Day 1 (SPOILERS)

hozz1235

So far, the challenge seems to find your way around in the dark.  Food from houses and water from toilets.  You can repair in the dark!

• I started at CH - lucky, I guess
  • In the garage, you can break down the green crates with your hands for some valuable wood
  • Don't bother with charcoal

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Drifter Man said:

For me it's mostly wandering in zero visibility so far... can't say it's fun :(

Access to Timberwolf Mountain seems to be shut off. But I can't be sure because I can't see a thing.

Huh, I tought that they would make the night visibility better for this event....

1 hour ago, hozz1235 said:

You can repair in the dark!

Great tip, thanks.

I started in CH too - I think everyone starts at the island next to Jackrabbits.  The passage to Crumbling Highway/DP is blocked.  I read a comment on reddit that the rope to TWM from PV is missing.

47 minutes ago, Drifter Man said:

For me it's mostly wandering in zero visibility so far... can't say it's fun :(

I got a mega windy start and decided to reroll.  Attempt #2 I got clear, windless weather and it's much been more fun.  Until I got to PV of course, then blizzard.  Big surprise, huh?

40 minutes ago, The Frozen Narcoleptic said:

The darkness isn't too bad, It's that boiled clean human skull that's a little disturbing. 

20181028035728_1.thumb.jpg.3e890c86c40989ba3ee574de4f99b35d.jpg

Literally ten minutes into 4DON and chill and i find it in a fishing hut.

It put me in CH bay in between the two islands, was overcast at first but it cleared up when i was in Jackrabbit.

I'm pretty sure everyone spawns in CH for day1 and i am glad that they made it into a structured challenge this year.

Just got up, but it's been a rough night.  I've been tossing and turning since 2:00.  I wish I could say it was from excitement for the event, but I've been fighting a cold for over a week now.

But that won't stop me!  After fixing a hot mug of coffee (Sadly, not Big Moose Kicks) I'll be checking this out.

7 hours ago, Ruruwawa said:

I got a mega windy start and decided to reroll.  Attempt #2 I got clear, windless weather and it's much been more fun.  Until I got to PV of course, then blizzard.  Big surprise, huh?

I also rerolled after my first steps led my survivor into the ocean :D For the second one, visibility improved after a while. I'm now all set up - 80 kg of supplies, a rifle with 60 rounds, two flare guns with 20 reloads, a lifetime's worth of nuclear chocolate, luxurious clothing and accessories, including a moose cloak for wolves to sink their teeth into :D

I wonder how they force us outside tomorrow, I could hole up somewhere for months.

54 minutes ago, Khan_Drichthyes said:

Has anyone discovered if the path from PV to ML is open?

It is. FM (and therefore BR) is not accessible. Mountain Town is accessible from ML, except Milton Basin - the rope point is gone. HRV is closed off.

1 hour ago, DaveMcD said:

hmmm.... now I found a second and third one in PV. I had thought there was only 2 in each zone. perhaps they move over time?

I found 2 each in CH, ML and MT, three in PV. I didn't search systematically so there could be more.

17 minutes ago, Drifter Man said:

I found 2 each in CH, ML and MT, three in PV. I didn't search systematically so there could be more.

Looted CH systematically, found only two:

Spolier:

One by the Waterfront Cottages and another by the Lookout Tower. There was no lantern by the Bear creek campgrounds on mine. 

1 hour ago, Drifter Man said:

It is. FM (and therefore BR) is not accessible. Mountain Town is accessible from ML, except Milton Basin - the rope point is gone. HRV is closed off.

Awesome info, thanks for sharing!

2 hours ago, DaveMcD said:

hmmm.... now I found a second and third one in PV. I had thought there was only 2 in each zone. perhaps they move over time?

I'm running two games... one minimally equipped holed up with lots of food and fuel.  I'll stand around to get the badges on this one.  Not very daring, I know, but I want to dance with the new wolf packs and I didn't want the fear of losing the badges to hold me back.

The point is: each game found two caches in CH -- at completely different locations.  So location can vary.  Do the ones you didn't find initially eventually pop into existence too?  I haven't seen that yet.

1 hour ago, Drifter Man said:

I also rerolled after my first steps led my survivor into the ocean :D For the second one, visibility improved after a while. I'm now all set up - 80 kg of supplies, a rifle with 60 rounds, two flare guns with 20 reloads, a lifetime's worth of nuclear chocolate, luxurious clothing and accessories, including a moose cloak for wolves to sink their teeth into :D

I wonder how they force us outside tomorrow, I could hole up somewhere for months.

I'm similarly equipped, 74 rounds, 2 rifles, 2 flare guns, but only 6 shells, 2 bows plus various arrows and arrow heads, ample and birch cured as well as guts and deer skins. I found more than 8 top tier coats so now they are stashed all over the place as they were way too heavy to try to lug back.

I didn't get the moose cloak but got the satchel + rabbit skin gloves from various pumpkins.

I'm in a GMT+8 timezone so the changeover lands during a work day tomorrow so won't have as much time to go crazy with it. I've enjoyed taking snapshots of all the lanterns i've found though (2CH, 3PV, 2ML) didn't get to Milton at all.

Archived