Day 1 (SPOILERS)

hozz1235

1 hour ago, WildGPS said:

I have found that the weather makes a HUGE difference for visibility.  when it's completely clear out, I can see just fine without a lantern or flare, but in foggy or overcast weather I can barely see no matter what I do.

So true. I know Coastal Highway rather well by now, but in the fog I had a lot of trouble with even simple things like finding house entrances!

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mystery Lake bunker found: The clothing bunker about halfway between the Logging Camp and Carter Dam. The same place where Hank's bunker appears in Story mode.  Since everyone seems to have had the same start, it's possible this bunker is static for 4DON.  Someone else please check and confirm.

4 hours ago, Drifter Man said:

I wonder how they force us outside tomorrow

Exactly what I thought after exiting the game. It feels so strange to have a rifle. Anyone can teach me how to fire it? (joking)

3 hours ago, stapeliad said:

loot settings are pretty close to interloper... meaning almost nothing. :/

Man, you gotta be kidding! I fI looted even 1/10th of what I found in CH in any Interloper, that wouldn't be Interloper.

1 hour ago, melcantspell said:

I know my way around the region by heart, but I don't feel like exploring at all. Most of the time, it's just pitch black, with a few snow drifts strewn in for good measure.

You have to play just like regular game: wait until good weather, which means moonlight.

1 hour ago, diosmio123 said:

Hinterland humor i guess.

I would also have smiley-ed the can openers...

Just now, MarrowStone said:

Ive searched all of CH and still no pumpkins xc. I have found a ton of flares and matches though.

Th lanterns are so easy to find if you wait fr good visibility, since it's a bright light in the dark night

1 hour ago, ajb1978 said:

Mystery Lake bunker found: The clothing bunker about halfway between the Logging Camp and Carter Dam. The same place where Hank's bunker appears in Story mode.  Since everyone seems to have had the same start, it's possible this bunker is static for 4DON.  Someone else please check and confirm.

Negative for me.

Regarding pumpkins in CH, how about some spoilers?  We're a few hours away from the end of day 1, but I know some of you are still looking for the basics (like a rifle).  If you're ready for a map, click below.

There are two pumpkin caches in CH, in four possible locations.  In fact, they seem to be paired -- if you find one, your second cache should be the same color.  Each pair has a rifle cache and a flashlight cache.  The caches themselves include better clothing (flashlight = gloves, rifle = pants), candy bars and other supplies. 

ch-caches.thumb.png.11348adf9160d0b6b2b0f7b415519e7e.png

Hope this helps!

I've finished looting MT, PV and CH. Currently at Trappers ready to take more supplies to the Camp Office. Man, there is just so much loot, I nearly jumped when I found the satchel at PV, helps a lot when moving all the loot.

Anybody tried fishing? 

I've completed my 2 hours, but I'm only about a third of the way through ransacking CH!

I've got so much gear I don't know what to do with it all. I've got about 7 billion matches! I guess I should prepare a loot dump somewhere, but I can't decide where to put it.

Pleasant Valley Bunker found: First bunker to the right of The Long Curve, assuming you're facing The Long Curve, and follow the river to the right, and up the first hill to the bear cave.  Lots of medical supplies.

Edit: It might not be in the same place for you.  The Mystery Lake bunker also spawned, but was not in the same place as mine for someone else.  Just an FYI, bunkers spawn, but aren't necessarily in the same place.

8 minutes ago, hozz1235 said:

I missed the rifle at CH, I am now in Milton.  Anyone find a rifle in Milton (or ML)?

I have not yet been to Milton.  I've explored CH (found a rifle at a jack-o-lantern), ML, and about 1/3 of PV.  Only that one rifle in CH.  I suggest you backtrack and scour CH for that rifle.  I recall finding my two jack-o-lanterns in the Bear Creek Campground, and next to the cabin near the trailer leading up to the Ravine transition.

1 hour ago, Ruruwawa said:

Nope, but I tried eating a cattail.  I could pick it and consume it but it didn't give me any calories.   Back to candy bars...

I'm sustaining myself on cattails only, we might have a bug here. 

Also, three times I've gone out of Trappers I've heard the growl that many assume it's the cougar or the old bear, anybody else having the same experience? 

Archived