Forsaken Airfield begs the question...: Your coldest (recorded) temp?

Whoever said that FA is just huge, but nothing special should take a second look imho...
The "no clothing is warm enough" temperatures are just one of the new challenges (it also contains some of the most breath-taking views I think), I believe I've faced milder blizzards in other regions, than what a sunny day here can bring...
What were your coldest temps endured? (that you took a screenshot/video of)
sunny: -40/-23 C
blizzard: -41/-29 C

(Stalker, around day 240)

beginning my morning stroll...

a little later, after I'm back at the hut with a full blown hypothermia and my health down to 25%, I've also got to show what a blizzard looks like...

This isn't in FA, but...

I'm on 200 days on a custom run with Stalkerish weather settings and I'm really starting to notice the world getting colder over time.

I took this today in a blizzard at the Summit, lowest temps I've yet seen on a run,  -44°C air and -31°C wind. 🥶20230430175331_1.thumb.jpg.01c23f9ea0f84f1e3056d33e6a693557.jpg

• Upvote 3

I think it can break out from the glass on its own. Anyway about the topic. I think my coldest weather so far was -60°C with windchill -30°C. I am playing voyager so I am not used to such temperatures. I think it was Bleak Inlet.

• Upvote 1

TBH, I wouldn't know.  I seldom look at the temperature stat screen... am usually too focused on getting my fire going hot enough to overcome the down arrows on the health meters. 😀 I will say that I've been packing the magnifying glass I found in the hangar around steadily for 50 days and haven't had an opportunity to use it yet... dang glimmer fog.

• Upvote 1

-60 celcius air temp + don't remeber what wind in the base game, IIRC in the Bleak Inlet lookout tower and couple of times somewhere else

Around -120 celcius air temp + don't remember what wind in Relentless Night, insanity of course

Edited by Mistral

8 hours ago, Leeanda said:

The question is how do you get it out the bottle?

Honest and for true though... I think the easiest solution is we'd just have it zipped up in our coats (keep it near our core).  I mean, just our body heat and the coat's insulation should keep it nice a sip-able.  (I say sip-able since deep cold and intoxication are a really bad combination.)

:coffee::fire::coffee:

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, ManicManiac said:

Honest and for true though... I think the easiest solution is we'd just have it zipped up in our coats (keep it near our core).  I mean, just our body heat and the coat's insulation should keep it nice a sip-able.  (I say sip-able since deep cold and intoxication are a really bad combination.)

Are they?  I don't know..  I don't drink and it never gets cold enough here ...   Maybe a slushie  with straw?😊

• Upvote 1

I don't imbibe much at all either.
But just from a chemistry standpoint... alcohol already has a freezing temperature much lower than water... and anything kept close to our core is going to stay much warmer than anything we'd carry out in the open air... or in our backpack.  I think it'd work out alright.

Edited by ManicManiac
  • Upvote 1

Well its not forsaken airfield but....

Pv before the update. Interloper.

29_07.2022_16-26-55-x1gnyq0o.png.ad198044df8177a1bc4ff0c1c926ee32.thumb.png.7d5e90a6ef4dcc6f4c6c832d1fe69d61.png

Top that 🥶

Ive been to FA for 17 days str8 and the lowest it got was around -50 i believe. 

When I get back from my Vacation in Egypt i will go to live in FA for some more. Maybe ill top the -66 but honestly i dont think so.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, conanjaguar said:

Oxygen in the air will liquefy at -183C, if I remember correctly. Until then our survivors can run around in their underwear pretty much unaffected :D.

My Astrid's already done that😁.   It was certainly an adventure.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

My Astrid's already done that😁.   It was certainly an adventure.

In sooth, wandering naked in a blizzard one of these once-in-a-lifetime experiences in TLD.

I’ll see myself out…

Edited by conanjaguar
When thou speaketh in Elizabethan English, then wilt thine autocorrect turneth against thee.

2 minutes ago, conanjaguar said:

In smooth, wandering naked in a blizzard one of these once-in-a-lifetime experiences in TLD.

I’ll see myself out…

Well she mightve done it but I wouldn't try it...  I'm cold enough now 😀

37 minutes ago, conanjaguar said:

In sooth, wandering naked in a blizzard one of these once-in-a-lifetime experiences in TLD.

I’ll see myself out…

I was a bit confused by your comment ,until   read your edit reason....  Autocorrect is the worst thing ever😀

• Upvote 1