HESITANT PROSPECT Update Now Live

Admin

1 hour ago, Hawk said:

GoG is typically about 21 days behind Steam. Sometimes sooner but rarely.

Note to @ManicManiac: Not laying any blame. Not saying it's anyone's fault. Not complaining. Just simply stating past experience in hopes of being helpful to other GoG users. :)

Edit 1: WHOA!!!!! Unbelievable. V-1.89 is now available at GoG. The Darkwalker must be behind this anomaly. :o:S

Seriously ! That early ! Geez ! That's a Christmas !

Ash Canyon looks nothing like other regions from whatever little I've seen so far. Gives a sense of claustrophobia due to the towering cliffs and makes you look so small (which one is compared to nature). Hinterland has done an excellent job in coming up with unique maps. On the plus side, I did feel the frame rates appeared consistently smoother (I play on a MacBP 2015 with a Win10 x64 on external SSD, Steam). The addition of other animals during the load screen is also cool. The game visually looked a little better to me. No scientific evidence, just plain eye balling. 

I forgot to check if the update messed up my feats or not as some people reported that to happen. I just dove straight into the survival mode. Will check later after work. Good holidays coming up. Happy holidays to the folks at Hinterland. 🥳

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Hawk said:

GoG is typically about 21 days behind Steam. Sometimes sooner but rarely.

Note to @ManicManiac: Not laying any blame. Not saying it's anyone's fault. Not complaining. Just simply stating past experience in hopes of being helpful to other GoG users. :)

Edit 1: WHOA!!!!! Unbelievable. V-1.89 is now available at GoG. The Darkwalker must be behind this anomaly. :o:S

I checked, and it only released on Window, not on Linux 😑

On 12/8/2020 at 11:19 PM, Average Joe said:

Sweet! The update just came out on Switch. Speedy and looking good so far. Can't wait to finally try out the Darkwalker event. :D

Is it just me or is the Switch a little smoother with some of the AA issues with trees etc. fixed? The wires still look a bit janky (oh the humanity!) but I'm sure it's looking slightly nicer and smoother. I could be imagining things, mind, as it's been a couple of weeks since I played. (Not the Long Dark's fault, somebody lent me Breath of the Wild. Crikey.)   

Switch lite player here: anyone else having loading lags? Entering buildings is the same loading time (which is already kind of slow) but when I transition outside it takes forever. This is only in Ash Canyon.

I'm also seeing some general rendering delays while outside in Ash Canyon. I need to get close to items to see them sometimes, burnt trees appear with a mesh texture until closer, and I've encountered problems with catching the sweet spot to loot or climb.

Otherwise enjoying the new zone immensely. I like getting lost and trying to figure out how to get places! Amazingly fun map (though the bear appearing by the door of the Forman's cabin gave me a heart attack! Maybe he was just being neighbourly... Lol)

Edited by Nitzy

Switch user here! (Regular Switch.) I've also been having some Ash Canyon trouble. I've also had some delays when leaving cabins, but I've also been having some crashing problems happen randomly. So I'm delaying my play until it gets patched for the Switch. It's a great map, though!

I play on PS4 and apparently game cant see my saves. Talking qbout Survival. I got NEW and FEATS. Downloaded it from online storage. Didn't help. It WAS a 400 days run.

I never played game game that crashes more than this one. But not to be able to load a save. Unbelievable. 

• 2 weeks later...

Yea as much as I have enjoyed the update.... Just like literally every single thing you add to the game, none of it is actually worth any of the effort.... (Tactical backpack= 5k extra carry weight is almost as worthless as bleak inlet existing... I'm not trying to be that guy but are you guys ever actually going to add anything to the game that's worth getting?? Also you should have added another ammo craft there

15 hours ago, Slow_wandering1 said:

Sí, tanto como he disfrutado la actualización ... Al igual que literalmente todo lo que agregas al juego, nada de eso realmente vale la pena el esfuerzo ... (Mochila táctica = 5k de peso extra es casi tan inútil como una ensenada sombría existente ... No estoy tratando de ser ese tipo, pero ¿alguna vez ustedes realmente agregarán algo al juego que valga la pena obtener? También deberían haber agregado otra nave de munición allí

Hello first of all to say that for me everything they add is very worthwhile and if you think you can do it better, do it yourself but what you cannot is underestimate the effort made by the developers and secondly it was not necessary a second ship of ammunition for That with the one in the shady cove is worth it.
If you don't like the game, don't play it but don't say those things because it seems to me a lack of respect towards the effort of the game developers