Curious about the kinds of places we live

xanna

Which best describes the place you live?  

19 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As TLD fans we all have a love of spending hours in the wilderness of Great Bear. I know many of us are into outdoor and survival hobbies outside of the game, too, and are kind enough to share stories and photos of beautiful countryside from all around the world. It makes sense that outdoorsy, countryside types would be into TLD. But it also makes sense that people who don't live among nature might play TLD to compensate and experience something different. Poll: What sort of player are you?

Edited by xanna
  • Upvote 1

I've always lived in the countryside but apart from the odd ramble I didn't really spend a lot of time out there..  it was mostly farm land though and I didn't want to get shot at😁.   But after being stuck indoors for over twenty years I do miss it..

Whether that's partly why I love tld I don't know.. but the whole game does have simply beautiful views.  .its a game that excels for every reason ..

• Upvote 1

Grew up a stone's thrown from the downtown core of a major city.  Moved to the country when I first got married.  Love it despite its drawbacks (abysmal internet, power failures, etc.); and, hopefully, I'll never get so frail in my old age that I'll have to move back into the city.

• Upvote 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 11/29/2023 at 11:07 PM, xanna said:

What sort of player are you?

Both. I was born in huge city centre and gaming was way to survive till summer. For few weeks per year I was hiking, swimming and exploring from sunset to late night. And then back to playing games and waiting for next summer.

Now I'm living in different city, still big but not as big and much greener. It's full of parks, surrounded by beautiful old forests and cut by few rivers and a lot of lakes. I can see woodpeckers from my window!

I still play to survive sometimes. Mostly in winter which is dark and sad in my country. At summer I often forget that my computer exists. Maybe someday I will forget it entirely?

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Been all over, from major metro areas like Chicago to tiny little unincorps with one single flashing yellow light as the entirety of the traffic control system. I currently have a 2-bedroom condo in a city, but I'm also a prepper so I could hypothetically buttress the doors and hunker down for 6-8 weeks (or 1 if I have no water source) before I ran out of supplies. Enough to probably be fine for most realistic scenarios, although I would certainly be seeking FEMA support as my Plan A. I mean I pay my taxes, naturally I'm gonna cash in on that first.

Edited by ajb1978
  • Upvote 2

• 1 month later...