Which regions of the game do you visit rarely.....or not at all?

Don't think I avoid any regions, probably just a few spots where there is an uncalled-for risk of wasting a good run:

- Various instant death-spots.
- The road through Mountain town. I do like the element of surprise with the short range wolf attacks. But not in interloper, it's 50/50 to have time to pull and fire the bow. And I don't feel motivated to crouch through town or run around waving the torch at every corner.
- The broken train track bridge in Ravine. Because why 😅

Edited by manolitode
  • Upvote 1

Definitely Forsaken Airfield! It is not a bad map, but the weather is so much horror! Either you got a for over 24 hour blizzard or glimmerfog, no thank you! Forlorn Muskeg is sooooo boring! This region I traveling so fast most likely! Milton? I like it, but I understand the people for the dark history in Wintermute....

Edited by Sebastian1992
  • Upvote 1

For some reason in FM, the rabbits are very rare. One point more I don't like this map. In Marsh Ridge and the cave to BI only can spawn rabbits, but the cave rabbit I kill this guy never, he is a unique 😇

Edited by Sebastian1992

I rarely visit Ash Canyon ... if I start out near it, I might go for the backpack and crampons, but otherwise, nope! I just can't deal with those swaying rope bridges, they make me queasy. And so much of the area is burned out and depressing.

Will not cross the Broken Trestle in the ravine unless absolutely needed -- queasy and pucker factor after a terrible death there.

Not a fan of Bleak Inlet, but I'll camp out there for a bit to use the ammo workbench area to fix up tools & weapons, occasionally make ammo (just for fun). I actually prefer BlackRock for the ammo workbench now.

Forsaken Airfield had so much potential, but it's just too blizzardy, unpredictable and the glimmer fog gives me a headache ... same for the new Mine/ZOC, plus the sick wolves hurt my heart.

Rarely stay in HRV -- it is beautiful and more realistic for an "Alone" type scenario, but I just get lost and turned around so easily. Making your way to the really beautiful spots (like Mammoth Falls/Monolith Lake) and then returning to a base requires so much backtracking, with ice caves and/or climbing... it's tedious. And I'm a "nester" packrat, so not really a good place for that type of player personality. I need storage :)

Lastly, the Muskeg is my nemesis and least favorite area ... I literally "run" thru it as fast as I can and rarely bother going to the Forge there (unless I don't find a hammer anywhere else).

----------------------------------------

*note - I always play on Pilgrim, so the wolves of both types aren't a concern 

• Upvote 2

I dunno, I'm pretty open opportunity to regions. I mean, I'll run around and pick stuff up in the early game, but I am quite happy settling down for weeks at a time in a particular spot before moving on to another one. In my current run I've spent 39 of my 86 days in Ash Canyon, the hunting has simply been unreal in here (two moose bagged so far). I expect I'm going to be moving on soon, though; my current thinking is to take the mine back to Timberwolf, hit the summit, roll down to Mountaineer's the fast ouchy way, and then light out for the far territories.

• Like 1

Broken Railroad, there's nothing of particular interest there. Well except it's now a gateway to DLC maps I guess but on it's own it's just more general loot and mediocre scenery

I'm not sure of what's the incentive of going into the Zone of Contamination either, unless you do Far Territories -only run or are bored. I suppose if you're in Transfer Pass it makes sense hitting Idle Camp since it's very close. But venturing into the big mining buildings feels more exhausting than fun, plus of course the mines itself are worthless

Edited by Mistral
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Sebastian1992 said:

For what reason you avoid the glimmer fog? I don't get it.

The lighting effects give me a bad migraine..  I don't want to risk getting stuck out in the open with the fog.. the zone isn't as exposed as forsaken and I can hide inside in one of the many buildings or mine.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

The lighting effects give me a bad migraine..  I don't want to risk getting stuck out in the open with the fog.. the zone isn't as exposed as forsaken and I can hide inside in one of the many buildings or mine.

Oh no! I hope for you hinterland bring a option we can the glimmer fog setting off and you can enjoy the tales! I'm not sure, but I believe in the contamination zone the glimmer fog come more often as the forsaken airfield!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Sebastian1992 said:

Oh no! I hope for you hinterland bring a option we can the glimmer fog setting off and you can enjoy the tales! I'm not sure, but I believe in the contamination zone the glimmer fog come more often as the forsaken airfield!

Thank you.. I did ask for it in the accessibility options,still waiting and hoping for it😊.  There are a few of us who have that issue..   it's also why we have the warning at the beginning of the game too,so blame me if you find it annoying lol..

You've had it more in the zone?    It could just be rng , or the difficulty settings.. but both my son and I played pilgrim and he got terrible weather in forsaken.. it was just glimmer fog and blizzards for nearly three weeks until he finally had enough and quit the game..  

I could be not noticing the fog as much in the zone because I'm inside a lot.    It does make me wonder what the next map is going to be like though,I can't imagine there's many buildings to hide in.

• Upvote 2

On 4/13/2024 at 7:44 PM, Leeanda said:

Thank you.. I did ask for it in the accessibility options,still waiting and hoping for it😊.  There are a few of us who have that issue..   it's also why we have the warning at the beginning of the game too,so blame me if you find it annoying lol..

You've had it more in the zone?    It could just be rng , or the difficulty settings.. but both my son and I played pilgrim and he got terrible weather in forsaken.. it was just glimmer fog and blizzards for nearly three weeks until he finally had enough and quit the game..  

I could be not noticing the fog as much in the zone because I'm inside a lot.    It does make me wonder what the next map is going to be like though,I can't imagine there's many buildings to hide in.

The warning at the beginning? I find that not annoying, I mean only a handful seconds more I survive this 😅

My opinion yeah the airfield you got glimmerfog or 24 hours blizzard, but sometimes for over a week the fog come not show up, for me the 24 blizzards are so annoying and it is bitter cold, so stressful! The fog in the zone come actually more but it goes shorter, maybe two or three days will not show up  

Maybe I go again in the zone, in my run! It's not to far from Broken Railroad and I need ptarmigan for my bedroll 😅

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Sebastian1992 said:

The warning at the beginning? I find that not annoying, I mean only a handful seconds more I survive this 😅

My opinion yeah the airfield you got glimmerfog or 24 hours blizzard, but sometimes for over a week the fog come not show up, for me the 24 blizzards are so annoying and it is bitter cold, so stressful! The fog in the zone come actually more but it goes shorter, maybe two or three days will not show up  

Maybe I go again in the zone, in my run! It's not to far from Broken Railroad and I need ptarmigan for my bedroll 😅

I know lol.. it doesn't bother me either..  it's still a lot quicker to load than most of the games I play😁 

Maybe.. I haven't spent a lot of time in the zone, and I'm usually indoors when I'm there...sooo much loot lol....

forsaken does have a PV kind of weather system..  extremes either way.. .. 

Good luck with the ptarmigan,I can hardly see them lol..

• Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

I know lol.. it doesn't bother me either..  it's still a lot quicker to load than most of the games I play😁 

Maybe.. I haven't spent a lot of time in the zone, and I'm usually indoors when I'm there...sooo much loot lol....

forsaken does have a PV kind of weather system..  extremes either way.. .. 

Good luck with the ptarmigan,I can hardly see them lol..

I grew up with slowly loading screens and today I really love older games for ps1 or ps2! Of course indie games like tld!

The loot in the zone is phenomenal! The transferpass area, the ptarmigan are so many and I shot three of them, problem done 😅, but now I was in the zone and day three, the glimmer fog is turn up....

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Sebastian1992 said:

I grew up with slowly loading screens and today I really love older games for ps1 or ps2! Of course indie games like tld!

The loot in the zone is phenomenal! The transferpass area, the ptarmigan are so many and I shot three of them, problem done 😅, but now I was in the zone and day three, the glimmer fog is turn up....

I loved the ps1 one... Still got it too,but only two games and no memory cards for it sadly😁.   Some of the newer games are just as slow though..I have one that takes about 7 minutes just to get to the main menu lol...   Xbox is a lot slower though...

I love transfer pass but there's hardly any wildlife there for me..  the birds do show up rarely so not a viable place to stay long..

Lousy fog .... I hope it doesn't last long for you..

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

I loved the ps1 one... Still got it too,but only two games and no memory cards for it sadly😁.   Some of the newer games are just as slow though..I have one that takes about 7 minutes just to get to the main menu lol...   Xbox is a lot slower though...

I love transfer pass but there's hardly any wildlife there for me..  the birds do show up rarely so not a viable place to stay long..

Lousy fog .... I hope it doesn't last long for you..

Ps1 the best 👍

The transfer pass, I stay no longer as two days, only rabbits, ptarmigan, cat tails and no fishing meh 😔

In the zone I have a good place, nearby the old corral by the waterfall yeah ice fishing and of a stone shelf I took a show shelter where the wolfs not go up there, this is very nice! The fog is not a huge deal, I follow the pipes and I go in the mine 🙂

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Sebastian1992 said:

Ps1 the best 👍

The transfer pass, I stay no longer as two days, only rabbits, ptarmigan, cat tails and no fishing meh 😔

In the zone I have a good place, nearby the old corral by the waterfall yeah ice fishing and of a stone shelf I took a show shelter where the wolfs not go up there, this is very nice! The fog is not a huge deal, I follow the pipes and I go in the mine 🙂

Fishing would be good for transfer pass..

Aside from near the bear cave ,I find the zone quite an easy place to navigate round..   all the buildings and landmarks are helpful though😁

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Fishing would be good for transfer pass..

Aside from near the bear cave ,I find the zone quite an easy place to navigate round..   all the buildings and landmarks are helpful though😁

I never found a place in the transfer pass, but later I will double check this 🤔

This bear, I visit him later 😉and I go back in broken railroad....

2 minutes ago, Sebastian1992 said:

I never found a place in the transfer pass, but later I will double check this 🤔

This bear, I visit him later 😉and I go back in broken railroad....

I did try round that area but that was before the update that changed it .  ...

Give him an arrow for me,he's a grumpy bear😁

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...