Are you going to play Episode 4?

theisaactrain

Will you be playing Episode 4 when it comes out?  

39 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Gracia_WolfSlayer said:

Why wouldn't I ?  I'm hoping it takes place starting out in CH. That ending scene with the dead orcas was chilling! Also I LOVE CH. It's one of my favorite regions.

I don’t think it will, since we will be playing as Mackenzie meaning we will be either starting in the Carter Dam, or maybe even Blackrock?

I played the pre-redux 1&2, and have played the new episode one and a bit of episode two, and then put it aside; I'm waiting until the whole thing is available and then I'm going to hammer my way through the whole thing over a week or so, I think.

Sort of like when you wait for the writer to finish the entire trilogy before you take up the first book.

1 hour ago, Gracia_WolfSlayer said:

What makes you sure it'll be Mackinzie? I Assumed it'd be Astrid, since we got 2 episodes of Mackenzie.

Re-reading what I said makes me realize that it was badly worded. For more context, in the March dev diary they confirm that we will be playing as Mackenzie.

I cannot wait for Ep 4. I completed it today and I'm so anxious to know if they cross paths. I know that's a long way off yet, but can't wait to see what the jail holds for us to do. And I agree with OP, I think this is a Astrid episode as the mission during Pleasant Valley was about Blackrock Jail. Who knows? maybe they plan to release a longer chapter where we play as Astrid and Mac. It's going to be so interesting! 

On 8/1/2021 at 1:04 AM, odizzido said:

I voted no because I won't play it when it comes out. I will play it sometime after episode 5 releases when the game is all patched up and complete.

A very good point. Perhaps I'll do the same. There's quite a backlog in my epic account already! Even now I forgot last time I booted TLD; been kicking bandit(and cuman) arses in medieval bohemia! My sword is dripping blood.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, manolitode said:

Will give chapter 4 a try for sure. If it doesn't excite me much

Well, here's my analogy: ep4- excitement phase. Ep5- resolution. Not sure if I'll be able to hold up 3 more years until the final episode is completed. Maybe it's better to just wait it out and then do it all in one proper cycle?

36 minutes ago, Stinky socks said:

Well, here's my analogy: ep4- excitement phase. Ep5- resolution. Not sure if I'll be able to hold up 3 more years until the final episode is completed. Maybe it's better to just wait it out and then do it all in one proper cycle?

Where did you get 3 years from? Have I missed something? 

9 minutes ago, Stinky socks said:

I mean, if you kept your enthusiasm for the story this far then a few more years ain't impossible to wait and then play 4+5 together? But I'm too eager to see how Kenzie's story unfolds to await ep 5, I'll need to keep the ember burning, sure hope the writing in ep 4 delivers.

Speaking of long awaited sequels it's nice to see someone else made it out of Skalitz alive :) can't wait for their next release!

I started out in December actually. Haven't heard of TLD until epic had it as a giveaway. 

I see one big problem with waiting if you're a regular around here. Story might get spoiled by someone and you'll not enjoy it as much. Most of the crowd would play as soon as it comes out and will start discussing that episode.

@Lee, it's a hypothetical number, but might be as long as half life of plutonium.

6 hours ago, Tudor05 said:

I only hope to live long enough to see it released. Pandemic isn't helping....

As long as you are doing what you need to do to feel safe,  Best bet is to ignore media hype and just use you're own instincts and common sense!  Please try not to worry!

• Upvote 1