Screenshot for Screenshot Saturday

:coffee::fire::coffee:
I've posted these a time or two before... but I don't recall ever putting them here.
These are two of my earliest surviving screenshots.

It was from that time when wolf behavior had changed, and we were no longer safe in Fishing Huts. :D This was the aftermath.
20181017170033_1.thumb.jpg.496c529cfcfd08b90a9726660635375e.jpg
20181017181738_1.thumb.jpg.9efa79d92317b8871b59642cd82cc20e.jpg

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ManicManiac said:

I miss this...

yeah, right?

You know, if Hinterland wanted to throw us a bone this October, maybe they could do a re-release of the old 4DON as a special?  Maybe make it a limited time appearance in the timecapsule or something?  Wouldn't that be cool?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Karl Grylls said:

We aren't what?

A few years back there was a change in wolf behavior... I still don't know if it had been a "stealth change" by the devs or if it was something that was bugged out.  Up until that point, if we were being stalked and we stepped inside a fishing hut, they'd freakout and run off.  Well that time, the wolf just continued stalking... went into a charge and mauled me right inside the fishing hut.  :D 

I don't know what the current condition of the behavior is... I've not had cause to want to test it in a while.  I know earlier in the year I'd tested it, and it seemed like a hut even with no door was "safe" again.

The last time I had this happen recently... I got inside a hut with a door, so that wasn't exactly a perfect test.

I never claim to know for sure... but ever since that incident that I had those years ago, I never trusted a fishing hut without a door ever again. :D 

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 2

@ManicManiac Well, that was new to me. I only remember an update that made the porches of the houses unsafe. Before, you could just shoot a bear with the bow and step easy back on the porch to make him back off. Was a necessary change in my opinion and i usually like it when the game gets harder.

Hm that reminds me that i wanted to post two new topics on the coming DLC and the next Hinterland game 🤔

Edited by Karl Grylls
  • Upvote 1

On 6/16/2022 at 6:45 AM, piddy3825 said:

yeah, right?

You know, if Hinterland wanted to throw us a bone this October, maybe they could do a re-release of the old 4DON as a special?  Maybe make it a limited time appearance in the timecapsule or something?  Wouldn't that be cool?

I would highly request HL to do this. I bought the game post the 4DON events and would so like to play this. Even without having to tinker with time capsule, they can simple have it open as a challenge, like the DW. That would be so cool. Not being able to play this Long Dark special is really a heart ache. Hello @Admin, please?

• Upvote 1

Some more screenshots that I slightly tinkered with in PS. I get a feeling the game camera kind of meters the scene like a digital camera does in bright snowy conditions as 18% grey making it sort of 'under exposed'. I just adjusted the levels and some other bits. This is one of the big reasons I love walking around the Great Bear region. Fantastic light. 

The rich, saturated coloured sunrises and sunsets in TLD are a given. But I also love the minimalist foggy conditions and the wonderful, calm yet eerie mood it lends to the scene. 

1 & 2 from Ash Canyon

screen_0ab14764-4208-416f-a960-17bf826fd0eb_hi__e1-l.thumb.jpg.661ab5e73acf323ea7a3283873736fe3.jpg

screen_a7d5f72c-453e-4b54-9b37-2f954ae3b1f6_hi__e1-l.thumb.jpg.6d2c8143441de85de026083476b21f18.jpg

Mystery Lakescreen_1908df6c-6f6a-4be6-bbec-f29878054258_hi__e1-l.thumb.jpg.b7626a84df614f0f86bb2d2430fa2786.jpg

Edited by StillNomad
Grammar / typos
  • Like 6

Bear attack at Poachers Camps from closed door in the train car

My experience in stalker survivor last evening. It's maybe a glitch bug, surely, but I stay close to the barrel in the middle of the wagon. The bastard didn't see me outside, but maybe went to search the smells, meat or fur, or noise. At first time the bear try to enter from wagon open door but didn't enter, I stayed hidden beside barrel, he turns and way back to the other side of the wagon, I stay quiet and still when I hear he was walking at the other side of the wagon closed door, suddenly the bear caught me from outside. After the attack animation I hear he walks away but outside the wagon, I just get half health and bled, my rifle on the ground next to a pool of blood.

poacherscamp-wagon-berattack-outside.png.1c729dd940d79fa21ab0da0b569ebf2d.pngpoacherscamp-wagon-berattack-inside.png.f0cdd7d43238845be2d78e3d2f53f287.png

Just now, javijungle said:

Bear attack at Poachers Camps from closed door in the train car

My experience in stalker survivor last evening. It's maybe a glitch bug, surely, but I stay close to the barrel in the middle of the wagon. The bastard didn't see me outside, but maybe went to search the smells, meat or fur, or noise. At first time the bear try to enter from wagon open door but didn't enter, I stayed hidden beside barrel, he turns and way back to the other side of the wagon, I stay quiet and still when I hear he was walking at the other side of the wagon closed door, suddenly the bear caught me from outside. After the attack animation I hear he walks away but outside the wagon, I just get half health and bled, my rifle on the ground next to a pool of blood.

poacherscamp-wagon-berattack-outside.png.1c729dd940d79fa21ab0da0b569ebf2d.pngpoacherscamp-wagon-berattack-inside.png.f0cdd7d43238845be2d78e3d2f53f287.png

I have seen that before but not for quite a while.  Through walls is one of those rare events from what I've seen.  That's bad luck!  my sympathies.