Paradise Meadow's key missing?

Old Hermit

1 hour ago, Leeanda said:

No offence but it's not hard to leave the house alone  until the fix is done properly  is it?  Plus they might not be able to do a temporary job for some reason. 

For IL players, it's a huge hassle.

And no, it's not plausible that a fix is impossible. This shouldn't be rocket science, just a matter of wanting it done. It's just not a priority to them. Just like their merch store, which they claim is not "safe" to operate due to Covid. LOL.

-t

7 minutes ago, turtle777 said:

For IL players, it's a huge hassle.

And no, it's not plausible that a fix is impossible. This shouldn't be rocket science, just a matter of wanting it done. It's just not a priority to them. Just like their merch store, which they claim is not "safe" to operate due to Covid. LOL.

-t

I'm presuming it's not just about the key though, there are corpses disappearing too which might be part of the same problem. That would explain why only some people can't get the key and others can. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

I'm presuming it's not just about the key though, there are corpses disappearing too which might be part of the same problem. That would explain why only some people can't get the key and others can. 

Look, I'm not disputing that the ISSUE itself is complex. I'm just saying that a temporary band-aid fix can be very SIMPLE.

Set

paradise_meadows_door = unlocked

at the start of each game.

-t

22 minutes ago, turtle777 said:

Look, I'm not disputing that the ISSUE itself is complex. I'm just saying that a temporary band-aid fix can be very SIMPLE.

Set

-t

I see.  I did always wonder why it's still locked on survival or why we can'tt use the prybar to open it though?

• Upvote 1

Guest jeffpeng
7 hours ago, turtle777 said:

Set

-t

Well that would work for new games. It wouldn't for existing games. If they just patched it for all games the unintended consequence would be that the door is now open in all games that ran under this version of the game. I guess this wouldn't be the worst thing to happen (as, frankly, I don't really get why the door is locked in the first place) but it's something to keep in mind.

However .... all of this assumes that there even is a working branch of the game, most preferably the last release version, which can be hotfixed like that. Anything else would have to go through validation before releasing it, which would be too costly to justify.

I mean these things look obvious, and in many cases they are, but I wouldn't want to assume that it's that simple without in-depth knowledge of how these processes work at Hinterland.

Although I guess that this being one of the smaller fish to fry being part of the equation is also true.

On 2/7/2022 at 5:39 AM, peteloud said:

I have no idea at all what you mean.

What does the verb meme mean?

On 2/7/2022 at 7:27 AM, Leeanda said:

Had to look it up myself! 🙂 

An image or text - mainly humourous, that spreads rapidly on the internet. 

Really? I thought it was an universal thing by this point. I'm really surprised.

For the benefit of those who don't look at twitter:

Raphael van Lierop (He/Him) (@RaphLife) / Twitter

'Players: If you have been impacted by the Paradise Meadows Key bug in WINTERMUTE Episode One, help is on the way. It will be fixed in our next hotfix. (ETA is TBD at the moment, however, as the team also had to do a Unity update which means the whole game needs to be retested.)

Hoping to get the hotfix out sometime in the next 2-3 weeks. Check with @HinterlandGames or @IntoTheLongDark for status updates. #thelongdark #damnkeys'

1 hour ago, Valuable Hunting Knife said:

For the benefit of those who don't look at twitter:

Raphael van Lierop (He/Him) (@RaphLife) / Twitter

'Players: If you have been impacted by the Paradise Meadows Key bug in WINTERMUTE Episode One, help is on the way. It will be fixed in our next hotfix. (ETA is TBD at the moment, however, as the team also had to do a Unity update which means the whole game needs to be retested.)

Hoping to get the hotfix out sometime in the next 2-3 weeks. Check with @HinterlandGames or @IntoTheLongDark for status updates. #thelongdark #damnkeys'

Thanks for posting that. This is the only way I get news from them.  Maybe they could've said that on here though.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Leeanda said:

Thanks for posting that. This is the only way I get news from them.  Maybe they could've said that on here though.

just noticed a bit more info on the main TLD twitter page:

'@IntoTheLongDark

Survivors, we are working on a number of known issues in Survival Mode for the next hotfix (date TBD):

- Missing key in Paradise Meadows (Certain circumstances)

- Drowning near water below Blackrock power plant

- Carcasses decay rates (Ongoing)

- Save issues on PS4/XBox Thanks!'

15 minutes ago, Valuable Hunting Knife said:

just noticed a bit more info on the main TLD twitter page:

'@IntoTheLongDark

Survivors, we are working on a number of known issues in Survival Mode for the next hotfix (date TBD):

- Missing key in Paradise Meadows (Certain circumstances)

- Drowning near water below Blackrock power plant

- Carcasses decay rates (Ongoing)

- Save issues on PS4/XBox Thanks!'

Thanks .  Much appreciated. Let's hope it's not going to take too long or we might have a mutiny on  the forum.

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Hawk said:

The mention of the Unity update does help explain why it's taking so long on this latest hotfix.

It would be nice if they would also announce this stuff in their own, official forums.

Indeed. I wonder why they neglect their own communication infrastructure that much.

On 2/9/2022 at 10:44 AM, Polynomial-C said:

Indeed. I wonder why they neglect their own communication infrastructure that much.

It's always been like that. You would never hear from them in a timely manner on the forums, Twitter seems to be their medium of choice. Doesn't make any sense. 

-t

17 hours ago, turtle777 said:

It's always been like that. You would never hear from them in a timely manner on the forums, Twitter seems to be their medium of choice. Doesn't make any sense. 

-t

That's quite unfortunate. I don't use Twitter so I do not have an account there and have no intention to create one. But when I tried to read the Hinterland tweets I immediately got redirected to Twitter's login/registration page.

6 hours ago, Polynomial-C said:

That's quite unfortunate. I don't use Twitter so I do not have an account there and have no intention to create one. But when I tried to read the Hinterland tweets I immediately got redirected to Twitter's login/registration page.

Yep, same here. Not a fan of Twitter. I can understand that it's a useful medium for people w/o a web presence, but Hinterland has no excuse. They got this website.

If anything, they should post on Twitter a link to any announcements published here.

-t