Part 2 - What will you do first?

Part 2 - What will you do first?  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

19 minutes ago, hozz1235 said:

You will lots to do on console!  Not heading for the airfield? ;)

I always start in ash canyon for the pack and crampons,then work through trying to find the moose then the bunkers .. I want to go to  the airfield with really good clothes,plenty of ammo and rifle. And preferably a few MRes . By the sound of the insomnia I'll need some teas too.    It is a very long walk ahead and I'm sure I'll pass acorns and the other new stuff on the way.  I don't use the bow anyway,I'm a lousy shot!😁

Edited by Leeanda
  • Upvote 3

Acorns you'll get in the Transfer Pass, just before arriving in the FA region.

I chose "Other" : I have so much coffee and arrows within my stocks, there will be no need for me to look for acorns and make some new arrrows, except may-be for the new thing to look for ;) But, still, the first thing I'll go looking for is the handheld shortwave receiver along with the first transmitter to start the tale. I hope the first transmitter will be in FA ^^

By the way, I don't know about you all, but I'm finding maple saplings in abundance whereas birch saplings are not that abundant... I usually count 1 maple for 6-8 birch and right now it's more like 1 for 3. These proportions, along with not-so-large numbers have me thinking that thousand days will be more and more difficult to attain, what do you think ?

• Upvote 2

Going for the acorns for sure; then I want to see if you can make fire-hardened arrows on the Hunted Part 1. Finally got a bow and I want to give the Old Bear some pay back without wasting precious arrows. They might just make him mad though, lol

• Upvote 2

Story in Survival for me.

Also...for Leeanda.

It appears that every other update will feature a new region.

Update 1 New Region
Update 2 Story in Survival in that region.

So I predict that Updates 3 and 5 will introduce new regions.
Updates 4 and 6 Story in survival for those regions.

Across the updates we get the other small additions...I fully expect the Cougar to be added in the final update.

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, RossBondReturns said:

Also...for Leeanda.

Update 1 New Region

Across the updates we get the other small additions...I fully expect the Cougar to be added in the final update.

I must've read it completely wrong then... I thought there were two standard free updates with things like weapons and  new mechanics and the separate dlcs were for the new areas.   Thank you for the nfo 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Leeanda said:

I must've read it completely wrong then... I thought there were two standard free updates with things like weapons and  new mechanics and the separate dlcs were for the new areas.   Thank you for the nfo 

No problem:

Essentially (on PC) the first release contained: The Transition Zone made out of two regions. And Forsaken Airfield. 3 Rifle Variants, 1 Bow Variant, and one Lantern Variant. 10-15 minutes of new survival music. Loot Refresh (this leads to sandboxes from very unlucky all the way to very lucky). Player Spawn Refresh. Notes in Visors (and other places along with sometimes keys) for lock boxes/memento caches. Some notes lead to permanent map markings for Transition Zones. And also Doe's.

The 2nd Release was pretty thoroughly covered in the March Dev Diary at the top of this thread.

Consoles will get both at once.

It should be noted also that anything listed in the Free Branch Update is also part of the DLC branch.

SO...

Bunker Refresh.
Improved Beachcombing,
Oak Trees (across all regions) and Acorns. Acorn Tea...and Soup (it says you can prepare them for eating.
And fire hardened arrows that can be crafted at a campfire (an I assume fire barrel).

All of that comes to everyone- paid/free we all get it.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, RossBondReturns said:

Also...for Leeanda.

Update 1 New Region

Pretty sure maximum of five updates is on the table, not six. There's not enough of time to make that many, not with their speed and delays and console issues. So after this update 2, three more. One probably mid-summer before their holidays, one in fall, final before Christmas break. Map 2 in update 3 and map 3 in update 5. Yes I agree cougar with final update also.

Some minor hotfixes / quality of life patches in between

Edited by Mistral

10 hours ago, RossBondReturns said:

No problem:

Essentially (on PC) the first release contained: The Transition Zone made out of two regions. And Forsaken Airfield. 3 Rifle Variants, 1 Bow Variant, and one Lantern Variant. 10-15 minutes of new survival music. Loot Refresh (this leads to sandboxes from very unlucky all the way to very lucky). Player Spawn Refresh. Notes in Visors (and other places along with sometimes keys) for lock boxes/memento caches. Some notes lead to permanent map markings for Transition Zones. And also Doe's.

The 2nd Release was pretty thoroughly covered in the March Dev Diary at the top of this thread.

Consoles will get both at once.

It should be noted also that anything listed in the Free Branch Update is also part of the DLC branch.

SO...

Bunker Refresh.
Improved Beachcombing,
Oak Trees (across all regions) and Acorns. Acorn Tea...and Soup (it says you can prepare them for eating.
And fire hardened arrows that can be crafted at a campfire (an I assume fire barrel).

All of that comes to everyone- paid/free we all get it.

Flippin' 'eck!!!  🙂.   I seriously read it wrong !!  Thanks🙂

58 minutes ago, conanjaguar said:

start exploring FA to try and initiate the Tale

I'm assuming Tales will be like challenges and not available in Survival.  We will see very soon!

Instead of Challenges, TALES FROM THE FAR TERRITORY will include three narrative-driven Tales, stories of the territory's mysterious past, each with narrative-focused gameplay objectives that help build up the story of Great Bear Island, and connect back to the WINTERMUTE storyline which culminates in Episode Five.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, conanjaguar said:

I had that impression as well.

So, we'd have to play Story mode to do the Tale? 

Survival mode currently doesn't have any "objectives" (except to survive however you can).  I would love it if they could implement Tales into Survival but seems like it would be a lot of work.

I'm anticipating Tales will be a standalone experience, just like Challenges.  Hope I'm wrong!

Edited by hozz1235

8 hours ago, hozz1235 said:

So, we'd have to play Story mode to do the Tale? 

Survival mode currently doesn't have any "objectives" (except to survive however you can).  I would love it if they could implement Tales into Survival but seems like it would be a lot of work.

I'm anticipating Tales will be a standalone experience, just like Challenges.  Hope I'm wrong!

Nah...they've described it as story mode in Survival.

I've been hoping that an objective might pop up in one of my current sandboxes in the Airfield to start the Tale.

However I'm guessing that you'll access them by clicking Survival...and then Stories.

The story in survival is, by far, the thing I've been anticipating the most....since it'll tie back into the Wintermute story.