Trader in TLD?! NO!

Ok, I don't know why I was so hesitant to give my opinion on this... But here we go, better late than never.

I'm personally fine with there being a trader, Hinterland has planned on (or at least talked about) adding NPCs to survival mode for a while ago. But they've been rather hesitant to do so, because a large portion of the player base really loves being alone in what is likely one of the most isolated places on earth. I mean, this thread is proof of that. 

I'm guessing Tales will perhaps be a mix of survival mode, but have some elements of story mode tossed in. Like an NPC, some optional narrative challenges that are similar to side quests. If so, than Tales will be disconnected from standard survival mode (in a good way hopefully). So I'm fine with an NPC being there because of that.

12 hours ago, SpanishMoss said:

My guess for how they intend to implement the trader will have to do with the shortwave radio.

They (hopefully) won't ever actually have another person, but rather someone directing you to caches, for a price. For example, you leave something in a bin somewhere, and are given instructions to find a cache across the map, thus preventing you from ever encountering the actual person

Thank you for trying to get back to the topic ;)