What is your most ridiculous habit that you can't give up while playing?

deliaziz

I always carry an mre telling myself I'll need it but I can never bring myself to eat it.....    On the rare occasion I carry two I'll eat the lowest one and forget the others still there.

Why...I have no idea.

• Upvote 3

Even though there are superior hats after the first X days, so I'm no longer wearing Wool Toques, I cannot get myself to rip them up for cloth, even repair the ones I find around and then put them back into wardrobes.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

I guess I would have to say that my most ridiculous habit is to still be carrying on elements of my previous personal challenges even on runs where I don't give myself those restrictions.

Now, by default (that is to say, I have to make a concerted conscious effort to remember these things are an option), I don't often harvest plants, tend not to ever use hunting knives/axes, I tend to go weaponless and rarely hunt.  I have spent so much time learning to survive without these things... that it's just kind of my default mode of play.  I find I have to remind myself that all these things are options that I can choose to make use of to make my survivor's life easier. :D 

:coffee::fire::coffee:

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Hunting ptarmigans for no reason; I guess I'm still in the phase of "ooh! New content, I want to use it!" So I hunt the ptarmigans even though I literally have no use for them. I don't even need to level up any carcass harvesting or hunting skill. The meat and feathers just kind of sit around for weeks untouched lol. 

• Upvote 2

Picking up sticks.  Lots of sticks.  Mulitudes of sticks.  

Currently at Forsaken Airfield hanger. 

Filled two lockers in another hanger (2x200), both storage compartments (hatches) of one hanger plane (2 x 266), one of the hanger helicoper landing strut compartments (100), one of the helicopter hatches (150?).  The trunk of the car next to the hanger (200+).  A heap of sticks (a lot, uncounted yet) next to the car.  Not to forget the two piles of coal and one heap of sticks next to the forge in the basement for that just in case situation where I need to forge something.  😅

And then there were all the other regional bases... 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

It's not over.

I never use a balaclava (green).

I don't take a step without an axe.

When I light a torch, I also raise my head involuntarily.

I don't carry a weapon other than a bow.

If you want to support my mental treatment process, I won't say no :) 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

On 9/16/2024 at 10:26 AM, deliaziz said:

It's not over.

I never use a balaclava (green).

I don't take a step without an axe.

When I light a torch, I also raise my head involuntarily.

I don't carry a weapon other than a bow.

If you want to support my mental treatment process, I won't say no :) 

You're not the only one who won't wear that swamp monster balaclava lol..

I also run across the dam..

• Upvote 2

I do have a horrible tendency to carry around 20 teas at a time, "just in case".

On 9/5/2024 at 4:57 PM, ThePancakeLady said:

Almost obsessively picking up every stick I see while traveling, even if I don't need them.

Also this :D. Same goes for coal, cattails, mushrooms, rose hips, etc. etc.

• Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, conanjaguar said:

Also this :D. Same goes for coal, cattails, mushrooms, rose hips, etc. etc.

I am fine with teas- I may brew as many as possible at once, but will only carry a few during regular looting travels, though I do tend to carry too many coffees for no good reason. Cattails- yes! I pick every one I see, and do dump the cattail heads into storage or a pile if I have enough tinder plugs (and still need tinder for firestarting). But I forget to drop off cattail stalks and will find myself carrying 50 or more along with me, meaning to put them in a drawer in a fishing hut or to stock up a mini-base, and I forget to drop them off. So much weight that I could be using for other stuff while looting. Same with Salty Crackers...

Edited by ThePancakeLady
Typonese, always typonese
  • Upvote 1
  • Like 2