December 2023 Dev Diary

Admin

On 3/8/2024 at 11:43 AM, deviro_verity said:

Yeah, really hoping we get more info this month, it would track with previous years.

Strangely the SteamDB builds of TLD haven't been updated in 8 days, when they get updated multiple times a day (excluding the weekends).

Here’s hoping

image.gif.18887fe189af2b1f1f0b819d3afcb83e.gif

On 12/20/2023 at 9:05 AM, Admin said:

A couple more things while I have your attention…

We haven’t had much news to share about the Switch version of TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY to date. I want to assure you that the team is working on this, and our current goal is to release it — with Parts One to Four, and all the free updates included with those Parts — by the end of April 2024. After that, Parts Five and Six of TALES will likely trail the other platforms by up to a month, based on the 4-week minimum certification time required by Nintendo. We’ll share more details about how that’s going some time in February.

Hey @Admin, @Raphael van Lierop .  Just wondering what's going on here.  It's mid-March and as you can see you guys said you were gonna drop a line last month.  Is Nintendo being it's usual self and holding things up or something else?  When can we expect part 5 of TFTFT?

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, hozz1235 said:

Communication is not one of their strong suits.  How hard is it to say, "Here we are in February, and unfortunately, we don't have much to share, but hope to have something soon!"

I just don't want a repeat of what we got last May, I think we all agree on that.

• Upvote 1

If it wasn't for their Instagram account posting something random ocassionally, you'd think the entire company was in hibernation

(They're not obviously, but once again that's what their non-existent communication makes it look like)

• Upvote 2

While sharing the hopes for news I would like to remind all how little money we paid for this game and how much we have gotten in return over the years.  It is the best deal you ever made. 

Fire up the game - go to an overlook and drink your best coffee ;)

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, Looper said:

While sharing the hopes for news I would like to remind all how little money we paid for this game and how much we have gotten in return over the years.  It is the best deal you ever made. 

Hoping for another birthday after i’ve already had decades of them doesn’t mean i’m NoT appreciative of the previous ones.  
just means I’m hoping for another one

whilst drinking acorn coffee

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, Looper said:

For sure!

Yesterday I was actually thinking I'd actually very happily pay for every new region, even if it was DP/BRR small...

• Upvote 2

I have 14,99 € issued in november 2014 and my money is so good invested! My patience is infinity, thank you hinterland! Take you time whatever you want! The DLC 17,55 €! Please take my money hinterland we got always the updates earlier or later! Best game ever 💓

Edited by Sebastian1992
  • Upvote 6

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2024 at 1:19 AM, Sebastian1992 said:

I have 14,99 € issued in november 2014 and my money is so good invested! My patience is infinity, thank you hinterland! Take you time whatever you want! The DLC 17,55 €! Please take my money hinterland we got always the updates earlier or later! Best game ever 💓

It's nice to see some positivity on this page... I agree with you 100%.  . Best game and value for money ever👍

• Upvote 5
  • Like 3

Got on here because I got curious if anyone knows what Hinterland might be up to. Sad to see there is nothing I missed, but hey: At least it seems like they take their sweet time to avoid another situation like last year. I think I speak for most when I say I'd rather wait for longer and receive an update that runs well and is thought out than what we got in the first half of last year. If they need more time we shall wait.

It just would be nice to get a statement from Hinterland somewhere talking about how progression of the next update is going and how long they think it's gonna take still. You know, just a small update about what's going on.

Edited by Laika Ivanova
  • Upvote 10

On 4/14/2024 at 2:56 PM, Laika Ivanova said:

Got on here because I got curious if anyone knows what Hinterland might be up to. Sad to see there is nothing I missed, 

Yeah i pop in on the forum once every few weeks to check if something changed out of curiosity- sadly it didnt but it stopped bothering me. Ive stopped playing TLD 2 months ago and i dont think i will be back to test new stuff if/when it comes out. Ive moved on to other titles. I got turned down/ disappointed by the studio and realised i cant ask or expoect anything more from them coz they will simply not deliver. TLD is on its last breath anyway i dont expect anything new to happen with this title. Great time playing ! but everything has its end. 

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, James Hickok said:

Yeah i pop in on the forum once every few weeks to check if something changed out of curiosity- sadly it didnt but it stopped bothering me. Ive stopped playing TLD 2 months ago and i dont think i will be back to test new stuff if/when it comes out. Ive moved on to other titles. I got turned down/ disappointed by the studio and realised i cant ask or expoect anything more from them coz they will simply not deliver. TLD is on its last breath anyway i dont expect anything new to happen with this title. Great time playing ! but everything has its end. 

Try mods if you haven't. 

I agree that the company's communication is weak. They are somewhat active posting stuff on FB/Instagram but that's about it. Raph's last tweet was about their next game, showcasing some short tech demos.

• Upvote 1

I tried to compensate this utter waiting boredom by watching Arc's excellent journey into fixing Mountaineer Hut's roof (🤣) spoiler: he gets to to the roof and "fixing" next vid

3 hours ago, James Hickok said:

As far as I can see they've always delivered what they've promised.. yes episode 5 is taking a bit longer than some want but I know that they will deliver it,along with the rest of the sandbox stuff.. 

And it's only on its last breath when Ralph says it is..  I'll never stop playing it .

I'm sorry you're not happy with it any more and I wish you luck in the future.

• Upvote 2