THE LONG DARK Updated to v 2.31

Hello Community,

We have just released our v2.31 (137484) Hotfix for THE LONG DARK (including Survival Edition) and TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY on Steam and Epic Games Store. Please note that WINTERMUTE’s version number has not changed. This Hotfix addresses multiple issues introduced in the v.2.28 update for TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY.

Bug Fixes

This Hotfix includes fixes for the following issues:

GAMEPLAY, UI, CONTROLS

*Fixed an issue that resulted in players becoming stuck in the Omega Bunker at the end of Tale 3. *Players should now simply be able to exit upon loading their affected save file.
*Fixed an issue where the Settled Mind Feat would not provide the associated research bonus.
*Fixed an issue where the Teardrop Vista location was not revealed on the player's map when the associated Polaroid was picked up.
*Fixed an issue that caused the player to lose control of the Survivor when choosing to Cheat Death after dying during a Carcass Harvesting animation.
*Fixed an issue that resulted in the final Affliction for Misery Mode not being applied.
*Fixed an issue that could result in the Survivor spawning in the Cannery after Cheating Death, trapping them inside.
*Fixed an issue that resulted in all imperial measurement units showing incorrect values for items with a liquid component.
*Tuned Timberwolves to reduce their presence between Placid Notch and Final Refuge in Sundered Pass.
*Fixed an issue in Sundered Pass that could result in a player becoming trapped in terrain near the Weather Station.
*Fixed an issue in Sundered Pass that prevented the Survivor from returning up a Rope Climb.
*Fixed an issue that caused reduced performance in the Carter Hydro Dam.

ART & ENVIRONMENTS

*Updated the "Last Horizon" text on the main menu to be more visible.

AUDIO

*Fixed an issue that resulted in intermittent audio stuttering during voice-overs triggered by collectibles in the Last Horizon Tale.

PLATFORM-SPECIFIC

*Fixed an issue that resulted in debug text appearing in the Cheat Death UI on Steam Deck, Xbox, and Playstation.

To check current releases on each platform, please visit our Build Status Page.

Please visit our Support Portal (or consult our Known Issues page) if you encounter any issues while playing the game. For additional news and information, don’t forget to sign up for our newsletter and follow us on Twitter (Game | Studio).

• Upvote 14
  • Like 8

Alas, poor timberwoofs! I knew him. 🐺

🔥Hot Take   🔥

Definitely was a bug (thanks Hinterlands for fixing it) using "Cheat Death" to respawn inside the Bleak Inlet

Spoiler

Cannery with the door locked from the OUTSIDE and being chased around by Fluffy has to be one of the most exciting, interesting and heart-attack inducing things I've ever seen in 10 years of TLD.

🚪🏃‍♂️🐺:peaches:

All these moments, like tears in the rain.

• Upvote 2

I suppose  needing to burn 2 stims to sprint through all the timberwolves because it was less resource intensive than fighting them probably wasn't intended then, lol. I was carrying two revolvers because I couldn't chance reloading mid battle. It was like a souls boss.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Great update, I conquered the Timbies eventually but I think toning down just a little is a good idea. I was unable to dual wield pistols since it was Loper, but that sounds pretty cool. (if not very long dark) :D

Edited by Hazelnut
add emoj
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Kitsune_Wizard said:

I suppose  needing to burn 2 stims to sprint through all the timberwolves

This is a viable strategy, though expensive given how rare stims are. If you don't want to fight Timberwolves I'd recommend

Spoiler

light sources they respect: torches/campfires, marine (blue) flares and red flares for non-Aurora timberwolves, or Flashlights (Stalker or below) VS Aurora Timberwolves. Simply carrying a lit torch and continuing to move is enough of a deterrent to avoid being attacked by most/all timberwolves. Red Flares are particularly effective against timberwolves since they last for a long time and are windproof.

If one stops ahead of you (e.g. blocking your way), you can either walk around it or wait a few seconds (from a relatively close range) and it will flee, though if you get too close while it is 'holding ground' it may attack.

Edited by Veskaida

7 hours ago, TFA303 said:

I found the polaroid before installing the update  - anyone know how to get it to show up on the map now that it's installed?

Which polaroid do you mean, what region and name? I think this bug only affects the map-preview (roughly where you need to stand, to get the map benefits of using the polaroid), so if you know where to stand and map there, it should give the map bonus, and if you have the polaroid in your inventory and approach this location, it should give you the "polaroid vista" notification.

You could try checking a video (e.g. Youtube search for "sundered pass polaroid") and find a clip of the polaroid in the location you found, and then see the location where you'd need to stand to redeemed it.

10 hours ago, Veskaida said:

Which polaroid do you mean, what region and name? I think this bug only affects the map-preview (roughly where you need to stand, to get the map benefits of using the polaroid), so if you know where to stand and map there, it should give the map bonus, and if you have the polaroid in your inventory and approach this location, it should give you the "polaroid vista" notification.

You could try checking a video (e.g. Youtube search for "sundered pass polaroid") and find a clip of the polaroid in the location you found, and then see the location where you'd need to stand to redeemed it.

Thanks for the suggestions!

This is the one I'm talking about: 

Fixed an issue where the Teardrop Vista location was not revealed on the player's map when the associated Polaroid was picked up.

I know I can find that spot (heck, I could find the entire map!!) with some googling, but I was hoping to avoid spoilers and also I just ... want it to display properly for reasons I can't really justify...

Posted (edited)

Still could not find the tactical jacket in the bunker, after completting the tale. It might be thatit has been ruined inside a cabinet/container. Almost 500 days run. The tactical gloves were ruined inside the hut.

Edited by Master_Arne
typo

4 hours ago, Master_Arne said:

Still could not find the tactical jacket in the bunker, after completting the tale. It might be thatit has been ruined inside a cabinet/container. Almost 500 days run. The tactical gloves were ruined inside the hut.

Tactical jacket should still be there, tho if your gloves were ruined, chances are the jacket will be too (both of mine were). Unfortunately I can't remember exactly where I found the jacket, but it was definitely there. Ruined clothing doesn't despawn in containers anyway.

Guess I'll get to check them out properly on my next run.  ^_^

Just wanted to say Thank You to @Raphael van Lierop and the rest of the devs for something that might seem small, but was an annoying bug that seems to have been fixed with this update.

The rounding error that was causing things like oats to not allow you to make the last serving in the package. I've been testing this over several runs and now... I can empty that round box of Running River Oats completely! Both making Porridge and Camber Flight Porridge, I can use the last serving without issue.

Yeah, I know it's a small thing, but it really made things better for me. 

360_F_127670721_BsKiii6VopazxT3xVoIFz9QKfLehhJYj.jpg.3809a10a8da88b218f429a4142b71696.jpg

• Upvote 8
  • Like 1