TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY, Part Five -- "Last Horizon", Launches June 24th at 10AM Pacific

Admin

image.png.0fc28b5278bbc3ea0591fb361c7d8e53.png

Hello fans,

Just a quick note to inform you that Part Five of TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY, titled "Last Horizon", will launch on:

Monday, June 24th, at 10AM Pacific Time

This applies to the following platforms: Steam, Xbox, PlayStation, Epic Game Store

Please note that this is a global release, and the exact time the update appears for you depends on where you are located in the world. So if you do not see the update appear at 10AM Pacific time, please be patient as it will likely appear within minutes or a small number of hours.

The Switch version of TALES, launching with Parts One-Four, has unfortunately been delayed by a week due to complications with the Nintendo certification process. We are now aiming for a mid-July launch of Parts One-Four on Switch, with Part Five launching approximately a month afterwards.

There will be an update video for TALES Part Five, going live on the Hinterland YouTube channel at 10AM Pacific. See you then!

- The Hinterland Team

• Upvote 15
  • Like 21

Thank you for the information. But when the new update comes, I will be at work, not at home. I can only play on June 29-30. I wish you had released it tomorrow. I am looking forward to this update. I hope the hunted chapter 3, merchant and home decoration updates will come with it. :)

• Upvote 1

• Hinterland
24 minutes ago, Karl Grylls said:

Cougar, Trader, Safehouse Customization... Lots of new stuff ahead!

I still haven't started one of the Tales, nor the new region yet. Maybe i should do it 😅

Trader and Safehouse Customization are not coming in Part Five, just to be clear.

• Upvote 7
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Admin said:

Hello fans,

Just a quick note to inform you that Part Five of TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY, titled "Last Horizon", will launch on:

Monday, June 24th, at 10AM Pacific Time

This applies to the following platforms: Steam, Xbox, PlayStation, Epic Game Store

Please note that this is a global release, and the exact time the update appears for you depends on where you are located in the world. So if you do not see the update appear at 10AM Pacific time, please be patient as it will likely appear within minutes or a small number of hours.

The Switch version of TALES, launching with Parts One-Four, has unfortunately been delayed by a week due to complications with the Nintendo certification process. We are now aiming for a mid-July launch of Parts One-Four on Switch, with Part Five launching approximately a month afterwards.

There will be an update video for TALES Part Five, going live on the Hinterland YouTube channel at 10AM Pacific. See you then!

- The Hinterland Team

SO EXCITED

• Upvote 1

Interesting, I had been thinking it would be sometime this week as I'm sure you guys were wanting to not have to do any rush bug fixing over the holiday weekend.  Hopefully if there is any surprises as there have been in the past you can clear them up before then.  Anyway I'm looking forward to next Monday, happy cougar hunting to you all!

Edited by rush247

• Hinterland
1 minute ago, rush247 said:

Interesting, I had been thinking it would be sometime this week as I'm sure you guys were wanting to not have to do any rush bug fixing over the holiday weekend.  Hopefully if there is any surprises as there have been in the past you can clear them up before then.  Anyway I'm looking forward to next Monday, happy cougar hunting to you all!

It's always a balancing act between releasing earlier with a higher chance of bugs and hotfixes needed, or having the game sit a little longer with the Test team to ensure the launch is as smooth as possible.

It's also tricky to launch near/around major Steam sales (Summer Sale starts June 27th). 😅

• Upvote 12
  • Like 5

• Hinterland
8 minutes ago, Semple Fi said:

Oh Nintendo….

image.gif.3330ece48d8d49206516ec02a6ed1bf0.gif

In their defense, this was a massive overhaul of the game, on the same level as when we first launched TALES on the other platforms. It requires a complete review and re-certification with a lot of moving parts. We hit a fair number of unexpected exceptions along the way and Nintendo has been working with us closely to get through them, but there's just a lot of them and frankly their internal processes can be a bit inscrutable at times. With the other platforms, we usually know with a fair degree of accuracy how long things will take on the platform side, but with Nintendo it's always a bit longer and we're sort of more in the dark. Not blaming them or anything, and not passing the buck, just trying to provide some context. Super closed systems like Switch have a lot of extra protections and considerations around them, unlike Steam where you can more or less just launch stuff... (not saying that is always better either!). 

• Upvote 4
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Raphael van Lierop said:

frankly their internal processes can be a bit inscrutable at times

True

mostly though, I was just looking for a way to post that Donkey Kong gif… 😉😂

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Raphael van Lierop said:

The update videos always go live at the same time as the update.

Yeah, guess I'm gonna run my lunch a little late on that day, so I can catch it at the desk. Should make for a solid tenterhooks afternoon.

Edited by stratvox
  • Upvote 1