The Long Dark Hotfixed to v1.80 [63997]

Admin

1055906584_WintersEmbrace_CoverImage_800x450.jpeg.2741c1825b230983540e7f6354a9d014.jpeg

We’ve released our v1.80 (63997) Hotfix for WINTER'S EMBRACE to turn off Cabin Fever for players while participating in the Event. If you encounter any issues while playing The Long Dark please visit our Support Portal.

To stay up-to-date with news and information about The Long Dark and Hinterland, sign up for our newsletter and follow us on Twitter (Game | Studio).

THE LONG DARK v1.80 (63997) CHANGELIST

GENERAL FIXES

• [General] Cabin Fever disabled when playing WINTER’S EMBRACE
  • [General] Players who are currently suffering from Cabin Fever while playing Winter’s Embrace will automatically recover after loading their WINTER’S EMBRACE save.

### END OF CHANGELIST ###

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Personally I was really looking forward to wrestling with cabin fever...

:coffee::fire::coffee:
Oh well, if Cabin Fever was always intended to be off... then fine, I'm glad they fixed it to be as they intended.
But if it was because of complaints... then I think that would be unfortunate.

In either case, I'm always impressed by how quickly they can get follow up patches out to us. :)

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 1

I was actually enjoying the cabin fever risk with this. Managing your temperature as well as time inside/outside was a new play style for me. Now i feel i can camp indoors and just use a workbench all day (instead of setting up camp outdoors at a workbench  (Mountain town/Coastal Highway/Forlorn Muskeg) 

• Like 1

Even if Cabin Fever is turned off, I think I'm still going to make sure I'm spending as much time as possible outside.
:) I guess I'll just use the inside/outside totals as the guide
.  If I start getting a largely disproportionate number of ours indoors, then I'll just role play cabin fever and do a little cave living. :D

:coffee::fire::coffee:

• Upvote 1

When I received a message telling me that I had been awarded my 25-day badge I felt inclined to visit the Steam website, I'm not sure why.

To my surprise there was a HotFix 1.80, to do with Cabin Fever.  I started a game in PV, for advanced users, and wasn't having a particular problem with Cabin Fever.  PV is always bloody cold. It was even colder this time and made worse because I was starting a new game with zero skill levels.  Surviving before finding warm clothes, a hacksaw, an axe and a knife was a much bigger problem then Cabin Fever. 

Because of Cabin Fever I always spend as little time inside my base/shelter. Whenever I have mundane tasks such as repairing clothes I usually pop outside to the lee side of the building and do my repair,  reading or whatever, outside . If there is a car or tractor near the building I retreat to that and sleep in that.  That was not so good in the early days of Winter's Embrace in PV as my clothing gave me very little thermal protection, but by spending a few of the warmer daylight hours in a car I could return to shelter in the cold hours, warm up and manage to avoid Cabin Fever.

Edited by peteloud
  • Upvote 1

On the summit, I was able to open the same container twice. the ones with lantern, peanut butter, coffe and tea, for example.

Later, I realized that the containers are overlapped, ther are one inside of the other, the same way we used to find in some fishing cabins.

I did not test in another run, please can someone confirm this?

• Upvote 1

On 6/30/2020 at 10:17 PM, romerabr said:

On the summit, I was able to open the same container twice. the ones with lantern, peanut butter, coffe and tea, for example.

Later, I realized that the containers are overlapped, ther are one inside of the other, the same way we used to find in some fishing cabins.

I did not test in another run, please can someone confirm this?

I had the same thing happen, on two different runs. You can hacksaw the hinges, then when the door opens, you can see a second door inside the first. If you angle the camera just right, you get the padlock icon again and can loot the "second" container that spawned inside the first. I had three different containers do this.

I was able to screen shot the two different containers. The left side one, you can see the logo inside the container, the right side one, you see the door of the second container.

cargo glitch.png

Edited by eric4x4
add images
  • Like 1

On 6/30/2020 at 4:00 PM, ManicManiac said:

In either case, I'm always impressed by how quickly they can get follow up patches out to us. :)

As  software developer myself, I'm also pretty impressed by this. Way to be Agile, Hinterland! 👍

On 6/30/2020 at 7:00 PM, Shadowstitch said:

As someone who has been self-quarantined in a comfy apartment for over a month I can safely say that cabin fever is a myth. 🤪

The Mythbusters actually had a pretty funny episode on cabin fever

• Upvote 1

• Admin unpinned, unfeatured and locked this topic