Part 2 - What will you do first?

Part 2 - What will you do first?  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've already developed a to-do list that differs from the norm considerably.

1. Load an Archivist challenge run due to the extra auroras.
  2. Search every nook and cranny of the map for any sign of the Tale.
  3. If not found (or found and inaccessible), load a Voyageur/Stalker save as per usual and search again.
  4. Upload any findings to the wiki- the world must know.
  5. If still not found, load a Pilgrim save with The Five Perks (Snow Walker, Blizzard Walker, Cold Fusion, STTH, Darkwalker) and search every nook and cranny of the map twice.
  6. Cry as someone immediately manages to beeline straight to the first bunker through pure luck and immediately completes the Tale.
  • Upvote 3

The bunkers definitely win in my book. But to be honest, I never found beachcombing fun or worthwhile, maybe this'll change my mind!

Fire hardened arrows will be top tier when they add the Ptarmigan. I wonder if a shotgun is secretly in order too! 

Acorns will be awesome, vegan challenge, anyone? xP

1 hour ago, MarrowStone said:

How much do you recommend Darkwalker? Ig it has its advantages for exploring auroras actually. Do you recommend it for general play however?  

6/10
You have to structure your entire playstyle around it, but it's worthwhile. Minimize daytime activities, maximize nighttime activities. If you must do anything at day time, make it reading or repairing.

I personally run Blizzard Walker/Snow Walker/Darkwalker because I'm agile like that

While waiting this morning for the update, I'm going to head over to the Transition area so I can gather some acorns there, then head into FA hoping the transponder signal will fire there.  Course, this is all dependent upon how the Tale will be delivered to us.  I still think it will be like a standalone challenge, but I hope I'm wrong!

On 3/28/2023 at 11:42 AM, Mistral said:

Pretty sure maximum of five updates is on the table, not six. There's not enough of time to make that many, not with their speed and delays and console issues. So after this update 2, three more. One probably mid-summer before their holidays, one in fall, final before Christmas break. Map 2 in update 3 and map 3 in update 5. Yes I agree cougar with final update also.

They will probably just end up releasing part 6 in early 2024 then. I doubt that hinterland would break their promise of 6 updates.

• Upvote 1

I'm currently in day 367 of my current run (Stalker) and I started in HRV (complete), moved to MT (Complete), gone to ML (complete excepting bunker - storage, refresh and transit between other zones now), Dam side of WR (in and out of Dam), All of Ravine (supplies staged for other zones), FM (Marsh to Poachers and poking in from BI - still moving supplies into the zone from MT & ML), and most of BI (including having entered the Cannery Workshop and working at getting supplies moved into the zone so as to use the equipment there).

It took me FOREVER to find a Hacksaw (finally found two in BI) and had to go back to MT to get all that lead from the Batteries that I had centrally relocated...

Got all the Buffer Memories of MT, 2/3 of FM. all but one from Camp and only one from Dam.  All while moving and setting up supply cashes for movement into the various other zones.

So, now that the Prepper cashes are now back, I now have to find the one in ML & FM.  Also, is there now one in MT or HRV that I'll need to go and find??

Edited by E_T

1 minute ago, E_T said:

I'm currently in day 367 of my current run (Stalker) and I started in HRV (complete), moved to MT (Complete), gone to ML (complete excepting bunker - storage, refresh and transit between other zones now), Dam side of WR (in and out of Dam), All of Ravine (supplies staged for other zones), FM (Marsh to Poachers and poking in from BI - still moving supplies into the zone from MT & ML), and most of BI (including having entered the Cannery Workshop and working at getting supplies moved into the zone so as to use the equipment there).

It took me FOREVER to find a Hacksaw (finally found two in BI) and had to go back to MT to get all that lead from the Batteries that I had centrally relocated...

Got all the Buffer Memories of MT, 2/3 of FM. all but one from Camp and only one from Dam.  All while moving and setting up supply cashes for movement into the various other zones.

So, now that the Prepper cashes are now back, I now have to find the one in ML.  Also, is there now one in MT or HRV that I'll need to go and find??

There’s 3 per game that are fully stocked. So it’s up to luck and they appear in new locations

20 hours ago, JackTrysGames said:

I've already developed a to-do list that differs from the norm considerably.

1. Load an Archivist challenge run due to the extra auroras.
  2. Search every nook and cranny of the map for any sign of the Tale.
  3. If not found (or found and inaccessible), load a Voyageur/Stalker save as per usual and search again.
  4. Upload any findings to the wiki- the world must know.
  5. If still not found, load a Pilgrim save with The Five Perks (Snow Walker, Blizzard Walker, Cold Fusion, STTH, Darkwalker) and search every nook and cranny of the map twice.
  6. Cry as someone immediately manages to beeline straight to the first bunker through pure luck and immediately completes the Tale.

You haven’t found the bunker with tin 0.2 seconds of the updates release? Cringe