Today I Learned...

xanna

Today I learned that if you try to pry open a locked locker with a low condition prybar, and the prybar breaks (ruins) during your attempt, the locker will ruin, too. Even a good prybar won't open this thing up now:

image.thumb.jpeg.ac392c507958b51a72f89b8161113fcf.jpeg

Even after 1,250 hours in TLD playing all different modes, there's always something new.

What Today I Learned moments have you all had in TLD?

• Upvote 9

I've had a few ..  I didn't know that there was a moose spawn behind the garage in Milton until last year...  still not seen one there either.😁 

How much loot there is in hrv on pilgrim...   Especially skill books..  

And now that as well.

Even after nearly 6000 hours I'm still learning and finding new things🙂.  

Edited by Leeanda
  • Upvote 2

I can certainly attest to that moose existing, it pulverised my ribs for me in a very early game! I still haven't seen it either, though! It came from nowhere that time, and I've never seen it in a run since. I'm always a little bit utterly terrified of that area ever since what with the bears, the wolves, and the suddenness of that invisible moose.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, xanna said:

Today I learned that if you try to pry open a locked locker with a low condition prybar, and the prybar breaks (ruins) during your attempt, the locker will ruin, too. Even a good prybar won't open this thing up now:

image.thumb.jpeg.ac392c507958b51a72f89b8161113fcf.jpeg

Even after 1,250 hours in TLD playing all different modes, there's always something new.

What Today I Learned moments have you all had in TLD?

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat 

I'm 1300 hours in myself and that just blew my mind. I never had a prybar condition drop below 50, there's always way to many of them 

The most memorable Today I Learned moment for me was when I had 5% condition left and was crawling from the last forces to the trappers cabin at night and saw a light....in the windows O_O

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, conanjaguar said:

Two fun facts that I almost found out the hard way today…

1) The Old Bear can spawn in a blizzard.
2) Flare guns do not automatically reload.4DD3B948-0904-443F-A18C-FF826C46DA36.thumb.jpeg.0059d6cfca598def88b5673e3740dfdb.jpeg(I say almost because I closed out the game 0.283 seconds before he got to me)

...what da hail?!? You didn't know flare guns don't auto reload? 

• Upvote 3

On 8/19/2023 at 2:22 AM, bysinda said:

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat 

I'm 1300 hours in myself and that just blew my mind. I never had a prybar condition drop below 50, there's always way to many of them 

Yeah, there are simply too many of them (too)

1 hour ago, MartianInvader said:

I just discovered a crashed plane in the hills of Coastal Highway that you can actually get into, like you can with a car or truck. Never knew it was there before!

0036.png

0037.png

There's a few scattered around the maps.. they were added in December I think.

11 hours ago, Mistral said:

Yeah, there are simply too many of them (too)

You'd think so, but I didn't find one for about 7 days, and then only a low-condition one. By the time I busted this locker I had another, so I thought 'I just finish this crowbar off then use it for scrap' not realising there would be consequences!

On 8/19/2023 at 3:55 AM, xanna said:

Today I learned that if you try to pry open a locked locker with a low condition prybar, and the prybar breaks (ruins) during your attempt, the locker will ruin, too.

I learnt the same thing recently with a low condition hacksaw and the cargo containers in Timberwolf Mountain. I'd only found a low condition hacksaw and like you, thought it would just break and I'd have to find another hacksaw to open the container. Nope, container was ruined. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Retro Seamstress said:

I learnt the same thing recently with a low condition hacksaw and the cargo containers in Timberwolf Mountain. I'd only found a low condition hacksaw and like you, thought it would just break and I'd have to find another hacksaw to open the container. Nope, container was ruined. 

On my last stalker run I also found this out the hard way

In Desolation Point the connected trailers with all of the broken beds has a bug. If you walk through one of the doors it's the trashy connected trailers like usual, but if you crouch and go through the door it's a completely different and nicer regular trailer. 

• Upvote 2

On 8/18/2023 at 9:32 PM, conanjaguar said:

That hunting bears with a revolver is a VERY bad idea :D

I dont think so. On my current run I bagged few bears with revolver. Placed my character on place where bear could not get me, near its path. Then one shot and wait few hours on the spot.

7 hours ago, Retro Seamstress said:

Oh riight,  I forgot this happened to me too!

1 hour ago, Stranzua said:

In Desolation Point the connected trailers with all of the broken beds has a bug. If you walk through one of the doors it's the trashy connected trailers like usual, but if you crouch and go through the door it's a completely different and nicer regular trailer. 

.........what o-o

I better remember that next time I'm there!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Stranzua said:

I've known about that for a while but recently figured out you don't need to crouch, just click on the lower part of the door to enter.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Retro Seamstress said:

Eek! Worth knowing!

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, hozz1235 said:

YAYYYYYY, you finally ventured to HRV?!  🙌

I was struggling to find something to do that was different, so I started my own mini challenge. For which I needed the recipe..

Now I'm back in there again because I want the bow variant. ..1000 days is a long time after all those short runs,, but I still hate the place😁