December 2023 Dev Diary

Admin

Admin

LAST VISITED
April 9

And last post was March 25.

I guess even checking up on things here is slipping.

And I thought Milton was a ghost village!

Edited by Mistral
  • Upvote 5

• Hinterland

We're still here. Working away on various things, as always.

(I try not to say (anymore) "dev diary in X weeks" or whatever because if something comes up internally that delays it, folks just get salty about that.)

One cool thing is that you don't have to be snide or a downer about stuff to show how much you love TLD!

• Upvote 11
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Raphael van Lierop said:

(I try not to say (anymore) "dev diary in X weeks" or whatever because if something comes up internally that delays it, folks just get salty about that.)

One cool thing is that you don't have to be snide or a downer about stuff to show how much you love TLD!

Thanks so much for the post Raphael, and everything you do for us dedicated players. Super stoked for the next part of TTFT aswell as your next title. Patentially, as possible, awaiting any and all news regarding these.

Edited by Cattleman
  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Raphael van Lierop said:

ya know, that's all we need from y'all ever so often.  just a little stage presence every so often does so much to keep player morale boosted.  Thanks for gracing the forums!

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Raphael van Lierop said:

Cкажите пожайлуста,почему не было дневника разрабки в феврале?У вас были какие то причины?

I can get some reading done while I wait. I'm going to read in a book about environmental science. And every once in a while I can start a new game in Coastal Highway, go fishing, warm myself up in the mines, craft new gear.

• Upvote 2

I think folks might also benefit from not expecting the Hinterland Team to be at their beck-and-call.
Work as to get done, and work takes time.

I would say, that Hinterland has been rather good about letting us know when they have information to share.

Hockney : "You kids ready?"
McManus : "I would be if I didn't have to stop and answer to you."

Do they really owe us monthly updates?  Are we stockholders? Are we on some Board of Directors?  ...no.

I feel that Hinterland has earned a lot of good will over the years.  I think that rather than assume and jump to negative conclusions... I think we ought to give the benefit of any doubt and just have patience.

:coffee::fire::coffee:

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 5

1 hour ago, ManicManiac said:

I think folks might also benefit from not expecting the Hinterland Team to be at their beck-and-call.
Work as to get done, and work takes time.

I would say, that Hinterland has been rather good about letting us know when they have information to share.

Do they really owe us monthly updates?  Are we stockholders? Are we on some Board of Directors?  ...no.

I feel that Hinterland has earned a lot of good will over the years.  I think that rather than assume and jump to negative conclusions... I think we ought to give the benefit of any doubt and just have patience.

:coffee::fire::coffee:

They don't owe anyone anything, but this whole 2023 DLC situation isn't the most pleasant and seems like PR to sell DLC.

There were a lot of development diaries in 2023. There was communication between fans and developers.

There was a promise to release an update every 8-10 weeks. Then it was canceled.

I don't want to say anything bad, but this seems like the usual marketing to sell DLC.

Promise a lot and then cancel it.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

It hasn't been cancelled it's been delayed..it happens with a lot of companies... They've always delivered as far as I know, and I trust them and am more than happy to wait,however long it takes..

Patience is it's own reward....  

Plus it gives me time to fully appreciate the new areas . 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2

All people are different. Someone is ready to wait more than 5-6 months for news. And someone is not ready to wait that long and wants to know how the development is progressing.

I don't see anything wrong with that. Stop encouraging people to "wait longer".

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Max21 said:

All people are different. Someone is ready to wait more than 5-6 months for news. And someone is not ready to wait that long and wants to know how the development is progressing.

I don't see anything wrong with that. Stop encouraging people to "wait longer".

Yes everyone is different.. they've said themselves please be patient ..  I was just agreeing with them,not telling anyone what to do..

Personally I just can't see that making snide comments ,and I don't mean you specifically, is any good for anyone.its not going to make a difference to the game 

• Upvote 1

We're going to shut down this thread because there's no good reason to keep it going.

Also, moving forward, we'll be removing folks from these forums whose purpose here only seems to be to complain about stuff. It just creates a very unpleasant atmosphere and one that discourages people from spending their time here to celebrate their love of the game.

• Upvote 8
  • Like 2