The new rifles?

past caring

Just checking on this....am I right in thinking that though the new rifles arrive with the DLC, they're not necessarily located in Forsaken Airfield or the associated transition zones? - i.e. they could actually be located on any of the maps?

Just that I've pretty much completed my FA exploration and have yet to find any kind of rifle (on Pilgrim).

Found the Curator's Rifle on a dead guy by the gold mine in Ash Canyon, but it's in such terrible shape I haven't used it yet. Once I ransack the TWM Summit I'm gonna head to Blackrock to mill it back to health and see if it's any better than a regular rifle.

Edit: Has anyone managed to hang one of the new rifle variants on a rifle rack yet? The Curator's Rifle wouldn't slot into the one at Angler's in Ash Canyon, but I didn't have another rifle to compare so I'm not sure if it's a bugged rack, or if it's the rifle. And I don't see myself being at another location with a rifle rack for a while.

Edited by ajb1978

4 hours ago, ajb1978 said:

Found the Curator's Rifle on a dead guy by the gold mine in Ash Canyon, but it's in such terrible shape I haven't used it yet. Once I ransack the TWM Summit I'm gonna head to Blackrock to mill it back to health and see if it's any better than a regular rifle.

Edit: Has anyone managed to hang one of the new rifle variants on a rifle rack yet? The Curator's Rifle wouldn't slot into the one at Angler's in Ash Canyon, but I didn't have another rifle to compare so I'm not sure if it's a bugged rack, or if it's the rifle. And I don't see myself being at another location with a rifle rack for a while.

The variant rifles will not align with any weapon racks.

17 hours ago, ajb1978 said:

Yeah I reported it as a bug only the normal rifle goes on a rack still 

• Upvote 1

I found the Curator’s rifle in about the same spot.  I fixed it up and have been using it.  I have no way to know if it does more damage (maybe?), but the weight is the same.  It does look quite pretty, and I enjoy the sights.  
anecdotally, I did take out a moose with it, took two shots.  Usually they charge after the first shot but this one ran away after I plugged him center mass first time.  Finished him off with another center mass shot.  
I have hit deer and they ran off.  All wolves hit once have died instantly.   

3 hours ago, Bean said:

I found the Curator’s rifle in about the same spot.  I fixed it up and have been using it.  I have no way to know if it does more damage (maybe?), but the weight is the same.  It does look quite pretty, and I enjoy the sights.  
anecdotally, I did take out a moose with it, took two shots.  Usually they charge after the first shot but this one ran away after I plugged him center mass first time.  Finished him off with another center mass shot.  
I have hit deer and they ran off.  All wolves hit once have died instantly.   

here is what the curator's rifle does differently if you're interested. 

The curators' rifle is a direct upgrade to the stock rifle. 

The only difference is that the curators can shoot from x2 the distance away compared to stock.

Aka the bullet travels x2 as far before stopping