POLL: PC or Console?

PC or Console?  

52 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

11 minutes ago, ManicManiac said:

Poor Switch... didn't even make the list.

:coffee::fire::coffee:

That’s because it hasn’t been updated….. I own this on Switch and that’s what I started playing TLD on.  But it’s lagged SO FAR BEHIND that I ended up purchasing it on PC.  
Resubmit this Poll after they catch up with TFTFT and maybe that will change

I play on Xbox but know PC is the far superior choice, from troubleshooting and fixing your own issues at times, to mods, to getting the new updates weeks to months before everyone else pc is definitely the best option if you can 

9 hours ago, PilgrimReaper said:

No Macs? Or does that count as PC?

Don't say that in an Apple Store unless you want to start a riot 😂

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)
On 5/29/2024 at 7:14 AM, PilgrimReaper said:

No Macs? Or does that count as PC?

Yeah, any Personal Computer regardless of make, model or operating system. I didn't see the need to differentiate between types of laptops either.

Edited by RO8525
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

PC.  Been playing on 'em since 1984.  I do have consoles and have played some games on them (mostly driving type games since AWSD sucks for that). 

Reasons:

1. Mods
  2. Control over files/directories
  3. Remapping game controls
  4. Customize game settings
  5. Portability (I use high-end laptops now)

Started on Xbox, then switched to PC once I realized I could still play it on PC through Microsoft. Then switched to Steam so that I could use the time capsule and mods. Been on Steam ever since; gameplaywise I liked using the mouse to look around a lot better than a joystick. 

I’ve played it on Xbox since 2020, so even though I got the pc version, I much prefer the Xbox version, the last thing I want to do is goof up on the computer version because I’m not used to it, and lose a run by falling off a cliff or something.

PC since 1984 too. same reasons: mods, control, xpadder for gamepad reallocation.

no platform as steam.

I had once  a PS3 (a christmas gift). wasn't a good experience for me (mods) so I keep the PC.

IMHO, playing The Long Dark on console it's close to impossible to have same experience as playing on PC. TLD need a fast reaction, fast feedback. TLD need a mouse to act fast - from gathering cattails while running to aiming a rifle into a bear, which eager to eat you up. And to handle fast all of those radial menu shortcuts...
I guess, TLD is better to play on PC than on console, like any other survival FPS videogames. 

Edited by Wonderland Wanderer 3