Your TLD skills (In Real Life!)

The title says it all... if you were sucked into your computer and transported to Great Bear Island this very second, what would your skills look like?

Mine would be...

Carcass Harvesting: 1

Cooking: 2

Fishing: 0

Sewing: 1

Fire Starting: 2

Gunsmithing: 0

Rifle Firearm: 1

Revolver Firearm: 1

Archery: 1

True, not very impressive but at least better than Will :D.

Edited by conanjaguar
  • Upvote 4

Ha! Fun Question ----

I would have ....

Carcass Harvesting: 1 (if taking a whole rotisserie chicken apart counts)

Cooking:  5 (yeah, that I can do)

Fishing: 1 

Sewing: 4

Fire Starting: 3

Gunsmithing: 0

Rifle Firearm: 0

Revolver Firearm: 0

Archery: 1 (took a course in High School)

But to be honest -- I likely wouldn't last very long at all; I absolutely HATE being cold, avoid going anywhere in snow, haven't walked more than a mile or 2 in at least a year and I have gotten lost in the local supermarket when they rearranged the shelving.

• Upvote 2

The two TLD skills I truly master is:

- Voice impression of a fleeing bear: 5

- Voice impression of a fleeing moose: 4

Despite these major advantages in life I would meet the long dark very quickly considering:

- Carcass harvesting: 1

- Fishing: 1

• Upvote 2

Archery  1 (despite loving archery and shooting my bow for years, I SUCK at it)
Carcass Harvesting 0 (lol, NOPE *turns on heels and walks away*)
Cooking 3/4
Fire Starting 3 (I can start fires with only flint)
Gunsmithing 4 (I am a novice gunsmith)
Fishing 2 (beginners luck I guess *shrugs*)
Mending 3 (I like sewing)
Revolver Firearm 0 (LOL)
Rifle Firearm 1 (I can fire...?)

• Upvote 2

Great Question

Carcass Harvesting: 1 (I've quartered, though not skinned, a rabbit, and I know you need to get the guts out early doors)

Cooking: 4 (VHK's #1 rule of cooking- always keep a spare tin of beans in reserve in case you mess it all up!)

Fishing: 1 (haven't fished for about 30 years. 1st fish I caught ended up in a tree as Dad hadn't taught me how the reel worked)

Sewing: 1 (if indoors, near a fire and I've found some good gloves, I have atrocious circulation in my hands)

Fire Starting: 2 (I've managed to make fire without a match or lighter before, and I have seen several Ray Mears/ primitive tech videos for extra skill points)

Gunsmithing: 0 (it either wouldn't explode at all, or it would REALLY explode)

Rifle Firearm: 0 (I'd be a danger to myself rather than any target)

Revolver Firearm: 0 (ditto)

Archery: 1 (pointy end at the front, feathers at the back)

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, FaT McMarlin said:

Harvesting: 5

Cooking: 4

Fire starting: 5

Archery: 6-7

Sewing: 4-5

Fishing: -100

Rifle: 8

Revolver: -13

Sure, I made up my own scale based off in game scale but it seems pretty accurate to me 😂😂.

So, your scale is -100 to 100? ;)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, FaT McMarlin said:

Fishing: -100

"With a fishing tackle in your hands, you are a menace to yourself and others. When you do manage to figure out which end of the line the hook goes on, by then it's embedded in your eyeball... or somebody else's. The only way you could catch fish would be by dropping a grenade into a pickle barrel full of them, and even that might not work."

• Upvote 4

31 minutes ago, conanjaguar said:

"With a fishing tackle in your hands, you are a menace to yourself and others. When you do manage to figure out which end of the line the hook goes on, by then it's embedded in your eyeball... or somebody else's. The only way you could catch fish would be by dropping a grenade into a pickle barrel full of them, and even that might not work."

With -100, you would drop the grenade after pulling the pin, blowing up yourself and all those within a 30ft radius.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, conanjaguar said:

More like I don't catch anything and lose all my hooks to trees I'm the water lol

33 minutes ago, hozz1235 said:

With -100, you would drop the grenade after pulling the pin, blowing up yourself and all those within a 30ft radius.

LMFAO sounds about accurate. 

I'll stick with hunting and gathering lol

• Upvote 1

Carcass Harvesting: 3

Cooking: 3

Fishing: 4

Sewing: 1

Fire Starting: 5

Gunsmithing: 2

Rifle Firearm: 5

Revolver Firearm: 3

Archery: 0

I mean, I live on a ranch in rural BC... and I started my first friction fire as a kid in Cub Scouts in the 70s so it's literally child's play to me lol Wasn't sure about revolver - I don't have one but I'm quite proficient with my Glock.

• Upvote 1

Carcass Harvesting: 1

Cooking: 3

Fishing: 1

Sewing: 2

Fire Starting: 4

Gunsmithing: 1

Rifle Firearm: 1

Revolver Firearm: 1

Archery: 1

Cleaning: 30

Repair: 85

Sharpening: 75

And, a couple other skills I would be 5's at, but aren't in the game, are Firewood Chopping (why isn't there a skill for that?) and Wildlife Defense (also...why don't survivors improve their struggle survival skills?)

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, conanjaguar said:

I have a feeling there's a story behind this... care to share?

I am a 2nd degree black belt in karate and have trained for 13 years, I suppose that could be helpful in winning a wolf struggle faster

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Glflegolas said:

I am a 2nd degree black belt in karate and have trained for 13 years, I suppose that could be helpful in winning a wolf struggle faster

I suppose so, but karate is meant to fight humans. Wolf anatomy (and thus weak points, etc.) is quite different...