Sandbox Roadmap Updated to v1.1 + News on June Update

• Hinterland

Hello community,

We've just updated the Sandbox Roadmap document with some information about what we're working on for the June Sandbox Update.

Check it out: http://hinterlandgames.com/the-long-dark/roadmap/

DATE: We'll provide more information about update timing as we get closer to finishing work on it. For now all we know is we're targeting a June release.

REMINDER: The Roadmap is an aspirational document, so it's possible that not everything on the June Update list will make it in. But, as always, we'll do our best!

- The Hinterland Team

5 hours ago, Raphael van Lierop said:

Hello community,

We've just updated the Sandbox Roadmap document with some information about what we're working on for the June Sandbox Update.

Check it out: http://hinterlandgames.com/the-long-dark/roadmap/

DATE: We'll provide more information about update timing as we get closer to finishing work on it. For now all we know is we're targeting a June release.

REMINDER: The Roadmap is an aspirational document, so it's possible that not everything on the June Update list will make it in. But, as always, we'll do our best!

- The Hinterland Team

Does this also mean that some things that aren't on the roadmap will also make it in? Things you really want to surprise us with?

1 hour ago, Fuarian said:

Does this also mean that some things that aren't on the roadmap will also make it in? Things you really want to surprise us with?

We do say in the Roadmap description that it's a living, aspirational list and that there may even be things the team is working on that aren't on there. It's not all-encompassing. :)

Really looking forward to the next update, especially to books and the related knowledge system! Challenge mode: Whiteout sounds totally awesome as well! I bet there will be blizzards that last several days in this mode. Can't wait to play it and see how it influences my playstyle! :normal:

3 hours ago, Scyzara said:

Really looking forward to the next update, especially to books and the related knowledge system! Challenge mode: Whiteout sounds totally awesome as well! I bet there will be blizzards that last several days in this mode. Can't wait to play it and see how it influences my playstyle! :normal:

Blizzards, with breaks for dense fog? :D  I'm looking forward to this too!

Shelter building so soon??? Skill system?? I can't believe it What is next NPC's? OMG take your time Dev's we don't want to rush you on this one :) If you give us all that it is worth the wait. I guess there will be a ton of new items and mechanics too to support the skill system. WHohooo huraay !

P.S. Can anyone explain to me what a Feats system will represent?

I'm sorry to say this is that this is the first time I've really studied the roadmap, and all I can say is WOW!!

If even 1/2 of the stuff listed eventually makes it into the game..... It will be extremely exciting!!

Just the thought of moose and cougars being introduced, makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck because I've had close encounters with both in my lifetime.

The 2 new challenges look fantastic!! And there's just so much that will add so much depth to the game and the overall immersive experience.

Thanks so much Hinterlands!! You really are an impressive team!

Archived