

Thanks for your patience and your understanding. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, turtle777 said:

Yes, the issue is mostly on Interloper.

Some crucial spawns (storm lantern, heavy hammer, mag lease) are in the farm house. Not being able to get to these could make or break a game.

-t

That sort of implies that it occurs more frequently on Loper - not the case.  The bug occurs on all difficulties... it's just that Lopers rely on getting into that specific building more because the rare loot doesn't occur randomly as frequently in the world due to differences in loot-related settings.

Perhaps it's evenly distributed, but in this thread, all reported instances of Interloper had the issue, and multiple people playing other difficulties repeatedly reported not having the issue. It's of course not a perfect sample size.

In reality, it's "an issue mostly FOR Interloper players", regardless of whether it effects it more, or the severity of when it appears making things worse.

-t

Edited by turtle777

11 hours ago, turtle777 said:

Perhaps it's evenly distributed, but in this thread, all reported instances of Interloper had the issue, and multiple people playing other difficulties repeatedly reported not having the issue. It's of course not a perfect sample size.

In reality, it's "an issue mostly FOR Interloper players", regardless of whether it effects it more, or the severity of when it appears making things worse.

-t

What I'm saying is I ran tests on several different settings related to difficulty, respawn rates, etc. and found that, specifically, the Paradise Meadows corpse would 1) be present IF I a) did not spawn indoors inside Mountain Region AND b) if I did not go inside prior to going to the farmhouse.  In all cases, the corpse would despawn immediately upon my going inside.  The corpse will also despawn right before the player's eyes if the player passes time to create a save point and then reloads the save.  This occurs regardless of setting.  In addition, some of the other corpses in the zone will also despawn in the player goes inside and some of the others will not.  I determined this by going around the zone before going inside and locating other corpses.  After coming back outside, some (not all) of those corpses were missing. 

If the player spawns indoors (which is not something allowed in Loper), the corpse at the Pleasant Valley Farmhouse (and several other random ones in the zone) do not appear to spawn at all.  This particular situation was also noted in Broken Railroad where a corpse with a knife beside it is a guaranteed spawn in 1 of 3 possible locations on stalker and lower difficulties.  This corpse failed to spawn on all tests where I spawned inside and the knife was found just lying in the snow by itself.  The corpse (and backpack) never failed to spawn on tests where I spawned outdoors and did not go inside before going to those 3 known locations.

I've never said it's not a problem in Loper, but the nature of the bug is not related to a specific difficulty setting.  The bug is repeat-able and you're welcome to run your own tests if you wish.

I have also noted corpses disappearing in Broken Railroad, Ash Canyon, HRV, Pleasant Valley and Blackrock.  Also, on my "play along" of the All Your Bases Tournament, the corpse inside the camp office in Mystery Lake despawned after I left the zone and returned about a week later.  That tournament is being run on a custom pilgrim setting with variable player condition recovery across all divisions (information is available online).

Edited by UpUpAway95

On 2/16/2022 at 10:58 PM, UpUpAway95 said:

I have also noted corpses disappearing in Broken Railroad, Ash Canyon, HRV, Pleasant Valley and Blackrock.  ...

As posted on another thread -- I've encountered a disappearing corpse in Desolation Point, on a ledge just below Lighthouse.

3 hours ago, twyn1 said:

As posted on another thread -- I've encountered a disappearing corpse in Desolation Point, on a ledge just below Lighthouse.

No doubt.  It's probably occurring in all regions.  It's a mystery why it affects some corpses but not all of them.  There was one theory that it had to do with the new model corpses vs. the old ones; but, for example, the Paradise Meadows corpse is a new model one (more colorful clothing) and the DP one you've noted going missing is an old model one.  So that theory doesn't seem to work now either.

Another theory was the indoor spawn one, but... One indoor spawn in Mountain Town results in there being absolutely no corpses on the map (and I carefully searched the entire map) and the next results in my finding three of them almost immediately.  One indoor pilgrim start in PV will produce 0 corpses at the plane crash and the next will have 2 or 3 and then outdoor spawns will have 15 or so until I go inside Skeeter's basement... and then they all instantly disappear.  It's just bizarre.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to join the wagon of players who is missing a farmhouse key.

The key is missing in the archivist challenge and on custom Loper.

I also had deer carcasses going poof without messing with them prior.

Edited by tulkawen

5 hours ago, tulkawen said:

I'm going to join the wagon of players who is missing a farmhouse key.

The key is missing in the archivist challenge and on custom Loper.

I also had deer carcasses going poof without messing with them prior.

The carcasses disappear whether you touch them or not after about three days. I just take the meat and drop it for future use.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Smiley_Beat said:

Hey guys, I just started a new Interloper, I've spawn to the Desolation Point and I already found 5 matchboxes before to leave the region and go to the Coastal Highway, this is normal? It never happens to me before 😅

I highly doubt it but I'd make the most of it before the bug fix😁

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Nicolas said:

Oh Im having the same issue, was crazy looking for it lol, its time to give this run some rest and go for the Carthographer achievement :)

Did you also find more foods? Like crackers and bars in cars when usually, I find rarely something to eat 😅

17 hours ago, Kain said:

this is still bugged, bummer.

I'd noticed that too in my voyager run earlier. Really annoying and hope it gets fixed soon. Nearly ended up dead because I thought the key would be somewhere. It wasn't, and a blizzard rolled in. Fortunately I found a windproof area and lit a fire until the blizzard went away, but things like that would be even more dangerous on higher difficulties

On 3/21/2022 at 6:08 AM, Catlover said:

I'd noticed that too in my voyager run earlier. Really annoying and hope it gets fixed soon. Nearly ended up dead because I thought the key would be somewhere. It wasn't, and a blizzard rolled in. Fortunately I found a windproof area and lit a fire until the blizzard went away, but things like that would be even more dangerous on higher difficulties

We continue to work on the upcoming Hotfix, and hope to have a release date soon. Thank you for your patience. 

• Upvote 3

Thanks for the Update -- have never seen this problem until today, started a new run & spawned inside the big house (Grey Mother's) in Mountain Town. 

Went to the farm & no key in truck or tractor, no corpse either in barn or behind house.  I even checked the snowy areas under where the corpse would be, thinking maybe the key "dropped" but nothing.

Pilgrim setting on X-Box