Known Issues and Updates - TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY [Updated Dec 20]

Admin

got a bug with snow shelters. Found one already existent near of clear cut/mystery lake, went in and I guess the bug was caused by reloading a revolver and switching to inventory. the view changed to the rear of the shelter and it was impossible to look around / get out of the shelter, had to quit the game and start from the last save checkpoint.

snowshelter bug.png

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Honest said:

got a bug with snow shelters. Found one already existent near of clear cut/mystery lake, went in and I guess the bug was caused by reloading a revolver and switching to inventory. the view changed to the rear of the shelter and it was impossible to look around / get out of the shelter, had to quit the game and start from the last save checkpoint.

snowshelter bug.png

If you haven't already, submit a bug report with as much detail as you can provide

• Upvote 1

Blackrock ammunition bench does not allow you to make bullets. Tried during aura and outside it. Pressing the make button doesn't do anything.

Timberwovles morale meter is still askew. I hit one with the curator's rifle that dropped him dead within minutes and the dent this made in their fear factor is laugh worthy.

Edited by tulkawendark
  • Upvote 1

On 12/28/2022 at 5:14 AM, Honest said:

snowshelter bug.png

That's happened to quite a few people in snowshelters now

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, tulkawendark said:

I found a rifle cleaning kit and a bullet casing on Custom Interloper.

Open cave between Milton and ML has a backpack that can't be opened.

I have found on regular interloper:

Revolver

20-30 rifle and revolver cartridges

Fisherman's sweater

Snow pants

and

(the big one) real, stalker-style hunting knife

I think the sprinkling of better loot in interloper is intentional.  Most of it doesn't mean much, but the hunting knife and fisherman's sweater are awesome.  The revolver barely matters except as base decoration because there's relatively little ammunition for it, and all interloper players end up at level five archery if they live that long.

• Upvote 1

On 12/29/2022 at 8:32 PM, Mistral said:

That's happened to quite a few people in snowshelters now

On 12/28/2022 at 5:14 AM, Honest said:

snowshelter bug.png

It just happened to me on a massive snow storm during night in Forsaken Airfield - Drift Island snow shelter, I barely managed to escape after almost half an hour quitting and reloading the game. Few times I managed to get out of the shelter, but the mouse was locked on forward direction with a very narrow angle to turn left or right. I had to make a fire next to a tree, pass one hour to save and then reload.

I would not like to be in QA of Hinterland. There are huge amount of minor UI bugs/ glitches , sound issues etc

I filled like 30 bug report. I do not expect that I will have email update for every single one. But it would be nice to have some comprehensive list/update about current bugs. Cannot wait for bug fixes.

• Upvote 4

13 hours ago, vlgligor said:

It just happened to me on a massive snow storm during night in Forsaken Airfield - Drift Island snow shelter, I barely managed to escape after almost half an hour quitting and reloading the game. Few times I managed to get out of the shelter, but the mouse was locked on forward direction with a very narrow angle to turn left or right. I had to make a fire next to a tree, pass one hour to save and then reload.

The Drift Island snowshelter is completely cursed and broken I'm afraid... and frankly the location for it is weird too given you have a cabin next to it. Even if the island is otherwise my favorite location in the game.

On 12/27/2022 at 8:14 PM, Honest said:

snowshelter bug.png

I just had this with the snow shelter in HRV at the signal fire. It happened when I tried to exit. No gun

I noticed today that car hoods that I've left open and visors I've checked are for some reason reverting back to their original position. I didn't have a chance to test what causes it but just throwing this out there if anyone else has seen this

2 hours ago, nyfo29 said:

I noticed today that car hoods that I've left open and visors I've checked are for some reason reverting back to their original position. I didn't have a chance to test what causes it but just throwing this out there if anyone else has seen this

yes this happens to me also. Same with visors in cars. Filled ticket already about the visors. I hope this is not a feature

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

noticed about the snowshelter issue that I came back to this shelter yesterday and it seems that there were 2 placed in one another, one has 88% the other is destroyed. Maybe this is the cause of the issue or even a new one as it seems that there was an update the past few days and the coals are not stacked within each other in the caves anymore.

But yes, a public list, updated regularly that shows all the current reported bugs and the status of work / solve / implementation would be a good thing that would help the community to make this "bug bounty" a bit more efficient ;)

I'm getting intermittent crashes to desktop. It seems to be related to number of sources of light, but isn't really predictable. I've also noticed that when I've played for a long time (amount of time is variable, though) that the frame rate becomes very poor; the fix is to completely exit and restart the game.

I've submitted a bug for both the degraded performance and the crashing to desktop along with Player.logs of the time the crashes occurred. Playing on linux on an all-AMD system. Are any other linux players experiencing intermittent crashes or performance problems?

Edited by stratvox
fixed a failed attempt at markup

My Voyageur run is afflicted by loading screens between regions never loading.

Trying to pass between Coastal Highway and Ravine is impossible as the loading screen never completes loading.  No walking animal in right bottom corner and mouse cursor never re-appears.  Game crashes and I end up restarting the computer to close TLD.  Same issue trying to travel between Pleasant Valley and TWM.

What does continue to work is moving between regions where your first travel through a mine.

On 12/17/2022 at 4:15 AM, Morrick said:

The v2.05 [106000] hotfix created an issue on my system where the game doesn't launch after the initial Disclaimer screen, presenting a black screen instead. It is a relatively old Windows laptop (circa 2014) running Windows 10 Pro (2H22); the GPU is an integrated Intel HD4400. The version of the Long Dark is the one distributed via Steam.

The solution indicated on the Hinterland Support website for this specific problem ("Black screen after disclaimer") suggests installing the Media Feature Pack optional feature in Windows, but such feature doesn't appear for my system/Windows version. 

After spending 30 minutes in utter frustration trying several other things, what eventually worked was this:

• Select The Long Dark in your Steam Library and click on the gear button on the right:

1953278750_Screenshot2022-12-17125957.png.30cfb203603496a6fc0a420a9c1ced11.png

• In the menu that appears, select Manage > Browse local files
  • This will open a new window in the File Explorer showing the root directory of your TLD installation within Steam. There are various executable files here: I double-clicked on tld_borderless_dx9 and the game launched without issues. I believe this is an option that instructs the game to launch with an older version of DirectX.  

While it's not really a bother to launch The Long Dark this way, I really hope a subsequent update will fix this issue. The game was running just fine prior to installing the v2.05 [106000] update.

Thank you for posting. We are still receiving reports that the game is not launching properly for some Survivors, and we are actively investigating this issue. If anyone is experiencing a loading issue, please file a ticket via our Support Portal.

On 12/27/2022 at 7:14 PM, Honest said:

snowshelter bug.png

Thank you for posting, and we're sorry to hear you experienced this issue. If you haven't already, please file a ticket via our Support Portal. This helps us to better track the volume and severity of issues. 

On 1/7/2023 at 2:31 PM, Blizzard Walker said:

My Voyageur run is afflicted by loading screens between regions never loading.

Trying to pass between Coastal Highway and Ravine is impossible as the loading screen never completes loading.  No walking animal in right bottom corner and mouse cursor never re-appears.  Game crashes and I end up restarting the computer to close TLD.  Same issue trying to travel between Pleasant Valley and TWM.

What does continue to work is moving between regions where your first travel through a mine.

Thank you for posting. Have you filed a ticket on this issue? We would be happy to investigate via our Support Portal. We appreciate your patience and look forward to assisting you further. 

16 minutes ago, Admin said:

Thank you for posting. Have you filed a ticket on this issue? We would be happy to investigate via our Support Portal. We appreciate your patience and look forward to assisting you further. 

Hi.  I have filed a ticket on this issue.  So far I have received a robo response but nothing else. 

My computer is the HP PC I purchased in July 2022. It worked fine pre-update and will still work fine post update via Time Capsule with my old game save.  Entering into buildings and transition caves works fine.  Exiting a transition cave to a connecting region works fine.  Moving directly from region to region such as ML to Ravine or CH to Ravine is what crashes the computer.

2 minutes ago, Blizzard Walker said:

Hi.  I have filed a ticket on this issue.  So far I have received a robo response but nothing else. 

My computer is the HP PC I purchased in July 2022. It worked fine pre-update and will still work fine post update via Time Capsule with my old game save.  Entering into buildings and transition caves works fine.  Exiting a transition cave to a connecting region works fine.  Moving directly from region to region such as ML to Ravine or CH to Ravine is what crashes the computer.

Responses may be somewhat delayed following the holiday break, but if you haven't received a response in the next few days, please don't hesitate to reach out again via DM. Also, we suggest checking your spam folder just in case as some Support responses end up there in error. Thank you for your patience! 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/1/2023 at 2:54 AM, I_eat_only_wolf_meat said:

I have found on regular interloper:

Revolver

20-30 rifle and revolver cartridges

Fisherman's sweater

Snow pants

and

(the big one) real, stalker-style hunting knife

I think the sprinkling of better loot in interloper is intentional.  Most of it doesn't mean much, but the hunting knife and fisherman's sweater are awesome.  The revolver barely matters except as base decoration because there's relatively little ammunition for it, and all interloper players end up at level five archery if they live that long.

I found the hunting knife on a corpsicle in hrv ice cave, and wool mittens likewise on a corpse in fm. I don't mind this at all, it's fun to find this stuff and it makes no big difference as you said, though if it's intentional maybe hinterland could tell us so people could stop bringing it up as a bug..?

• Upvote 2