Screenshot for Screenshot Saturday

9 hours ago, PilgrimReaper said:

Sorry if this is a silly question, but how do you place things neatly like that...? I've only ever "dropped" stuff, and haven't found an option to place food items like I would the storm lantern.

I play a modded game, and stacking objects is courtesy of a mod called "place anywhere."  definitely an improvement over the severely limited and restricted item handling mechanic you find in the vanilla game.  on that note, I'm really looking forward to Hinterlands upcoming improvements to base building customizations.  Although the player community has been asking them to improve this aspect of the game for many years now, nothing has changed, yet.

if you are playing on pc, you should check out mods on The Long Dark - Mod List (xpazeman.com)   

• Upvote 1

On 4/3/2023 at 6:30 PM, piddy3825 said:

I play a modded game, and stacking objects is courtesy of a mod called "place anywhere."  definitely an improvement over the severely limited and restricted item handling mechanic you find in the vanilla game.  on that note, I'm really looking forward to Hinterlands upcoming improvements to base building customizations.  Although the player community has been asking them to improve this aspect of the game for many years now, nothing has changed, yet.

if you are playing on pc, you should check out mods on The Long Dark - Mod List (xpazeman.com)   

Thanks! (Also @Boneviolin). I'm on Mac though, so I'll have to settle with being an untidy survivor...

On 4/2/2023 at 5:45 AM, Boneviolin said:

Jeez I keep getting wonderful photos from ash canyon!

AC has the best vistas. The stone pillars of AC are in a class of their own. There are a LOT of cool cool places in AC to check out, it's totally worth exploring. N.B. If you have been to that pillar at the end of the series of three by the fallen log, you'll find an alcove/cave that faces across towards Foreman's. I've spent the night in there a few times, but... it's entirely possible for a blizzard to blow in, blow out your fire, and freeze you to death in there. 

Don't ask me how I know this, just know that I do.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 3