Beachcombing Part 2 - What have you found?

hozz1235

Im curious if anyone have been found Antibiotics or reishi, i haven't seen them on Interloper or Stalker.

I mean.. fully exhaust reishi takes an incredible amount of time. But in the hypothetical case of doesn't have any reishi left and you get parasites, you are inevitable dead, because antibiotics/reishi isn't renewable anymore.

• Upvote 1

Finally found scrap metal on Loper, DP coast. 

The loot does seem to be region specific, I've spent some 10 days on CH finding the big clothing trunks, but no lockers. Then moved to Crumbling Highway and got two lockers and suitcases in 3 days, then moved to DP and got scrap metal, but no lockers or trunks in 7 days. 

Is it possible to get the big boat to spawn on Loper? I have been getting the canoes and overturned small boats with paddles, no luck on the big boat so far. 

6 minutes ago, Dan_ said:

Is it possible to get the big boat to spawn on Loper? I have been getting the canoes and overturned small boats with paddles, no luck on the big boat so far. 

Isn't confirmed still, but unlikely.

The reliable source of scrap metal it's dismantle quality tool for x3 pieces, scrap metal it's incredible rare to find alone.

I haven’t found any medications (natural or manmade) in the revamped beachcombing.  This is playing on just vanilla interloper.  Mostly just finding meh clothing in poor condition - so basically one piece of cloth - which is fine with me.  

I wouldn’t want beachcombing to risk becoming too overpowered for interloper difficulty…personally, the enjoyment comes mostly from the novelty/thrill of spotting and retrieving ‘treasure’ washed ashore, rather than the actual loot itself. And I think it’s even more fun now, seeing the new ‘containers’ it spawns in, adding more ‘life’ and immersion into the game world in what I think is a very creative way. 

Edited by cattailstalker
Grammar
  • Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Glacia said:

Im curious if anyone have been found Antibiotics or reishi, i haven't seen them on Interloper or Stalker.

I mean.. fully exhaust reishi takes an incredible amount of time. But in the hypothetical case of doesn't have any reishi left and you get parasites, you are inevitable dead, because antibiotics/reishi isn't renewable anymore.

Antibiotics can wash, but rare.

About renewable fire, marine flares are common and matches/firestrikers very rare.

You can get all avaliable clothing pieces on Interloper from the different containers on the coast, except for the ear wool wraps.

2 minutes ago, cattailstalker said:

I haven’t found any medications (natural or manmade) in the revamped beachcombing.  This is playing on just vanilla interloper.  Mostly just finding meh clothing in poor condition - so basically one piece of cloth - which is fine with me.  

I wouldn’t want beachcombing to risk becoming too overpowered for interloper difficulty…personally, the enjoyment comes mostly from the novelty/thrill of spotting and retrieving ‘treasure’ washed ashore, rather than the actual loot itself. And I think it’s even more fun now, seeing the new ‘containers’ it spawns in, adding more ‘life’ and immersion into the game world in what I think is a very creative way. 

Painkillers are very common, and Antibiotics very rare. Emergency stims are not avaliable on interloper, but they are rare on lower game modes.

Currently beachcombing it's incredible overpowered on stalker/voyager/pilgrim, the loot it's just very abundant and good, there are people even looting 3 hatchets from a single canoe.

This is different on Interloper, the loot tables are very balanced and now everything it's easy renewable. Also as you say, the new system it's more inmersive, diverse and fun to play!

Someone on reddit have posted a full loper beachcomb data, on this link:  https://imgur.com/a/e6Hs4HS

• Upvote 1

On 4/5/2023 at 3:39 PM, Shadox said:

Ship with 1 Red Flare, several Fishes, 1 Cloth, 1 Fuse and 2 Flaregun Shells in it now. I think this is about as good as it gets. Still the gunloper custom, for reference. Im gonna spend the upcoming long weekend with my interloper main in CH, to see how much different it is there.

So far, i really love the new beachcombing!

Is it possible to use the ship as a shelter? I see the ship cabin has a door and seemingly enough room for a bedroll.

4 hours ago, Blizzard Walker said:

Is it possible to use the ship as a shelter? I see the ship cabin has a door and seemingly enough room for a bedroll.

I have not tried it, bedroll might have fitted but i dont know how fast it despawns. I would rather not sleep in it, if it despawns the next blizzard for new beachcomb-items, but im not sure yet how this works. Thats a risk i'd only take if its otherwise a very safe death.

Finally!!!😄.  

A wolf carcass ,a corpse with a hat,a double locker with a hat and a piece of cloth inside,an upside down rowing boat with 4 rancid coho next to it and two planks of wood. . A birch sapling and two pieces of fir wood.  

After a few more hours beachcombing CH, Crumbling H and DP with exactly 15 more storms, I still haven't found a single set of quality tools or flares of any kind, even though everybody else seem to be swimming in them. Is this is an issue for older saves? I have a 270 day-old survivor doing all this beachcombing work, and I'm swimming in fish, cloth and saplings. Just found my first skill book but no sighting of flares or quality tools. 

Question is: do they only spawn in lockers, corpses, loose on the ice? What is the catch or trick I'm missing? I've been running up and down the full coast everytime, and no luck so far.

First round on my Interloper main, so far so good. Birch Sapling, Canoe, just with Fish. Ship with fish and cloth. Painkillers that are ruined, but probably still useable, will test it on next sprain. Planks and a pallet... do i need to remove them in order to spawn new items with the next blizzard? I'd rather not use hatchet durability for it. Some ruined mittens, leather and boots, a blue flare (i love you Hinterland! <3) Also glad about that leather, because even in this 528 Days old Sandbox, i had a aviator hat in FA! Will do many more rounds and see what they bring. I do have the cooked meat of 2 bears and 1 moose at quonset, im set for a while :P

I do really appreciate that Flares can be washed up now. It not only makes a rare fire renewable, but it also makes the sawmill trips to BI safer, once all whetstones are used up. Its nice that they can spawn on CH as well, not only BI, and probably the most important item apart from saplings that can make infinite survival possible.

Edit: Round 2 started with 2 Angler Skillbooks. What the heck 🤣 im Skill 5 there since quite some time, but its decoration i guess.

Edit 2: Some of the usual cloth/clothing stuff, but a birch sapling, maple sapling and ketchup chips

Edited by Shadox

5 minutes ago, Dan_ said:

Question is: do they only spawn in lockers, corpses, loose on the ice? What is the catch or trick I'm missing? I've been running up and down the full coast everytime, and no luck so far.

No problem for older sandbox. I found mine loose on the ice, around the most western part of CH beach.

46 minutes ago, Dan_ said:

After a few more hours beachcombing CH, Crumbling H and DP with exactly 15 more storms, I still haven't found a single set of quality tools or flares of any kind, even though everybody else seem to be swimming in them. Is this is an issue for older saves? I have a 270 day-old survivor doing all this beachcombing work, and I'm swimming in fish, cloth and saplings. Just found my first skill book but no sighting of flares or quality tools. 

Likely it's pure random but im experience right now different common loots. For a example, when i started on my run at day 350, quality tools spawn very frequently and even more than one in just a blizzard (Im playing at bleak inlet).

However im not getting any quality tools for a lot of time, and im getting other loots like ketchup chips more frequently. I have experienced this with other resources like leather or marine flares for a example.

MAYBE the new system works in a way of 'Rounds of certain items', like you get several quality tools or other resource in a small amount of time, and then it becomes very rare to let other resources wash more commonly. This makes sense to give a diverse amount of renewable resources over time, but however i can't prove this.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Glacia said:

Likely it's pure random but im experience right now different common loots. For a example, when i started on my run at day 350, quality tools spawn very frequently and even more than one in just a blizzard (Im playing at bleak inlet).

However im not getting any quality tools for a lot of time, and im getting other loots like ketchup chips more frequently. I have experienced this with other resources like leather or marine flares for a example.

MAYBE the new system works in a way of 'Rounds of certain items', like you get several quality tools or other resource in a small amount of time, and then it becomes very rare to let other resources wash more commonly. This makes sense to give a diverse amount of renewable resources over time, but however i can't prove this.

That seems possible (not just with beachcombing) since it does seem to going like "feast or famine" in my starting tests.  e.g. ML run on pilgrim wound up with 8 can openers, but almost no other tools.  My custom run in CH would turn up types of tools in groups of two's or three's close together.  I'm sure it balances if the player utilizes the whole world (i.e. perhaps entering a new region starts a new "round" in the RNG) but it makes a one-region run extremely likely to be very lop-sided... i.e. many multiples of one thing and almost nothing of anything else.

Edited by UpUpAway95
  • Upvote 1

Could there be sort of a diminishing return for Beachcombing? I've been in CH for about 10 Days now, and it does feel like the spawns are getting worse, the longer one stays there. While the first few rounds have been extremely good, the last round had only empty corpses, empty lockers, pallets and planks, and 2 wolf carcasses. Maybe just rng though. Anyone else experienced this?

17 hours ago, Glacia said:

I absolutely can see this as a potential valid theory. Kept going beachcombing this morning, some more 5 storms and I started getting wires, recycled cans, spray cans and cured rabbit pelts, which I haven't seen before. Painkillers seem to have stopped spawning. So maybe it uses some sort of game seed + days survived ( or other incremental and controllable factor ) to determine which items it should be bringing every "season".

Loose item respawn rates do seem much higher than before. Before the update, I'd beachcomb from CH to DP, then wait and hunt for 7 or 8 days in DP, then beachcomb back. I always got 3-4 saplings, good bunch of cloth and scrap by doing that. Now I get no scrap, but the sapling spawn rate and cloth provided is outrageous.

I'm not complaining, I'm trying to grab and eat every fish I find and my meat stores are just piling up, haven't had a steak in weeks in game, and the saplings and cloth are just piling up. I fully expect them to nerf this feature so better stock up.

On 4/8/2023 at 1:59 AM, Glacia said:

This is different on Interloper, the loot tables are very balanced and now everything it's easy renewable.

I think the amount is a bit much though what with there being a a blizzard every other day. Before it took a long time for the loot to refresh. Don't get me wrong, I think there should certainly be stuff on Interloper. And probably even more than before. The old loot was a bit low to make it a truly interesting mechanic for my tastes, but now it seems a bit overtuned.

Edited by Serenity
  • Upvote 1
  • Like 2