THE LONG DARK Updated to v 2.22 (Steam)

Admin

Hello Community,

We have just released our v2.22 (118386) Hotfix for THE LONG DARK (including Survival Edition), and TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY on Steam following the release of v2.21. 

GENERAL

• Gameplay - Fixed an issue that caused Water placed in Containers to disappear if a player exited and then re-entered a Scene, such as moving between an Interior or Exterior. 
  • Audio - Fixed and issue that could cause a Survivor’s voice to unintentionally change between voice options. 
  • Gameplay - Fixed an issue that prevented the benefits from Cooking Skill bonuses to apply to cooked food items.
  • Gameplay - Fixed various issues with Cooking, including an issue that caused meat to mistakenly increase in weight while being cooked and an issue where Recipes mistakenly used too many ingredients from the player’s inventory.
  • Gameplay - Fixed an issue that caused certain cooked items, such Tea and Coffee, to become cold as soon as the player picked them up. 

Please note that we continue to work toward a resolution for an issue where Calorie Bonuses are not applying correctly to some food items. We will provide more information as soon as it is available.

To check current releases on each platform, please visit our new Build Status Page

Please visit our Support Portal (or consult our Known Issues page) if you encounter any issues while playing the game. For additional news and information, don’t forget to sign up for our newsletter and follow us on Twitter (Game | Studio). 

### END OF RELEASE NOTES ###

• Upvote 8
  • Like 3

• Admin changed the title to THE LONG DARK Updated to v 2.22 (Steam)

I just loaded my stalker game after the update. I was in Grey Mother's house in Milton. When I exited the house I got stuck on the loading screen. It's just stuck there for several minutes before I force closed the game. Anyone else had this issue?  

Edit: I verified files in Steam (8 files failed to verify) and restarted my computer and now it appears to be working okay.

Edited by Retro Seamstress
Update

1 hour ago, Enigmaecho said:

When will console see ANY of these hotfixes?

I'm goimg to guess when they get a stable hotfix that doesnt introduce yet more bugs... In my opinion, id rather wait for a better patch than keep getting more bugs to replace thise that a patch fixes.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Cattleman said:

I'm goimg to guess when they get a stable hotfix that doesnt introduce yet more bugs... In my opinion, id rather wait for a better patch than keep getting more bugs to replace thise that a patch fixes.

Gotta agree there I think this is the one they'll put out to consoles (including other fixes) cause this is probably the most stable since 2.19.  You console guys definitely wouldn't have wanted to deal with those container issues, both were pretty gamebreaking.  One less than the other since it was just water but still.  As long as this doesn't break anything I'd say it's good to pass on.

Edited by rush247
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Cattleman said:

Yes and it would be one thing if they were just fixing the things that 2.0 and 2.1 introduced so they could get the working patch out to everyone, but they’re aren’t, they’re adding a dozen more fixes with the potential to introduce even more new bugs which will be another round of delays to patch console and I’d rather not wait weeks while they play wack a mole with bugs. At this point I’d take the empty containers because all I keep in them is water and firewood and I can’t progress any of my goals in the run until the variants aren’t bugged, the recipes aren’t bugged, the mementos aren’t bugged and the gold nugget isn’t bugged. 

Oh... I didn't even see it this morning.
Well done, thank you again, Hinterland.

snoopy-dance-78mg565q3mvaaf98.gif.72b10dfd889375363a73e839680f44fc.gif

:coffee::fire::coffee:

17 hours ago, Admin said:

Gameplay - Fixed an issue that caused Water placed in Containers to disappear if a player exited and then re-entered a Scene, such as moving between an Interior or Exterior. 

Good, so Molly won't be coming by again to steal more of my stuff... 
I mean I was willing to let bygones be bygones, but really didn't want it to become a habit for her. :D 

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 3

On 7/19/2023 at 6:37 PM, Enigmaecho said:

When will console see ANY of these hotfixes?

Absolutely. Some new bugs were introduced following the initial Hotfix, and we have been working to release fixes for those while ensuring the same issues do not make their way over to consoles. We hope to share more information in the very near future. 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

a serious bug: already twice while in ash canyon upon re-entering first a cabin then the bunker I was sent to the main menu with the message "failed to load save" or something like that. I didn't do anything out of the ordinary, just left the building skinned a deer nearby, then intended to re-enter to place the hide inside, but as I said was sent to the menu.

I think I read about that bug somewhere, but not sure if it was before or after the last patch. but anyway, it's still there ...

On 8/6/2023 at 10:55 AM, nGueRRe said:

a serious bug: already twice while in ash canyon upon re-entering first a cabin then the bunker I was sent to the main menu with the message "failed to load save" or something like that. I didn't do anything out of the ordinary, just left the building skinned a deer nearby, then intended to re-enter to place the hide inside, but as I said was sent to the menu.

I think I read about that bug somewhere, but not sure if it was before or after the last patch. but anyway, it's still there ...

Thank you for reaching out about this issue. Have you filed a ticket via the Support Portal? We suggest doing so, and attaching a save file so we can investigate more closely: http://hinterlandgames.com/support 

Locating your saved games folder: https://hinterlandgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020342871-Locating-your-Saved-Games-Folder 

As a first step, we also suggest verifying your game files, and uninstalling/reinstalling the game to see if that helps: https://hinterlandgames.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020344831-Troubleshooting-Crashing-or-Graphics-Issues?

We appreciate any additional information you can provide, and look forward to helping you further. 

• Admin unpinned this topic