Screenshot for Screenshot Saturday

This game looks unbelievably good when you can play it in 4k. Check this out:

screen_73f66d48-b581-4870-9179-d32e3ff85c3a.thumb.png.947d090874fdba76fedb6275fe1f6e6d.png

The difference in how the trees look is striking; you have to see it to believe it.

Ended up seeing an interesting side effect of SSAO wandering about one evening, so I took this shot:

screen_173756fb-2386-4797-a984-57a059ed2562.thumb.png.acf78901cecf5a1fd3671e3e0a76115f.png

This is down where Will starts his journey, but is actually me in a new survival game. At this point I think I'm about a week or two in; started in HRV.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

I damn near lost my mind...

In HRV, found the area with the moose, stalked it the following morning. Managed to hit it with an arrow on first try, then with a rifle bullet after it walked back from running away. I got it with another arrow at point blank range, after crawling up onto a low rock that it (thankfully) couldn't run onto. But it didn't drop.

So I made camp in the cave nearby and slept an hour. Moose is still alive. Slept another hour. Moose is still alive. Slept another...

Eventually, I'd slept all I could, and a blizzard started on top of it all, so I made a fire and cooked the meat from the prop wolf carcass in the cave. While it was cooking, I went to get something out of the backpack in the cave. 

Lo and behold, once I cancel out of the backpack, I start having a psychedelic experience. O.o I hit Escape and went to the main menu, planning to show my son the silliness, then resumed the game - but the visuals were all back to normal.

I went back to using the fire to boil water, to help pass the time. Eventually, the blizzard passed, so I checked on the moose - who seemed to have died during the blizzard but been frozen in mid-run. So, expecting a glitch but remaining wary, I start walking up to it with my rifle drawn. All of a sudden it jerks into movement and turns to face me, with the warning posture, so I backpedal.

A bit later, I snuck around and shot it with another arrow, finally dropping it. It took 3 arrows and 1 bullet. Damn stubborn thing.

(Psychedelic experience and moose palsy have been duly reported to Support.)

Psychedelic cave 1.jpg

Psychedelic cave 2.jpg

Psychedelic cave 3.jpg

Frozen Moose.jpg

Moose not Frozen.jpg

20200410203734_1.jpg

Edited by vidholf
  • Upvote 2