If you could have only one map?

Leeanda

If you could only have one map which would it be. And what would you change ? 

I'd keep pleasant valley  but remove some of the bare fields around the farm and add some birch trees maybe another small lake or pond. I'd like a small forge near  the town too. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

I would like to have Costal Highway as the one map. It has everything a survivor would need food wise, with plenty of fishing locations, bear, deer, wolves, and a moose spawn. It makes good use of its space, even on the frozen ice, and there's a structure in just about every nook and cranny, making exploration pay off. 

If it was the only map, then I would probably move the Riken and its forge to somewhere on the ice, preferably on the ice nearing the transition towards crumbling highway, where the ice is rather barren. 

Other than that, Costal Highway is perfect to be a one and only region. Just my opinion though. I'm interested in hearing the ideas of others.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Smellyfries said:

I would like to have Costal Highway as the one map. It has everything a survivor would need food wise, with plenty of fishing locations, bear, deer, wolves, and a moose spawn. It makes good use of its space, even on the frozen ice, and there's a structure in just about every nook and cranny, making exploration pay off. 

If it was the only map, then I would probably move the Riken and its forge to somewhere on the ice, preferably on the ice nearing the transition towards crumbling highway, where the ice is rather barren. 

Other than that, Costal Highway is perfect to be a one and only region. Just my opinion though. I'm interested in hearing the ideas of others.

I can imagine that the Riken would be really fitting for coastal highway too!  And despite all the huts  out there ,there is still quite a large amount of empty space!

Timberwolf mountain. Cause it's never boring. Wildlife is plenty and as the bears tend to pop up behind the hills there's always the element of surprise. I like the idea of playing with changing the map. I would replace one of the caves with a more complex ice cave. Lets build a pond on top of the mountain and the planewreck resting in it. And a waterfall leading all the way down to the lake by the mountaineer's hut. But instead of the hut there should be a building similar to Paradise Meadow's farm. The roof can be broken for temp drop, the point is more room, storage and detailed interiors. And the globe, got to have the globe. A little more resources and crates here and there on the map would be nice. The bear closest to the hut Mountaineer's Meadow's farm could have a constant aurora affliction and only produce rank meat. A pile of metal waiting to be converted to fish hooks could be waiting in one of the crates. But where should we put the forge? Perhaps next to Eric's falls, with a little more wildlife and natural resources it could be an interesting place to stay snowsheltered for a few nights.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, manolitode said:

Timberwolf mountain. Cause it's never boring. Wildlife is plenty and as the bears tend to pop up behind the hills there's always the element of surprise. I like the idea of playing with changing the map. I would replace one of the caves with a more complex ice cave. Lets build a pond on top of the mountain and the planewreck resting in it. And a waterfall leading all the way down to the lake by the mountaineer's hut. But instead of the hut there should be a building similar to Paradise Meadow's farm. The roof can be broken for temp drop, the point is more room, storage and detailed interiors. And the globe, got to have the globe. A little more resources and crates here and there on the map would be nice. The bear closest to the hut Mountaineer's Meadow's farm could have a constant aurora affliction and only produce rank meat. A pile of metal waiting to be converted to fish hooks could be waiting in one of the crates. But where should we put the forge? Perhaps next to Eric's falls, with a little more wildlife and natural resources it could be an interesting place to stay snowsheltered for a few nights.

Love the idea of a waterfall from the summit!  And as much as I like the Hut it certainly needs more storage space!🙂

I'm with @manolitode on this one.  
Out of all the areas to choose from, this region does provide for the most compact yet rugged area that the island has to offer.
No indoor loading screens, a definitely tenable dwelling complete with workbench and built in storage.  Ice fishing shack nearby as
well as copious amounts of wildlfe, both aggressive and passive so suit your playstyle.  Not to mention the abundance of reoccuring fuel firewood
adjacent to the hut.  Plenty of caves scattered about as well and of course there is the spectacular view from the summit!  (not to mention some good loot
in those cargo containers...)

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, hozz1235 said:

Bleak Inlet - the one map with it all!  6-burner stove, fishing, forge, workbench, ammo-bench, deer, rabbit, bear, moose, caves, indoor areas...am I missing anything?

A nice big house with lots of storage in? 

On 3/21/2022 at 4:31 PM, SpanishMoss said:

Forge

On 3/21/2022 at 4:15 PM, hozz1235 said:

Bleak Inlet - the one map with it all!  6-burner stove, fishing, forge, workbench, ammo-bench, deer, rabbit, bear, moose, caves, indoor areas...am I missing anything?

That's true no forge me broken railroad anyday  it has 3 possible stims  and possible heavy hammer  and even lots of hatchet it's great for hunting with maybe a tad to many wolves lots of supplies and it's just over all a nice place to be on interloper it's possible to stay only there there's a hammer always on interloper and maple saplings birch ones to a forge and on lower difficulties there is always a revolver or rifle in the hunting lodge (limited ammo tho)

11 hours ago, Bearimpaler101 said:

And yes you are missing something @hozz1235 your missing the possible bearskin  bed roll in the lookout tower as well as an almost guaranteed expidition parka in the echo one radio tower

Thanks for pointing that out, but I wasn't considering spawns.  If we are, I would have TWM's cargo containers dropped in the zone!

• Upvote 1

I'd say TWM or BR (broken railroad) if we're unable to tweak things but if we could I'd say good old Mystery Lake. It has plenty of houses and wildlife spawns and is a decent size. I'd throw a forge in the dam and then it would be perfect. Being the first ever region, to me its one of the best, with a nice wilderness:structures ratio. 

Edited by Catlover

7 minutes ago, Catlover said:

I'd say TWM or BR (broken railroad) if we're unable to tweak things but if we could I'd say good old Mystery Lake. It has plenty of houses and wildlife spawns and is a decent size. I'd throw a forge in the dam and then it would be perfect. Being the first ever region, to me its one of the best, with a nice wilderness:structures ratio. 

You can tweak it. I added a pond and changed a few bits round the farm. But anything goes!😁

I have spent most time from my runs in the Coastal Highway. So I think this is my choice. I suspect I would not leave it at all if there would be forge. There is something relaxing in the ocean view. I know there is ocean in Desolation Point and Bleak Inlet. But Coastal Highway is somehow somewhat peaceful. Maybe the remnants of industry in BI and DP is disturbing the peace.

Second choice would be Pleasant Valley.

• Upvote 2

I would go with Coastal Highway also.

It doesn't have the amazing high vistas that others do, but I find it very beautiful & relaxing. Clear trails, varied and easy to get to resources and many choices of housing, from simple one room cabins to well appointed 2-story homes.

I like the idea of moving the "Riken" to one side of the map -- either just beyond the Waterfront Cottages on the East or all the way to the other side, where the Bridge over Bear Creek is located (my preference).

Add an ammo bench in the Quonset Garage (replace the 2nd work bench) and fireplaces (or wood stoves) in Misanthropes & Jackrabbit houses. Might need some more sources of scrap metal eventually (but adding the ship would help somewhat there).

Maybe add a church and/or a lighthouse too? Just because ☺️

• Like 1

17 hours ago, twyn1 said:

Add an ammo bench in the Quonset Garage

IMO more logical place for ammo bench are those two cabins N or NW on the map. The Quonset is garage so it should stay as such. Hunters need re-arming so the ammo bench should be there. It can be outside since these cabins are somewhat small. And making bullets with fear a bear is looking over your shoulder... Nice

8 hours ago, acada said:

IMO more logical place for ammo bench are those two cabins N or NW on the map. The Quonset is garage so it should stay as such. Hunters need re-arming so the ammo bench should be there. It can be outside since these cabins are somewhat small. And making bullets with fear a bear is looking over your shoulder... Nice

Not sure I'd want to put an ammo bench outside any of those cabins, since I really like how secluded and quiet they are, a basic tiny home with no modern amenities (they could all use a pot belly stove, but otherwise no big upgrades).

An ammo bench on that side of the map could be placed at the Fishing Camp, but not as a replacement for the work bench that's already there (and you would still have the danger of the bear wandering thru)

-----------------------------------

I forgot to add that I'd also "import" the Birch Woods from PV to my Coastal Highway map ... that could go in the area where those cabins are, since there already is some Birch up there, but not in such a beautiful and vast array.

• Upvote 1

😄 I would so live on any of those maps since I like all of those ideas! Though, in nearly every game I choose Mystery Lake as my main base.

How about we also call on the Ash Canyon for a challenge. If you replace that fire watch cabin with something roomier, stove and storage wise, it would be a good location. There is fishing and moose down the rope. Up the rope you've got rabbits and a bear (also place the forge in the barn in the bear area). The crampons and the roomier backpack as a bonus would help you traverse those ropes. It's a big map, so, you won't run out of dangerous and exciting places to explore any time soon.😉

Edited by tulkawen