autowalk!

slvrsrfr

18 hours ago, slvrsrfr said:

Yay! :)

For two years my auto walk has been 6-7 quarters taped at the edges, and a lip balm cap. Thia is a great QoL update, ty Hinterland! :)

I used to jam a creditcard-sized metal bottle opener between the keys "2", "3" and "W" while I kept "W" pressed for a second.  😎

16 hours ago, Ice Hole said:

Going for a stroll has never been easier.  Change the keybind for Autowalk to your middle mouse. 

The other hand now free can do a various tasks, such as sipping tea or lighting a smoke.

This is a very valuable tip!

By default you have to press Z (autowalk) or S (backwards) to cancel autowalk, but rushing to put down your drink to avoid autojumping off a cliff may have negative effects on your keyboard and other surroundings 😁 It almost happened to me while walking up the hill towards the transition mine from PV to CH. After that I've decided to change the keybind to the mouse.

• Upvote 1

On 5/19/2020 at 10:23 AM, slvrsrfr said:

Yay! :)

For two years my auto walk has been 6-7 quarters taped at the edges, and a lip balm cap. Thia is a great QoL update, ty Hinterland! :)

lol, I'm using a steel ball bearing and a bit of plumbers putty. I just plop it down on my "w" key and let it go...

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Reconlobster said:

i have not been able to get auto walk to work. I've tried remapping to several different keys and none of them have worked. Is there something i'm missing?

yeah, me too.  I've tried resetting the keys to almost every other unused key and no joy.  haven't seen any other posts yet regarding this issue either.

• 2 weeks later...

By the spear of Wotan: Thank you! 

This old kid with bad wrists can now play for more than 15 -30 min at a time thanks to the auto-walk!  Thank you for caring for us with RSI/CTS issue so that we can play too.  If I have any more kids I'll name them "Raph" and "Dev".  :)

Edited by Luca Loquax
typo
  • Upvote 2

On 6/5/2020 at 6:16 PM, Luca Loquax said:

By the spear of Wotan: Thank you! 

This old kid with bad wrists can now play for more than 15 -30 min at a time thanks to the auto-walk!  Thank you for caring for us with RSI/CTS issue so that we can play too.  If I have any more kids I'll name them "Raph" and "Dev".  :)

🤣😂