If you could build a house...

hozz1235

13 hours ago, Lord of the Long Dark said:

I’d prefer a cave to a house so I can stave off cabin fever and it would be  in pleasant Valley within a minute walk of the farmhouse.  

What if there was no such thing as cabin fever?  Hmm..couldn't one also get "cave fever"?

I'd just directly move into Paradise Meadows. Straighten the furniture, pick up that overturned plant, sweep  and generally clean house. Maybe head into Milton and scavenge materials from other houses to fix the place up a bit, repair the kitchen cabinets, etc. 

• Upvote 5
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, hozz1235 said:

How the heck do you reply so quickly to posts? ;)  Seems like you're always on.

I am !😁 Well when I'm not playing TLD anyway! or cleaning or doing tai chi and in between sleeping and eating!😂  . Actually forget the eating, I can do both at the same time!

Edited by Leeanda
  • Upvote 1

Hushed River Valley was never my favourite but ı guess ı wanna live in a house near Monolith Lake. Between the falls, close to an amazing lake and a friendly (!) moose, ıt would be cool. 

Also Misandthrope’s Homestad in Coastal Highway is another good option and ı guess ıt feels more loud and alive with wildlife, coastal town and abandoned houses around the town.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2

After very much internal debate, I finally found my ideal spot.

It would involve razing the broken lighthouse in Bleak Inlet.
I would go course salvage that 6 burner stove, why waste a good stove!screen_99204f45-ee60-400f-a161-ac04423f12e0_hi.thumb.png.6b4f94a1e890757ed30a4b95f777986d.png

First off, the view from the top of the hill there is fantastic.  The dock is in fairly good shape too, so when rescue final does come,
I'll be able to see em coming and can run right down and meet them at the waters edge...  

• Upvote 5
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, piddy3825 said:

After very much internal debate, I finally found my ideal spot.

It would involve razing the broken lighthouse in Bleak Inlet.
I would go course salvage that 6 burner stove, why waste a good stove!

First off, the view from the top of the hill there is fantastic.  The dock is in fairly good shape too, so when rescue final does come,
I'll be able to see em coming and can run right down and meet them at the waters edge...  

Nice spot.  Why not repair the lighthouse?  How cool would that be?

47 minutes ago, hozz1235 said:

Nice spot.  Why not repair the lighthouse?  How cool would that be?

Well, I thought of that too, but then if I wanted to live in a light house, I figured I could just move to DP.  
at least in DP I wouldn't have to deal with timber wolves.  I figured the bonus of living in BI would be the continued access to
the cannery and it looks like if things got better, I'd also already have a boat that was docked nearby.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, piddy3825 said:

Well, I thought of that too, but then if I wanted to live in a light house, I figured I could just move to DP.  
at least in DP I wouldn't have to deal with timber wolves.  I figured the bonus of living in BI would be the continued access to
the cannery and it looks like if things got better, I'd also already have a boat that was docked nearby.  

So if you could demo and build a house at either of those locations, which one would you choose (all other factors aside)?

8 minutes ago, hozz1235 said:

So if you could demo and build a house at either of those locations, which one would you choose (all other factors aside)?

I'm leaning more towards Bleak Inlet in that case.  Considering that I have access to two fishing shacks on either side of spit and an active bear cave closely nearby as well.  Not to mention being able to find coal that is routinely unearthed in the nearby destroyed cannery employees cabins.  Then there is the prolific deer population as well as rabbits in the same area as the bear den.  And lastly continued access to the machine shop at the cannery when the need arises.  All things considered, with the exception of having to deal with the timber wolves, BI offers a vastly superior advantage to amenities than does DP.

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

I would very much like to have a house at Monolith Lake, although I don't think I'd want to live there. It'd be more of a vacation home to me. The exact location would be on the west side of the lake.

For a place to live longer-term, Coastal Highway is hard to beat. I particularly like the two-story house on Misanthrope's Homestead, though there are a couple modifications I'd like to make to it. Firstly, I'd build a dock somewhere on the coastline, so that I have easy access to the ocean for transportation. Secondly, that house really needs a woodstove or two. Get the 6-burner stove from the Crumbling Lighthouse for the kitchen (my neighbours once brought a cook stove to an island cabin using a dory). For added bonus, how about getting a wood stove from a crumbing cabin and putting it where the TV now sits? Oh, and while I'm at it, might as well move the workbench from Fishing Camp into the basement, no?

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Glflegolas said:

I would very much like to have a house at Monolith Lake, although I don't think I'd want to live there. It'd be more of a vacation home to me. The exact location would be on the west side of the lake.

For a place to live longer-term, Coastal Highway is hard to beat. I particularly like the two-story house on Misanthrope's Homestead, though there are a couple modifications I'd like to make to it. Firstly, I'd build a dock somewhere on the coastline, so that I have easy access to the ocean for transportation. Secondly, that house really needs a woodstove or two. Get the 6-burner stove from the Crumbling Lighthouse for the kitchen (my neighbours once brought a cook stove to an island cabin using a dory). For added bonus, how about getting a wood stove from a crumbing cabin and putting it where the TV now sits? Oh, and while I'm at it, might as well move the workbench from Fishing Camp into the basement, no?

Now wouldn't it be cool if could do stuff like that in the game?   I'd be taking the hood off of one of the cars to use as a sled, which would be used to haul a couple of stoves to my new crib.  Of course, I'd have a team of Reindeer all hitched up to pull my hoodsleigh around as I went about looting and salvaging the region of its salvageable building materials.  All those planks laying around just waiting to be repurposed!  Imagine what you could do with all those pallets!  I can imagine flattening out all those left over tin cans and using them as roof materials.  

You're what?
Tin roof
Rusted!

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2