Known Issues and Updates - TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY [Updated Dec 20]

Admin

I've noticed sticks disappearing when I get close to them, which is odd. 

The one glitch that really hurt was that I managed to kill a bear in Ash Canyon on day 3 of my run,  late at night , but I didn't enter a building until he was dead. When I went out in the morning, there was a murder of crows circling over where he fell, but no carcass!! 

(Will be reporting this one once I get access to my main PC.)

Still loving all the new changes, even though I haven't made it to the Airfield yet.

• Admin changed the title to Known Issues and Updates - TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY [Updated Dec 16]
On 12/7/2022 at 4:47 AM, Admin said:

Hotfix v2.05 (106000) (Dec 16)

The fixes listed below are for Steam PC/Linux and Epic Games Store PC.

• Fixed a floating book in a Mystery Lake trailer by the Carter Dam
  • Fixed an issue where books appeared to disappear when dropped as a stack

I reported both issues and they have been fixed :) 😎 😍

The v2.05 [106000] hotfix created an issue on my system where the game doesn't launch after the initial Disclaimer screen, presenting a black screen instead. It is a relatively old Windows laptop (circa 2014) running Windows 10 Pro (2H22); the GPU is an integrated Intel HD4400. The version of the Long Dark is the one distributed via Steam.

The solution indicated on the Hinterland Support website for this specific problem ("Black screen after disclaimer") suggests installing the Media Feature Pack optional feature in Windows, but such feature doesn't appear for my system/Windows version. 

After spending 30 minutes in utter frustration trying several other things, what eventually worked was this:

• Select The Long Dark in your Steam Library and click on the gear button on the right:

1953278750_Screenshot2022-12-17125957.png.30cfb203603496a6fc0a420a9c1ced11.png

• In the menu that appears, select Manage > Browse local files
  • This will open a new window in the File Explorer showing the root directory of your TLD installation within Steam. There are various executable files here: I double-clicked on tld_borderless_dx9 and the game launched without issues. I believe this is an option that instructs the game to launch with an older version of DirectX.  

While it's not really a bother to launch The Long Dark this way, I really hope a subsequent update will fix this issue. The game was running just fine prior to installing the v2.05 [106000] update.

Edited by Morrick
  • Upvote 1

Ash Canyon: When you're going through the inner cave that leads to the way to the mine,  there is a puddle of icy water, when you step into that water you get an invisible waterfall action, you get hypothermia and your torch gets extinguished.

Ash Canyon, Firewatch Lookout: invisible rope. I tied the rope and could climb it down, but can't see it. XD

Edited by tulkawendark

• Admin changed the title to Known Issues and Updates - TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY [Updated Dec 20]

Timberwolves aren't scared of the marine flares once so ever. I had one on voyager attacking me, nearly hit him in the face with it three times and that brought down the fear meter by like miserly 3% maybe? Overall, they didn't seem too scared, pistol shots hardly made a dent in fear factor, even when I grazed them. Something is broken with the fear meter.

• Upvote 1

• Interloper spawns seem poorly randomized. Out of 20ish starts, 13 were Blackrock, and 10ish of those were the same spot (The others were: 2 PV, 2 HRV,  2 TWM, 1 ... forgotten)

Do any of these issues in my current Interloper (PV start) run sound familiar to others?

• I dropped a snared rabbit inside the house on Jackrabbit Island to harvest when it thawed, and it disappeared (85% condition upon drop) within less than one game day after exiting the building, heading to Misanthrope, Quonset, and returning to JI.
  • I loaded up with loot from PV and headed to CH. Upon exiting the mine on the CH side, my inventory reverted to an older save, but my worn clothes did not.
  • FWIW,  the inventory issues did not occur for me when I was naming my save. When I let it use the default Sandbox 1, I started having issues.
  • Did snares placed in a wind-sheltered location previously have a chance to be ruined on only their second use?
  • Timberwolves (Blackrock) do not appear to have any fear of  marine flares when held or thrown.
  • Wolves appear to be unafraid of me when I am lighting a fire using a lit torch, and give no notice before attacking (Quonset area)
  • Harvesting Doe gut with a hacksaw and adding .5kg of meat only increases the harvest time by 5 minutes

Hi, its happened to me twice so far in TM. I was not able to apply antibiotic and in the second situation couldn't use bandage. I was clicking on USE button with no effect. In the first case game reload fixed problem. In the second case I drop 6 bandages and pick only one and it works.

On 12/17/2022 at 7:15 AM, Morrick said:

The v2.05 [106000] hotfix created an issue on my system where the game doesn't launch after the initial Disclaimer screen, presenting a black screen instead. It is a relatively old Windows laptop (circa 2014) running Windows 10 Pro (2H22); the GPU is an integrated Intel HD4400. The version of the Long Dark is the one distributed via Steam.

I have the same problem. Lauching with dx9 worked for me just fine ! Thank you !

On 12/17/2022 at 10:42 PM, Honest said:

the coal in the transition cave between milton and mystery spawns stacked and it seems that it spawns too often and / or too much compared to my experience prior the TFTFT update

Happens in the Transition Cave between Winding River and Pleasant Valley as well. Sticks, Coal, Branches and Stones are affected.

screen_99e2ad3c-57a1-46dd-9f45-3693c700f61f_hi.png

Edited by metatron04
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Honest said:

how to activate this additional informations on the upper left corner?

If you're on PC, press F8 to save a screenshot to your desktop with the debugging info.  I have no idea what the console equivalent is.

Edited by MrWolf
  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1