Screenshot for Screenshot Saturday

37 minutes ago, DarKube said:

wait is this in Ep4 ? I really need to complete those side missions

nah, it's just a product of my twisted imagination.   I've been on the island so long, that I have descended into madness and these are my imaginary friends.  they are constantly pissing me off, moving my things, whispering to each other about me in the background and now just three days after a white out snowstorm, they are all sitting around praying for more snow!

• Upvote 3
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, piddy3825 said:

nah, it's just a product of my twisted imagination.   I've been on the island so long, that I have descended into madness and these are my imaginary friends.  they are constantly pissing me off, moving my things, whispering to each other about me in the background and now just three days after a white out snowstorm, they are all sitting around praying for more snow!

Takeover of the cucumber people!

4 hours ago, Pınar51-06 said:

C'mon dude, you have a cave. Go sleep there, do not freak me out.

screen_3e7f3955-9906-4888-9df9-a7bec4869c74_hi.png

screen_bcf531e0-26ed-4150-96af-f91c201fbfc9_hi.png

did you ever just crouch and sneak up without doing anything?  the bear snores!  the audio is hilarious if you take the time to listen for a while, just be ready to bolt if it looks like he's starting to wake up.  now's also a good time to dare to flare a bear!

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, piddy3825 said:

did you ever just crouch and sneak up without doing anything?  the bear snores!  the audio is hilarious if you take the time to listen for a while, just be ready to bolt if it looks like he's starting to wake up.  now's also a good time to dare to flare a bear!

Actually ı did that. He was shaking a little and snoring. I was playing pilgrim so ı sleep an hour next to him but he didn’t even wake up

I encountered my first sleeping bear below the cliff near the hunting lodge.  I was on top of the cliff, and could hear the breathing and snoring.  I was thinking "WTH is that noise?!?" because I couldn't see the bear at the base of the cliff, and I had no idea what a sleeping bear sounded like anyway.

I was really freaked out for two minutes.

I found a bear on the ice at CH and thought he died there. So i stepped towards him, ready to harvest. And then he suddenly woke up. My heart jumped out of my chest! Luckily the bear made his attack animation which gave me enough time to get my distress pistol. I play this game since 2015 and never saw a bear sleeping outside of his cave. Does anybody know if and when it got changed?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Karl Grylls said:

I found a bear on the ice at CH and thought he died there. So i stepped towards him, ready to harvest. And then he suddenly woke up. My heart jumped out of my chest! Luckily the bear made his attack animation which gave me enough time to get my distress pistol. I play this game since 2015 and never saw a bear sleeping outside of his cave. Does anybody know if and when it got changed?

My screenshot was taken about  one or two week ago but ı did saw another sleeping bear in Hushed River Valley about 4-5 months ago. Actually that time he was sleeping and snoring next to his cave and near the bones. 
I don’t know when developers add this but ı guess ıt’s not new. 

4 hours ago, Pınar51-06 said:

My screenshot was taken about  one or two week ago but ı did saw another sleeping bear in Hushed River Valley about 4-5 months ago. Actually that time he was sleeping and snoring next to his cave and near the bones. 
I don’t know when developers add this but ı guess ıt’s not new. 

well, 4-5 months ago i would consider pretty new to me :D

• Upvote 1

On 11/15/2021 at 7:10 PM, Levelgrinder said:

TheLongDark_20211116134904.thumb.jpg.8a4b05bb4790ff56fa3a62efa7a675d0.jpg

Finally found a practical use for the spray paint - painting arrows on the ice so I can find my way back to the Office at ML if I get go fishing and get caught in a blizzard with zero visibility.

I know other people use them for marking items, locations, and other stuff, but for me this is really the only thing I find them useful for.

Does anyone know if they degrade/fade away over time? I thought I read something about this being introduced, but I'm yet to see them fade.

Might wait until those 3 wolves move along too...
(PS4, Stalker, Survival, 248 Days in)

I've also used the magnifying glass and made single stick fires for this purpose. I use the two main cooking rocks as the "tail" of the arrow, and point them all in the direction I want to go. Takes a while but they're super visible during storms.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

On 6/11/2021 at 4:50 PM, Blacktiger1988 said:

There are different animals in The long dark. But there is no dogs. However, I found a dog's house. It makes gamer think - what happened with its little owner... Was it male or female? Was it rescued or eaten? If eaten - by whom? By starving people or by wolves?

IMG_20210612_094229.jpg

me:
poodles n noodles
slab o lab
beagle n biscuits
german shepard pie
kangal kabobs
terrier teriyaki
rottweiler rack o ribs
foxhound fricassee
chihuahua n chips

"dog tastes pretty good if you season it right..."