what is the dumbest thing you could possibly add to the game?

florpman

Bug spray, sand bags (edible), parenting books, helicopter, Thomas the tank engine, game boys, double jump, tripping, alcohol (you can get drunk and lose all your stuff with no benefits), working pianos made of wolf quarters. A.K.A. a wolfgang piano.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Batman who shows. Up if you commit any crimes (including trespassing), arcade machines that require quarters, full moons where you turn into a werewolf and can easily kill any animals, a pogo stick.

Edited by Bearimpaler101
Typo

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, Cold In July said:

the ability to make a snowman. And put active flashlight as his nose. Should help at auroras

Lol.. 

I'd pay for a dlc to make snowmen,and snowballs to throw at bears...

Cool idea for the flashlight though😊

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Reading through the thread I actually like a lot of these ideas and wouldn't consider them "dumb": I'd love to see them in TLD, and think it would lead to new/interesting gameplay.

• Making snowmen could be fun, similar to what Raph has said previously about a speculated implementation for Spray Paint "fading over many hundreds of days", could be fun/interesting to make a snowman and come back days/weeks later and it's all melty.
  • Matches getting wet: that's actually a neat gameplay mechanic, not just a "more realism" change, but adds interesting/memorable gameplay and decisions: e.g. Firestiker/Wood Matches VS Cardboard Matches, and an interesting challenge for regions with weak ice. Might even be a reason to include cardboard matches on Interloper/Misery.
  • Ice Cream: a bit silly, but there already are freezers in TLD so it actually wouldn't necessitate any new assets, aside from models for the icecream itself. Would also be in-universe reasons why it wouldn't freeze (power went out, but it's winter. It's an excellent idea for e.g. a "high calorie food with the added drawback of reducing Warmth". No other food in TLD acts like this, great idea.
Edited by Veskaida
  • Upvote 2

I have a few.

• A German BF-109 fighter plane, with no explanation of why it is there
  • The ability to use paint cans, paint a wall, then pass time by watching it dry
  • One of those Christmas cards that when opened will sing a song for hours and if ripped open will spill glitter all over the place, however with the aurora frying the electronics it will be powered during an aurora and annoy Mackenzie so much that he will refuse to do anything until he finds it and chucks it outside
  • A 3D printer, but auroras don't last long enough to get any meaningful project completed
  • A refrigerator with a built-in water dispenser, but the pipes are frozen so that when you interact with it you can't do anything
  • Fireworks but if you set them off any other day than July 1st the wolves will file a noise complaint
  • the ability to fix broken cabinet doors but when doing so another cabinet door will fall off in the same room
  • The ability to watch movies during auroras but they are like the cheap knockoffs of blockbusters and will always be in an obscure language other than what you have the in-game language set to
  • The ability to tame wolves but there is a 75% chance that it was an imposter and it explodes
  • The cougar but it only spawns in a random interior location
  • When the character says "I'd eat snow if the hypothermia wouldn't kill me" they immediately go outside, eat snow (animated and all) and then get hypothermia
  • lighting spray paint on fire and using it like a flamethrower to deter wolves
  • random world event that when you do something impressive your socks get knocked off
  • an M1A2 main battle tank blowing your door off
  • the ability to craft quilts but you always fail before its completed

That's my entry

• Upvote 2

When the character dies (the final time if they are using Cheat Death), the black death screen shows, then fades out to an image of a snow angel with the broken hatchet from the game's logo laying in the center of it.

Serves no purpose, but the mental image I have of it is making me chuckle a bit. 

Of course, the hatchet head could be buried in the snow angel's head, but that may be a bit too on-the-nose.

• Upvote 3

Swimsuit that can be worn by the player, and found in a submarine, that, if repaired with quality tools and some scrap metal, sticks and cloth, will allow one to travel into the underwater TLD regions, but only during aurora.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

A bunch of Taylor swift records but only the non Taylor's version ones and no record player (with the highest value at the trader I the game).

All I want for Christmas is you constantly playing on repeat that fills your smell meter so all animals are constantly chasing you (including prey).

40 minutes ago, Bearimpaler101 said:

Daredevil style blindfold that makes you scare wolves away but means you can't see anything.

This is basically a blizzard 😊

• Upvote 3