Beachcombing Part 2 - What have you found?

hozz1235

CH, after a blizzard:
A human body, a wolf carcass, a trunk, scrap metal, a backpack, green maple sapling, fish, cloth, green birch sapling, a double locker!?,  a single locker, planks, wool toque.

I've also noticed the ice shows cracks when you enter thin ice - very cool!!

Edited by hozz1235
  • Upvote 1
  • Like 3

Nice! Glad to see more people enjoying the tune-up of this amazing feature.

Playing on Interloper, I found plenty of bodies, deer carcasses, saplings, cloth, leather shoes and trail boots, firewood, tons of fish and sometimes an empty canoe, a wool toque, a pallet, old man's beard, cattails, cat tail heads and some planks. Best thing is a trunk with high condition clothing.

From the old allotment of loper beachcombing loot, I'm noticing a lack of scrap metal, is is prevalent on the other difficulty modes? Did anybody manage to find it? I've combed through the beach for 5 or 6 storms now. 

A Pallet, Boards, a Corpse with Matches on it, Saplings like before, a cured rabbit pelt, a little canoe with a bow and 2 arrows in it. Everythings pretty nice except the pallet (i dont really want to harvest that.. well maybe with a fire on clear day but CH is windy) but the biggest surprise have been the matches. I dont know if they are on every corpse washed up there, but "respawning" matches are amazing.

Edit: Found 2 Hatchets on the Beach on my new Gunloper. Amazing!

Edited by Shadox
  • Like 1

On 4/1/2023 at 3:24 PM, Dan_ said:

From the old allotment of loper beachcombing loot, I'm noticing a lack of scrap metal, is is prevalent on the other difficulty modes? Did anybody manage to find it? I've combed through the beach for 5 or 6 storms now.

I did find scrap metal on my first look.

On 4/1/2023 at 1:17 PM, Kayosiv said:

I found a truck

A truck, like pick-up truck??

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, SuperStriker16 said:

Has anyone got a boat yet? i'm curious what's inside them.

I got a boat, if a canoe counts. Bow and some arrows have been in there. Also did another round of beachcomb, and found an improvised knife. It gets better and better :D

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, SuperStriker16 said:

Wow, I found a canoe as well, but it had nothing in it, that's what i get for playing loper i guess. 

Yeah loot in ships is made to fit loper, best you will find is like fish as to not mess with the games balance in loper

Edited by Moosemaster

On 4/1/2023 at 4:24 PM, Dan_ said:

Nice! Glad to see more people enjoying the tune-up of this amazing feature.

Playing on Interloper, I found plenty of bodies, deer carcasses, saplings, cloth, leather shoes and trail boots, firewood, tons of fish and sometimes an empty canoe, a wool toque, a pallet, old man's beard, cattails, cat tail heads and some planks. Best thing is a trunk with high condition clothing.

It’s because you make improvised tools with them so they want to make it harder to get. Also seems like they did a good job balancing the loot. While it’s a lot more useful stuff none if it is very gamebreaking

• Upvote 1

Interloper new loots:

- Quality tools (And likely normal ones too).

- Fishing books, i have looted 3 in less than 10 days. Not sure if other books are avaliable.

- A lot of clothing, even quality pieces like the aviator jacket. Almost exclusive to chests. If aviator jackets can spawn it's likely most clothing pieces can be found, if not all.

- Ketchup chips.

- Carcasses, so free hides/guts from wolf/deer. Cured rabbit pelts can also spawn, i have never see a rabbit corpse.

- Notable changes to loot include an abundant source of fish, more saplings, wood and cloth/leather (Both cloth and random clothing to dismantle). Scrap metal spawns as usual.

Unconfirmed loot for interloper (If anyone can confirm, please leave a repply):

- Matches/Firestrikers.

- Improvised tools (Normal ones are not avaliable ofc)

- Arrows or arrowheads.

- Flare guns and shells. Note that both are avaliable on loper but not confirmed via beachcomb.

- Several other resources.

Please post your discoveries so we can update the wiki! 🥰

18 hours ago, SuperStriker16 said:

Wow, I found a canoe as well, but it had nothing in it, that's what i get for playing loper i guess. 

You can find canoes with 2 fishes nearby on loper, and also some reclaimed wood. It's random, but most times you can get the fish.

• Upvote 1

An small note:

The update also refresh the spawn points of bleak inlet. Before the only spots where near the lighthouse and cannery worker residences, now you can find beachcomb spawns around all the coastline of the map.

Other regions seems to have the same spawn points as always.

CH after blizzard #3:  2 fish, 2 cured leather,  2 suitcases, painkillers, knife, trunk, OMB, hacksaw, 2 fir firewood, recl. wood, locker, 2 birch bark, 2 green birch sapling, cloth, pallet, 2 rifle shell casing, backpack.

Edited by hozz1235

1 hour ago, Glacia said:

Confirmed loot for Interloper:

- Marine Flares.

Not sure if common flares are avaliable.

Note that for the first time in 9 years, firestarting is now fully renewable (Maglens have clear day requirement). While flares are not very common, finding a few can bring the survivor the bit of fire-starting needed to endless survive and without needing the requirements for the maglens.

Also it seems matches are also renewable on stalker, so even easier!

11 hours ago, Glacia said:

Confirmed loot for Interloper:

- Marine Flares.

Not sure if common flares are avaliable.

This just made my day! I always called them "unnecessarily heavy matches" and now they'll be just that, glad to see firestarting can now be truly 100% renewable. 

Thanks for sharing Glacia! 

• Like 1

Ship with 1 Red Flare, several Fishes, 1 Cloth, 1 Fuse and 2 Flaregun Shells in it now. I think this is about as good as it gets. Still the gunloper custom, for reference. Im gonna spend the upcoming long weekend with my interloper main in CH, to see how much different it is there.

So far, i really love the new beachcombing!

18 hours ago, Glacia said:

Note that for the first time in 9 years, firestarting is now fully renewable (Maglens have clear day requirement). While flares are not very common, finding a few can bring the survivor the bit of fire-starting needed to endless survive and without needing the requirements for the maglens.

Also it seems matches are also renewable on stalker, so even easier!

Also, marine flares seems to be a common drop, not common as sticks/reclaimed wood but not rare. I have looted 3 in one round after a blizzard at bleak inlet, this is more than enough to keep the fire for fishing without spending matches.

And of course flares can be used for the intended reason:  Fight timberwolves. Not very usefull outside BI anyways.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Glacia said:

Also, marine flares seems to be a common drop, not common as sticks/reclaimed wood but not rare. I have looted 3 in one round after a blizzard at bleak inlet, this is more than enough to keep the fire for fishing without spending matches.

And of course flares can be used for the intended reason:  Fight timberwolves. Not very usefull outside BI anyways.

Do you have the impression that the items you get from beachcombing differs from area to area? So different things in BI and CH? I never use blue flares apart from fighting t-wolves, and i still hoard my 10 i got left on my interloper main character. I just found red ones so far from beachcombing. And i dont plan to return to BI before the last 2 whetstones are gone and sawmill is required :P

Edited by Shadox

31 minutes ago, Shadox said:

Do you have the impression that the items you get from beachcombing differs from area to area? So different things in BI and CH? I never use blue flares apart from fighting t-wolves, and i still hoard my 10 i got left on my interloper main character. I just found red ones so far from beachcombing. And i dont plan to return to BI before the last 2 whetstones are gone and sawmill is required :P

I suspect region may change the loot, it makes sense to loot marine flares on bleak inlet. You get common flares on interloper? I haven't see one yet.

Could be, since i have not found a single blue flare on CH beach. No, the only thing i did with my interloper main since the update was getting some acorns, but i spend some days in CH and maybe DP this weekend to check it again on that survivor. I found those with my new Gunloper, made for this update to play the tale. I made basically everything interloper, enabled guns, disabled cabin fever and halfed health regeneration as a trade off. So beachcomb loot shouldnt be different from interloper, unless the enabled guns play a role for it. And maybe it does, because i found empty rifle shells as well.