TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY, Part Two is Here!

Admin

On 4/2/2023 at 6:57 AM, TheOtherBob said:

If interloper is not meant to be an exploration mode, why are there polaroids in interloper? Why does Faithful Cartographer work in interloper?  Finally, why did Hinterland just add empty prepper caches hidden in the least traveled parts of nine of the maps to interloper?

Polaroids:players who have not yet memorized the map use these to map them out. cartographer:just because you can get this achievement does not mean that interloper is an exploratory mode, the game in no way pushes you to do this in loper mode and it is a choice by the player, not the game devs. prepper chaches:loot

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Some battles never end ...  

i very much so agree. We are going in circles at this point. Basically just “why is it not in loper?” Because the loot is to good for loper mode. “Well what if i just want to do it for the story?” Well then play it in stalker. “But why can i do it in interloper?” This is never going to end

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, TheOtherBob said:

They just added assloads more loot to the game that constantly refreshes after every blizzard and all you have to do is go pick it up, yet they totally couldn't possibly add the Signal Void tale to interloper because they were afraid to upset the loot balance.  It's laughable.

Are you just ignoring what i said above? The point of beachcombing is to allow for refreshable loot in the late game where everything else in the world has been exhausted. Your argument is that the game doesn't have a finite amount of time before you just can’t live anymore. This shouldn’t be a conversation in the first place, nobody is forcing you guys to play loper mode, you can easily switch to a different mode and poof, the problem is gone. I made an entirely new game on a mode that allowed for the tale so i could experience it and its great. 

Edited by Moosemaster
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, TheOtherBob said:

Because they were added to get people to explore the maps 🤦‍♂️

If they are added to get people to explore the maps why are they empty? There is no reason to explore to find them so it is not the game trying to make you explore it is YOUR decision to explore 

Edited by Moosemaster

1 minute ago, TheOtherBob said:

Yes I'm ignoring what you said above because the loot you find in the containers that wash up is not just the old beach combing loot and it doesn't wash up on a set schedule that's like every 20 days, it's literally after every blizzard now.  It's watering down the difficulty of the game in exactly the same way they claim to be avoiding by not including the Signal Void tale.

Your argument at this point is nothing but a red herring. Containers and boats are not a very common occurrence. It has in no way watered down the difficulty of the mode

26 minutes ago, Moosemaster said:

Are you just ignoring what i said above? The point of beachcombing is to allow for refreshable loot in the late game where everything else in the world has been exhausted. Your argument is that the game doesn't have a finite amount of time before you just can’t live anymore. This shouldn’t be a conversation in the first place, nobody is forcing you guys to play loper mode, you can easily switch to a different mode and poof, the problem is gone. I made an entirely new game on a mode that allowed for the tale so i could experience it and its great. 

I'm not sure why other people are still bothering to discuss this with you to be honest, you clearly don't want to understand our side 🤷‍♀️

• Upvote 3

You claimed interloper isn't an exploration mode.  Hinterland is adding stuff that directly contradicts you.  Simple as.  You obviously can't even keep track of your own debate points.  I'm done here

You claim interloper is an exploration mode. Yet your evidence is only things that the PLAYER chooses to go after. Not something that provide any survival help. You obviously have no real evidence and are using nothing but ad hominem and red herring to redirect the conversation. You have no real debate point. Checkmate

I watched Kimiota beach comb Desolation Point and Crumbling Highway in interloper yesterday and he got multiple boats and multiple containers in one pass.

So a guy gets lucky and suddenly that is evidence? That’s like saying gambaling is good cuz I won.

4 minutes ago, Renn said:

I'm not sure why other people are still bothering to discuss this with you to be honest, you clearly don't want to understand our side 🤷‍♀️

I do understand your side. And I have given you an alternative means to do the story while getting your difficulty fix. You refuse to accept it and instead wish to fight about it. I see no way how I am the one who doesn't “understand your side” 

8 minutes ago, TheOtherBob said:

If it provided survival help, it wouldn't be for the sake of exploration, would it???  Dear lord.  Goodbye.

Prepped chaches provide survival help for exploring to find them. And in loper they are empty so not there to make you want to explore. Polaroids help newer players learn the map, however newer players won’t be in loper, not a reason for exploration. Things that provide survival help can only be achieved by finding them hidden in the world. AKA exploring. Goodbye

Edited by Moosemaster
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TheOtherBob said:

They just added assloads more loot to the game that constantly refreshes after every blizzard and all you have to do is go pick it up, yet they totally couldn't possibly add the Signal Void tale to interloper because they were afraid to upset the loot balance.  It's laughable.

I"m currently doing a custom run with blizzards off as a test and, as best I can tell, they have just actually made beachcombing tied to actual blizzards rather than timed respawns.  Loot from beachcoming was always "constantly refreshing."  Now, at least, it seems there has to be a blizzard for it to refresh.

I would say they've perhaps been a little too generous in allowing more exotic loot to spawn via beachcombing; but they could always scale that back to just finding little things like saplings, tin cans, and the odd feather or arrowhead.

39 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Custom indeed but they could make the feats work for that too.

I'd be absolutely down for there being a toggle to turn prepper bunkers, plane crashes, etc. on or off in custom.  Moar toggles please... the more they are the more variety I can build into my various runs 😀  Not sure whether there's a technical limitation on how many they can add... but yes... please... as many as can be done.

ETA:  Custom = liberation (of the player for the player by the player).  If I set up a custom run and I don't like the "resulting difficulty" of it, I have no one to blame but myself... no point in ragging on the devs over it.

Edited by UpUpAway95
  • Like 1

This has definitely been my least favorite major TLD update since Steadfast Ranger. The singnal thing isn't very interesting (tried it out in Stalker even though it was tedious to have to do that) and the other things seem lackluster too. Not feeling the buzz. The only really positiv aspect has been acorns, I really like how they have multiple uses and you actually have to prepare them in multistep ways. Also they are not OP like they could have been. I'm also interested in seeing the new oak tree placements in old maps. But that's about it. The next update can't come soon enough.

Edited by Mistral
  • Upvote 1

On 4/2/2023 at 7:33 AM, TheOtherBob said:

I want the gameplay.  I want the engaging exclusive new content I paid for and then made a new interloper character, levelled her for 50+ days, and parked her in broken railroad for, just so I could play this tale with her.

Bingo. All it would have taken was a warning. But nah, they did a rugpull. I am over 100 days in, all setting up for this since my previous 500+ day interloper run was declared null & void on the previous update - but at least we were warned beforehand, so that one was OK by me. This one feels like a purposeful sucker punch.

Edited by Kranium
  • Upvote 4

20 minutes ago, Kranium said:

Bingo. All it would have taken was a warning. But nah, they did a rugpull. I am over 100 days in, all setting up for this since my previous 500+ day interloper run was declared null & void on the previous update - but at least we were warned beforehand, so that one was OK by me. This one feels like a purposeful sucker punch.

Doubt that all it would have taken was a warning.  You might have been OK, but others still griped about it.

You're on PC and people have already modded it to suit them, so... you should be good.  That just leaves players who can't mod on console and who are so stubborn that they can't play 3 hours on lower difficult to experience the Tale (and don't lament about all the prep it takes because, on a lower difficulty, it takes almost none). 

Honestly, I do hope, HL will rethink it and eventually change the standard Loper to include it so those who are simply being stubborn and won't even consider playing a custom game where they have some choice can at last stop complaining about all the ways in which the standard Loper difficulty doesn't suit them.

... and I'm sure they won't think twice if the next Tale excludes Pilgrim difficulty (because maybe HL won't want to make a "passive" version of the cougar, an apex predator) about telling those disappointed by it that they should just "git gud" and move on to Loper.

Edited by UpUpAway95
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Moosemaster said:

nobody is forcing you guys to play loper mode, you can easily switch to a different mode and poof, the problem is gone

Wow ! Just wow ! Time to listen to "Try a Little Tenderness" by Otis Redding 

After 2500 hours, I play Interloper or I don't play at all. I did start a new Interloper run to explore Forsaken Airfield and I'm happy it is quite a challenge with more than one close call.

I just tried a Stalker but game 15 mins real time inside, I looted enough food to get the well fed, ten sodas, a full pharmacy, full clothes, matches, hatchett and distress pistol. It's just too much for me.

Yet I fully support Hinterland for their great game and I wish it gets more players so the studio can goes on developping. The new features are great for people who discover the game and the maps 👍

• Upvote 5

45 minutes ago, UpUpAway95 said:

Doubt that all it would have taken was a warning.  You might have been OK, but others still griped about it.

You're on PC and people have already modded it to suit them, so... you should be good.  That just leaves players who can't mod on console and who are so stubborn that they can't play 3 hours on lower difficult to experience the Tale (and don't lament about all the prep it takes because, on a lower difficulty, it takes almost none). 

Honestly, I do hope, HL will rethink it and eventually change the standard Loper to include it so those who are simply being stubborn and won't even consider playing a custom game where they have some choice can at last stop complaining about all the ways in which the standard Loper difficulty doesn't suit them.

... and I'm sure they won't think twice if the next Tale excludes Pilgrim difficulty (because maybe HL won't want to make a "passive" version of the cougar, an apex predator) about telling those disappointed by it that they should just "git gud" and move on to Loper.

The mod isn't up to snuff yet, and I can't use mods on any of my PCs anyway. I am positive that will eventually be a 100% solution, though, so I'll be patient. That doesn't mean I won't post in order to ease the minds of anyone who may be too defensive/fragile or whatever it is that leads to that mindset. (see that all the time on forums which revolve around any product)

I'm with you regarding all the Custom stuff, though. The rest is projecting, however.

I typed too much. ugh

Edited by Kranium