Beachcombing Part 2 - What have you found?

hozz1235

On 4/26/2023 at 4:28 PM, Glacia said:

Thanks for your info gathering washed items, there are various items spawning on your list, albeit rare at the point of most people think it's impossible to get.

Revolvers can spawn very rarely on containers, as well as ammo. 

Flare guns and flare shells are incredible rare but possible, even on Interloper!

Metal pieces becomed more common recently, i think HTL have touched a bit the system without noticing the players. Quality tools are rare now.

All clothing pieces avaliable on Interloper but the ear wool wraps are avaliable via beachcombing. Containers can even have flight jackets, combat pants and other mid-tier clothing. Im not sure if items like the fisherman sweeters can spawn on lower settings, but it's likely.

Im gathering info to write a detailed table on the Wiki, but since loot tables are confusing and unbalanced right now, im gonna wait a bit more for later patches.

I can delete two items on my list above of items that do not wash up on the beach:

- sewing kits - 1 so far; and

- metal - 2 pieces so far.

Edited by Blizzard Walker
spelling

I just found two quality toolboxes in Crumbling Highway. While there is the question how such heavy stuff even washes up I'm not entirely opposed to finding them even on Interloper. But they should be extremely rare.

Also found a cured rabbit hide. That doesn't need to wash up. Easy to get and we already have carcasses.

Edited by Serenity

On 4/26/2023 at 3:40 PM, hozz1235 said:

I feel a nerf coming...

In my estimation beach combing loot got dialed back in the last day or so.  The fishing boat, canoe and row boat have not re-appeared after the last four blizzards on my Voyageur run. Arrows (both broken and with 3 shots left) are still appearing along with cloth, leather and firewood.

I accumulated roughly another 100 cloth, 40 leather, 30 flare shells, 30 birch saplings, 30 arrows, 25 arrow heads, 20 flares, 8 stims and sundry other items plus uncounted hatchets and hacksaws while the pickings were good.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, JaySovereign said:

I am loving these seemingly infinite arrows that keep washing up along with salmon! They're showing up faster than I can use them!

Binge beach combing has been good to me.  Presently playing on Voyageur in HRV but back in CH I have stashed away 43 birch saplings, 14 maple saplings, 25 arrows and 31 arrowheads.  Apart from 12 birch saplings found throughout the region, beach combing has added 31 of those birch saplings.

I'm presuming every blizzard is supposed to wash something new up?  

If so I have a bug... My visit across the coastal beach this morning produced nothing at all.  

The only things I found were a piece of cloth and a black hat which were there before the blizzard.  

Are you supposed to empty the beach before new stuff spawns, 

• Upvote 1

As much as i like the idea of spawns can happen after the storms on beach shores and boats and bodies/carcasses i think that the amount and variety of items should be nerfed. 

I have found a pilot hat, matches, loads of spalings, books, loads of cloth and leather.... and i only checked the CH shore twice. Its way way too much on Interloper difficulty imo. Hope they will patch it. 

Edited by James Hickok

On 4/18/2023 at 12:23 PM, ManicManiac said:

I could agree, I think that it might perhaps take some tuning to get it feeling right.
When I feel like I'm finding too much stuff... I just don't use it. 🤭
I mean, just because it's there doesn't mean we have to take it.

:coffee::fire::coffee:

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Leeanda said:

I'm presuming every blizzard is supposed to wash something new up?  

If so I have a bug... My visit across the coastal beach this morning produced nothing at all.  

The only things I found were a piece of cloth and a black hat which were there before the blizzard.  

Are you supposed to empty the beach before new stuff spawns, 

In my experience,  a true blizzard should wash stuff up.  Where did you weather the storm?  Inside?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hozz1235 said:

You may try a transition to see if that triggers the refresh.

I did wonder about that ..  thanks.  But the first blizzard I had wasn't much better either,all I got in that one was a palette and a rancid fish..

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Leeanda said:

'm presuming every blizzard is supposed to wash something new up?  

Could be similar to the issues with snares... when we stay in the vicinity (rather than have a hard transition load from indoors to outdoors) produce drastically fewer snared rabbits.  In this case, cars still keep track of what's going on "outside" similar to when we go into a shallow cave, the Mountaineer's Hut, or Forestry Lookout... as a result perhaps it's behaving like those snares.

I mean of course I can't know for sure, just venturing an idea.

I was just typing this up when @hozz1235 hit upon that same sort of idea.  

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, ManicManiac said:

Could be similar to the issues with snares... when we stay in the vicinity (rather than have a hard transition load from indoors to outdoors) produce drastically fewer snared rabbits.  In this case, cars still keep track of what's going on "outside" similar to when we go into a shallow cave, the Mountaineer's Hut, or Forestry Lookout... as a result perhaps it's behaving like those snares.

I mean of course I can't know for sure, just venturing an idea.

I was just typing this up when @hozz1235 hit upon that same sort of idea.  

Thank you🙂.    

I must admit none of my beachcombing has seemed to bring what most others seem to be getting.  

It's odd when lopers are getting so much stuff that's it's too much and I'm finding little on the easiest levels.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

Thank you🙂.    

I must admit none of my beachcombing has seemed to bring what most others seem to be getting.  

It's odd when lopers are getting so much stuff that's it's too much and I'm finding little on the easiest levels.

Try spending the next blizzard indoors.  In the morning, after the blizzard has passed, check the shores.

3 minutes ago, ManicManiac said:

@Leeanda
Definitely something to be reported (regardless if the transition trigger works)
I'm considering creating another (I think third now) ticket for the snares.  

Thank you.  

I might try a separate run first to test it out.   

You know me and my weird bugs😁

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, hozz1235 said:

Try spending the next blizzard indoors.  In the morning, after the blizzard has passed, check the shores.

My problem is that I can't hear them indoors because I turned the wind variability to low so I have to wait for one to turn up first just to make sure. Either that or going in and out every five minutes😁    But I've just got to bleak and I'll give it a try here instead.   Thanks.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Leeanda said:

My problem is that I can't hear them indoors because I turned the wind variability to low so I have to wait for one to turn up first just to make sure. Either that or going in and out every five minutes😁    But I've just got to bleak and I'll give it a try here instead.   Thanks.

If you're outside and a blizzard starts, just head indoors and wait it out.  You could check every couple of hours if it has subsided then go check the coast :)

• Upvote 1